[ROM][MTD] MIUI-V4 2.2.24 (Android 4.0.3) 2/26/12

Search This thread

tdwp16

Jun 2, 2011
I put the miui music on cm9 and it works great but the widget doesn't pop up?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

thabest85

Apr 3, 2011
N Las Vegas
Great work so far haven't had any major issues just a couple fc on the sprint VM gr8 job miui team :)

Edit : mms seems to not work am I the only one with this problem

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Last edited:

shiroimin

Feb 17, 2010
So just installed V4, and I love it. Just got a small problem, I need Gmail ^_^, so I went to Market but can't find the gmail app. So does anyone have the apk or direction where to get it? Thanks.

PS
All the developers that have put time and effort into this are amazing people. Thank you guys for everything.

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
So just installed V4, and I love it. Just got a small problem, I need Gmail ^_^, so I went to Market but can't find the gmail app. So does anyone have the apk or direction where to get it? Thanks.

PS
All the developers that have put time and effort into this are amazing people. Thank you guys for everything.

Install latest gapps... you can find on the cm9 thread

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

xBTx

Oct 19, 2011
I cleared all data and didn't install gapps and everything is smooth. My only complaint is that the battery bar option is gone. I'm bout to check out some kernels for oc, and uv.

sent from the other woman

Not gone, just not in the main settings app. In the notification drop down, on the toggles page, tap the 3 dots in the top right.

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
kennysvgp08 said:
I know I can't be the only one having difficulties, can some please give me a detailed explanation on how to get themes to work. Plus, CM9 kernels work right? Thank you so much to whoever answers :)

In data/system create a folder with root explorer called themes and put your themes in theme folder. They should work then. And yes, cm9 kernels work.
Also, reboot after applying a theme for it to take correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoSeriouS

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
had theme issues.. came here and checked the OP,
created the folder using root explorer.. wasnt sure about the permissions, but i left them.... and profit. thank you guys so effing much...

suggestion tho, include some instructions in the op... im pretty sure we need gapps with this. but please for the sake of others *****ing, include whether we need gapps and how to flash properly

i had some issues flashing over cm9 so i did a fresh install
You need them if you want speech to text working. Otherwise the included ones work

ksmullins88

Dec 16, 2010
Detroit, MI
You need them if you want speech to text working. Otherwise the included ones work

Is there an issue with the themes not theming everything? Or is there special permissions I need to set to that folder I made? Everytime I apply a theme its like bits and pieces... pulldown, dialer, various things remain unthemed

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
Is there an issue with the themes not theming everything? Or is there special permissions I need to set to that folder I made? Everytime I apply a theme its like bits and pieces... pulldown, dialer, various things remain unthemed

Reboot after applying. Upstream bug.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

lonnie23

Jan 1, 2010
anybody going to make a kernel ? Need voodoo sound . . /:

Edit : Seen somewhere that CM9 kernels work . Thanks

Last edited:

darkierawr

Feb 2, 2011
Also guys, DSPManager WILL work with MIUI V4. I've attached some convienient zips with the files.

One has DSPManager by itself, the other has it and CM9 Music.

Flash in CWM

You have to go into Settings and then to sound and change MusicFX to DSPManager.

Attachments

• DSP-Manager.zip
    278.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSP-Manage+Music-ICS-CM9K.zip
    906.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: ac16313

b16flybye

Sep 4, 2011
Twin Cities
This doesn't seem to be working coming from cm9. Wiped everything and got boot looped. May have to odin to EL30 first? Anyone else have trouble?

txtmikhail

Oct 5, 2010
Virginia,USA
My problem is themes.. I can get my homescreen to theme but that's it.. nothing else themes.. I rebooted and still nothing.. I changed the theme and still only the homescreen..

sent from epic 4g (miui 4v)

MoSeriouS

Feb 27, 2011
Columbus
This doesn't seem to be working coming from cm9. Wiped everything and got boot looped. May have to odin to EL30 first? Anyone else have trouble?

No, I came from CM9 and everything booted up just fine. I probably didn't have to but I wiped data, cache and dalvik then went into "mounts and storage" and formatted system, data and cache before I flashed MIUI... I then installed the latest gapps (link here)(you want the gapps named 20120224 for CM9, at least that's what I used), and I was nice from there... Try that. Also, I installed Shuiken 1.6 and haven't noticed any ill effects aside from green screen when the screen dims, but I just use voodoo color to fix dat ya dig......

bit1

Jul 28, 2008
anybody going to make a kernel ? Need voodoo sound . . /:

Edit : Seen somewhere that CM9 kernels work . Thanks

Don't forget that you can buy Voodoo Sound Plus if you really need Voodoo Sound and you can just add Voodoo sound to any kernel yourself and support the author. $3.50 one time charge isn't bad for a program you really love

Death259

Nov 15, 2010
I'm sure this is hidden somewhere and i just cant find it... When i create a folder how do i change the way it is sorted? I used to be able to sort all of my folders alphabetically, but I don't see that option any more. Anyone else know where this is?

mrcollpepper

Dec 21, 2011
tacoma
i have the gaps from cm9 alpha 1. has it changed since then? ready to switch up and just want all the right stuff before i do. Thanks in advance.

dsalman

Feb 7, 2011
Generic Audio Drivers

Does MIUI use the same generic audio drivers that CM7/9 uses which sometimes causes the feedback issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nWjmu.png

The Epic MIUI Port Team Presents
    MIUI ICS v4
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Alpha 1

Warning adverted. 911 confirmed working!

Join us and watch the team work through bugs and see updates happening right in front of your eyes!
    MIUI Google Doc

Current Version: 2.2.24
    Download (please read the entire OP): http://miuiandroid.com/community/th...-v4-ics-alpha2-almost-everything-works.15621/

If you use a kernel, mod, or theme that is not included in this ROM, do not come to this thread to complain. Once you flash a mod, kernel, or theme, you are no longer using the MIUI v4 port bu Epic4GPortTeam

What Doesn't Work
    WiMax "4g"
    Themes if you don't create /data/system/theme/ (it should be fixed by default, but some need to do this fix)
    USB storage
    Occasional force closes (upstream)
    Sometimes sd is mean (read the fix below)

What Does Work
    Phone service (Fascinate MIUI porters & Epic CM team & darkierawr & marcusant)
    Physical keyboard and software keyboard (G2 MIUI devs & marcusant & xboxfanj & xBTx & CM team & Aluminous)
    Accelerometer (Epic CM team)
    Multi touch (Epic CM team)
    GPS (Epic CM team)
    SMS and MMS (darkierawr)
    Camera (Epic CM team)
    Video recording (Epic CM team)
    Everything else I forgot (Epic CM team, Samsung, Google, MIUI team, Nexus S MIUI porters, Fascinate MIUI porters, xboxfanj, marcusant, darkierawr, xBTx, etc.)

What Is Untested
    Small things here and there

If you find a bug, please run "adb logcat > logcat.txt" and attach the logcat with a detailed explanation on how to reproduce the bug in question.

DO NOT ASK ABOUT 4G

How to fix some problems that are reported (try these before reporting a bug)
    Code:
    Settings > Wireless & Networks > More... > Mobile Networks > System Select > Automatic
    Code:
    Dev Tools > Media Provider > Scan SD card

Thank you everyone for your hard work and patience

samurai kernel is up for Miui.v4 on the iap website...

Link: IAP website
    Yoink. Good work all!
    :p
    School takes up most of my day. Update eventually. Most likely today later on.

Sent from my AOKP/MIUI Epic 4G. I am an überkanger and proud!