HTC ONE M8 Fell off car and got run over

Search This thread

drigout

Jun 23, 2010
So my girlfriend also has an HTC M8 but from Verizon. She left it on the roof of her car while going to get gas before going for a long drive. at the gas station she noticed she did not have her phone and remembered she had put it on the roof of her car. we drive back and forth with no luck so she started to walk (1 mile total to station) (Took her 30 min to find it).
Apparently it lasted 3 turns and fell off the 4th turn that is a 50MPH Road. (it had a $5 plastic case on it from ebay)
We found the phone in the grass between the sidewalk and the curb.

From the looks of it it fell off of her car and got ran over by another car/truck that made the phone fly into the grass.
The phone's screen is completely cracked!!

Here are some pictures:
Screen Off
M8-1.jpg

Screen On
M8-2.jpg

Side
M8-3.jpg

We got the phone home and could see minor colors on the screen, Sliding to the right gave me a green screen (Blink Feed)
So the Touch Part of the screen works perfectly!!!, I plugged in my MHL adapter and found out why we could not access the phone, the SIM card had be dislodged.
I took it out and put it back in and phone works at 100% with the exception of the screen showing just minor colors.

I am impressed!! I would have though a car/truck driving 50+MPH would have done more damage to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackcircle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So my girlfriend also has an HTC M8 but from Verizon. She left it on the roof of her car while going to get gas before going for a long drive. at the gas station she noticed she did not have her phone and remembered she had put it on the roof of her car. we drive back and forth with no luck so she started to walk (1 mile total to station) (Took her 30 min to find it).
    Apparently it lasted 3 turns and fell off the 4th turn that is a 50MPH Road. (it had a $5 plastic case on it from ebay)
    We found the phone in the grass between the sidewalk and the curb.

From the looks of it it fell off of her car and got ran over by another car/truck that made the phone fly into the grass.
    The phone's screen is completely cracked!!

Here are some pictures:
    Screen Off
    M8-1.jpg

Screen On
    M8-2.jpg

Side
    M8-3.jpg

We got the phone home and could see minor colors on the screen, Sliding to the right gave me a green screen (Blink Feed)
    So the Touch Part of the screen works perfectly!!!, I plugged in my MHL adapter and found out why we could not access the phone, the SIM card had be dislodged.
    I took it out and put it back in and phone works at 100% with the exception of the screen showing just minor colors.

I am impressed!! I would have though a car/truck driving 50+MPH would have done more damage to it.