Trying to root device using AIO toolkit by Hasoon. SuperSU not getting pushed to SD.

Search This thread

remedemic

Aug 12, 2012
Hi,

I'm trying to use hasoon2000's AIO toolkit in order to root my HTC One M8 (T-Mobile). I am following the guide outlined in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2066390

I've flashed the recovery, all that I need to do now is click "Perm Root" to push supersu.zip onto my phone, and then use the recovery to install the zip. However, when I click perm root, i get the following message:

failed to copy 'su/supersu.zip' to '/sdcard/supersu.zip' permission denied

After I go to the recovery, I see supersu.zip there, and I flash it using the recovery, but I don't think it is a full and proper installation because when I enter supersu from my phone, it is telling me that "binaries" are not installed. I am assuming this is because of the denied permissions. USB debugging is definitely on. Any advice?

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi,

I'm trying to use hasoon2000's AIO toolkit in order to root my HTC One M8 (T-Mobile). I am following the guide outlined in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2066390

I've flashed the recovery, all that I need to do now is click "Perm Root" to push supersu.zip onto my phone, and then use the recovery to install the zip. However, when I click perm root, i get the following message:

After I go to the recovery, I see supersu.zip there, and I flash it using the recovery, but I don't think it is a full and proper installation because when I enter supersu from my phone, it is telling me that "binaries" are not installed. I am assuming this is because of the denied permissions. USB debugging is definitely on. Any advice?

Does it also tell you to click a button to update the binaries? Do that.
Also, why are you using a toolkit? Rooting the M8 is super easy.
I always suggest to never use toolkits unless there is no other option to gain root. Usually for cheap third world devices like Micromax.

EDIT:
Here:
Go to this link, and download the "UPDATE SuperSU.zip" onto your phone.
Flash it in recovery.
Find it in your app drawer and open it.
Update the binaries.
You are now rooted.

Last edited:
Reactions: remedemic

fcasini

Mar 23, 2005
Roma
I always suggest to never use toolkits unless there is no other option to gain root. Usually for cheap third world devices like Micromax.

Hi Xunholyx,
I've got a similar issue when I try to root mu M8.
My phone is Unlooked and S-Off but when I try to send the command "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" I get the message "permission denied".
Can you help me?
ciao
fausto

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

If you are running Lollipop, the SuperSU version that comes with the toolkit is quite obsolete, and won't work anyway.

Just download the current (2.46) version SuperSU and flash it like xunholyx says.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

I've got a similar issue when I try to root mu M8.
My phone is Unlooked and S-Off but when I try to send the command "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" I get the message "permission denied".
Can you help me?

Confirm in bootloader, that is says UNLOCKED.

What hboot number, and what version TWRP are you trying to flash?

fcasini

Mar 23, 2005
Roma
If you are running Lollipop, the SuperSU version that comes with the toolkit is quite obsolete, and won't work anyway.

Just download the current (2.46) version SuperSU and flash it like xunholyx says.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Confirm in bootloader, that is says UNLOCKED.

What hboot number, and what version TWRP are you trying to flash?

Hi Redpoint,
yes, there is "*** UNLOCKED ***" at the top of the screen and the HBOOT number is: 3.19.0.000 and Twrp version is 2.8.7.0 just downloaded fromtwrp.me.
thanks again
ciao

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Hi Redpoint,
yes, there is "*** UNLOCKED ***" at the top of the screen and the HBOOT number is: 3.19.0.000 and Twrp version is 2.8.7.0 just downloaded fromtwrp.me.
thanks again
ciao

What happens if you type the command: fastboot devices

The response should be the phone ID; which corresponds to your serial number, I believe, so do NOT post it.

fcasini

Mar 23, 2005
Roma
What happens if you type the command: fastboot devices

The response should be the phone ID; which corresponds to your serial number, I believe, so do NOT post it.

I have not device id to post unfortunately...when I give the command fastboot devices I always get the message "Permission denied". Phone is connected via usb and is in "FASTBOOT USB" state...
I don't know what else I can do...
ciao

attached a snapshot of the menu that apperas when I hit "Recovery" from the boot menu... if can help...

Attachments

• recovery.jpg
    recovery.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

fcasini

Mar 23, 2005
Roma
Why are you trying to flash in recovery mode? You need to be in fastboot mode to flash via fastboot.
Have you got the proper fast boot drivers?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

thank you ashyx, I will try to follow the guide in the link as soon as I will have the phone again.
Just today the camera is not working properly. It is impossible to take a picture because there is some problems with focus and the noise of its drive... 3 or 4 weeks to have it back!!!
thanks, news asap.
ciao

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

EDIT:
    Here:
    Go to this link, and download the "UPDATE SuperSU.zip" onto your phone.
    Flash it in recovery.
    Find it in your app drawer and open it.
    Update the binaries.
    You are now rooted.