[ROM][4.2.2][7/21] AOKP :: jb-mr1 :: milestone-2 :: evita [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

pinny.b

Jan 1, 2013
Althougt we have many Rom base on Android Original here, but I feel no one smooth more than AOKP. looking update version soon.
I have a bug. When i take phone out of my trouser pocket, sometime the screen not response my touch. nothing response unless I hold power to reset phone. Dont know what's happended.

Hi dktblade, are you running a custom kernel? I get this a lot too, but only when running a custom kernel (rohan b7 or test C, and I read some people have the problem with Jacob kernels). Try going back to a stock kernel and the screen freezes should stop.

Thanks,
Pinny

Reactions: dktblade

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
AndroTransfer is probably down for good, looks like the owner doesn't want to have it running anymore, for whatever reason.

AOKP is looking for a new mirror, so we should have a new one soon. We know goo has gotten pretty slow due to the heavy traffic they get hit with nowadays.

Also, thanks for reporting the booting issues, I haven't had the time to flash a nightly in a while, been busy with some school extra curricular projects ;) I'll get to the bottom of it ASAP, but if you value your phone, don't try and flash a new nightly until I post back saying they should be good to go.

Thanks for being patient!

dktblade

Oct 27, 2009
Hi dktblade, are you running a custom kernel? I get this a lot too, but only when running a custom kernel (rohan b7 or test C, and I read some people have the problem with Jacob kernels). Try going back to a stock kernel and the screen freezes should stop.

Thanks,
Pinny

yes, I installed Kernel Rohan test and met that problem. Stock kernel also is good and smooth, but doesn't have S2W. I love this function when using HTC, very convernient.
Do you know which Kernel have S2W and stable for this rom?

critofur

Jan 21, 2011
NYC/Tokyo
Something I brought over to AOKP is Permissions Management on a Per-App basis; check it out in today's nightly! It can be found in Settings -> Permissions

Other than basic functionality such as the Phone, WiFi, and Data working properly that is perhaps the single most important feature that should not be missing from any ROM worthy of consideration!

Thank you! :good: :highfive:

pinny.b

Jan 1, 2013
Hi dktblade,

I know just what you mean. I also love AOKP and s2w. Unfortunately, I have not had success using any custom kernels on any AOKP based rom. Within a day of installing, I always run in to the problem of the screen randomly not accepting touch presses until I reboot.

That said, it seems to work fine with non-aokp roms. For example, rohan test C works nicely with Cm 10.1. Using this setup, I have not had any screen unresponsiveness.

Hope that helps,
Pinny

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: dktblade

dktblade

Oct 27, 2009
Sorry, how can we solve boot prolem of recently nightly version? flash new boot of these one?

erethangbagel

Dec 21, 2012
I'm thinking about trying this ROM. Currently on CM10.1. Does anybody experience the navigation issues (crashes when in 3d mode, phone gets very hot when GPS is used) that have been seen on CM? Also, not too farmiliar with this ROM, but one of my favorite things on CM is to mark a text as "read" in the notifications. Is that something this ROM does too? Sorry if I'm repeating. I searched and didn't find anything.

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
Rohan are you using your test c kernel with 5/30

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

No, I'm not, it has not been updated in ages.
I plan on releasing a final 3.0.x version soon before we jump ship to 3.4.x

I'm thinking about trying this ROM. Currently on CM10.1. Does anybody experience the navigation issues (crashes when in 3d mode, phone gets very hot when GPS is used) that have been seen on CM? Also, not too farmiliar with this ROM, but one of my favorite things on CM is to mark a text as "read" in the notifications. Is that something this ROM does too? Sorry if I'm repeating. I searched and didn't find anything.

Not sure about the first thing since I don't use navigation, but the second option is present in AOKP

dustinhayes93

Nov 20, 2010
Really liking AOKP lately. So much smoother than other aosp ROMs for me. Can't wait for AOKP and 3.4

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
    83.png
    [/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Device: evita (HTC One XL)[/font]

81.png
    [/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]» Installation is simple:[/font]
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    • Reboot
    78.png
    [/font]

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png
    [/font]

builds[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: [/font]http://aokp.co/devices/evita
    gapps[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: [/font]http://goo.im/gapps/...0301-signed.zip[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] - b7e53e96e1c8b1a1c4865bf29418c8e0[/font]

82.png
    [/font]

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » SOURCE on AOKP.co

79.png
    [/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.[/font]
    » Donation options on AOKP.co

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Enjoy![/font][font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font]
    Some more good news coming off the S-OFF from yesterday; we just got merged into AOKP's source! :) So next Build 4 will be official from aokp.co!
    Regarding the 3.4 kernel

Another person on these forums felt it was necessary to post the 3.4 kernel the entire CM team has been working on for the past 2-3 months.

I wasn't trying to post 3.4 kernel builds here because it isn't ready yet. I wanted to avoid the mass influx of "ZOMG WEN R TEH 3.4 KERNELZ COMING?!?!" PMs which were already coming at a pretty fast rate. Looks like that won't be happening though.

That person also neglected to post information as per whose work it was, which angers me a lot. That's a different story for a different time, however.

Regarding the 3.4 kernel in AOKP and CyanogenMod; I won't be posting builds here for you guys to use with 3.4 until its "ready". It isn't released yet by one of the people working on it or myself because we feel like it isn't ready. Lots of issues under the hood of the kernel aren't working properly, which leads to a very poor user experience. I promise you that at the moment, the 3.4 kernel could not be your daily driver. Please do not PM or message me in IRC about posting AOKP or CM builds with the 3.4 kernel. Like I said, there is a reason they have not been posted yet.

You want to use the 3.4 kernel? Fine by me, go ahead and use it. But please, don't come crying to myself or a CM dev about how XXX isn't working. It wasn't released by us for a reason.

I assure you that the CM team is pushing hard for the 3.4 kernel. That's the main priority right now, since getting to 3.4 will be a huge accomplishment. Just sit tight and please don't bug me, h8rift, or any other CM dev about when 3.4 will be ready.

Thanks,
    Rohan

EDIT: Also, note: DO NOT under any circumstances try to use that 3.4 kernel with another ROM. It will most probably brick your device since the headers are not updated for these ROMs to work with the 3.4 kernel. Yet another reason why I wasn't posting 3.4 builds.
    Don't worry... you guys will be getting 4.3 AOKP very soon, as soon as AOKP stabilizes its 4.3 source :)

I was focusing on CM since they had their ROM up and running first so that I could focus on hardware functionality. AOKP is next :) I'll be trying to help bringup features and stuff to 4.3 and then we should be seeing the first few 4.3 builds quite soon.
    Evita is now up!

Grab it officially from http://aokp.co/release-jb-mr1-build-4/

Enjoy!