(Rom) Vibrant9 Eclair 2.1 flashable .zip * 9/2/2010* Final *

Search This thread

qba86

May 30, 2010
Hello guys,

For some reason my phone rebooted as I was navigating through the recovery menu right after formatting my system. Now it keeps rebooting into Samsung's recovery and I can't get into Clockwork Recovery to try to nandroid restore. Would anyone know how I can reflash the update.zip to get Clockwork recovery working again? It seems that for some reason it's no longer on my internal memory so reinstalling packages isn't bringing it up.

bildo

Jan 13, 2009
Try this. It worked for me

1. Take out battery, put it back in. (to turn the phone fully off)
2. Don't turn it the phone on!
3. Plug the phone into your PC, do not hit the power button!
4. See if the phone shows anything on the screen (powers on its own when plugged in)

IF the phone screen does 'turn on' after being plugged in without you hitting the power button, so far so good.

5. Now while it's on like this, hold the volume up and volume down buttons.
6. Hold the power button as well as the volume buttons until the screen goes black.
7. As soon as the screen goes black, let go of the power button! But DON'T let go of the volume buttons!

This *should* get you into Download mode. After that you should be able to use Odin to revert to stock, tar and instructions here:

wookieloou

Nov 10, 2009
Restore with the Factory Rom first, this seems to be why some people are having FC, I like others have flashed the original ODIN that's posted in this thread... the only thing I can think of if the zImage differs in the original ( stock Shipped Rom ) vs. the stock rom that is Posted & mirrored in the Thread post here for it....

~Eugene

That's weird. I didn't mess with my ROM or Odin until I had this problem. I'm using the same zImage that came with the phone. Or are you saying people who flash the T959UVJFD via Odin are not having problems?

bildo

Jan 13, 2009
I too have had problems with installing this.

1st attempt. clockwork froze when doing the factory reset. So i used odin to go back to stock image. Then 2nd attempt. everything went fine, just it stuck at the boot screen.

Maybe I'm just impatient but I waited a while for it to boot and it never did....

Andrmgic

Jul 19, 2010
I'm getting the same problem.. if I format the system partition and then do a data wipe/factory reset and then install this rom, it won't boot. It's just stuck at the vibrant screen.

I had flashed to a euro firmware with Odin at one point (not a 2.2 one).. but I flashed back to the True Stock 2.1 firmware with ODIN and I still get this behavior.

qba86

May 30, 2010
Try this. It worked for me

1. Take out battery, put it back in. (to turn the phone fully off)
2. Don't turn it the phone on!
3. Plug the phone into your PC, do not hit the power button!
4. See if the phone shows anything on the screen (powers on its own when plugged in)

IF the phone screen does 'turn on' after being plugged in without you hitting the power button, so far so good.

5. Now while it's on like this, hold the volume up and volume down buttons.
6. Hold the power button as well as the volume buttons until the screen goes black.
7. As soon as the screen goes black, let go of the power button! But DON'T let go of the volume buttons!

This *should* get you into Download mode. After that you should be able to use Odin to revert to stock, tar and instructions here:

This worked great! Thanks!

Jamaican

Oct 7, 2007
flashed won't boot beyond "Vibrant" also, so I am trying to do odin with a few questions.

1: Should my phone go Blank during this process
2: roughly how long should the cache.rfs process take

vdub804

Sep 2, 2008
great rom it seems you are producing the most development on multiple devices around here can't wait for your cm6 port I know it's coming good work because I don't what the hell wes is doing you should be on the cyanogen team you got skillz my man

drewtang

Jun 29, 2010
Boise
flashed won't boot beyond "Vibrant" also, so I am trying to do odin with a few questions.

1: Should my phone go Blank during this process
2: roughly how long should the cache.rfs process take

I was having the same issue with odin, when it finally works the screen does not go blank, I just had to pull the battery and start the process over, took 5 or 6 times for it to work(going back to stock after getting stuck on the vibrant screen). The cache.rfs process is pretty quick, and you'll get a little blue status bar on the download screen when it takes properly. Hope that helps :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

voghan

Mar 24, 2010
So how long should it take for gps to find my location? Since installing this gps is not working at all.

voghan

Mar 24, 2010
Not my first android phone. Tried that already.

Turned on wifi, connected to my lan and now it works.

Jul 31, 2009
ok question has anyone got this working i tried it and when it booted i got noting but fc from the tc launcher but couldnt get it to work at all cause it kept force closing then tried a 2nd time and i couldnt get it past the vibrant screen and it took my over an hour to get my phone back on working and then restoring my backup files

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a reason why the calendar is jacked up now with the bar at the top?

Also, why are GPS and sync icons pixelated, as well as the notification bar being translucent. I guess I just don't see the improvement from vibrant 4 to vibrant 6... vibrant 6 seems like a big step back? I had none of these "glitches" in vibrant4.

Finally, is there a reason why a rom isn't released that INTEGRATES the most popular tweaks - aka GPS and LAG fix?

Please add an issue log to the original post to declutter this thread and help everyone out.

+1 on the calendar issue - I mentioned it before on this thread but it hasn't been answered conclusively.

As for the GPS and sync icons, there are several battery icon MODs going around that will also get you back to stock icons/status bar when applied. I used "Circular Battery Blue" and am happy with it, though I might swap it for the segmented version just based on appearance. Here is the one I used: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=756441

Alternate thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=759004

Screen shot below.
    Darn I guess ill give it a try. see if there are any signal improvements.

Any special instructions to flash the OCv4 kernel? Or is it just flash the init.d file then the kernel via clockwork?
    So I flashed this over custom rom like an idiot and it failed, rebooted and now I'm stuck on the samsung boot animation. Any suggestions other than restoring to nandroid backup? Thank you.

Restore to stock using odin...

So I flashed this over custom rom like an idiot and it failed, rebooted and now I'm stuck on the samsung boot animation. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Download Odin, the original rom for the vibrant put the phone in download mode and reflash it. Don't worry its really really really hard to brick the phone.
    hey guys I did the lagfix wrong by putting a different playlogo and userint file on the phone...is there a way for me to undo I and do it the right way?