Root,Unroot,Roms,CWM,Stock,Hotspot, + Tips! [Over 25+!] [Mac + Windows!]11/18/12

Search This thread

windcan

Sep 24, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Wind mobile which model

Hello, I am looking to root and unlock bootloader of my wife's phone so I can get her 4.2, however, I am not sure which phone model is hers.
I am using the toolkit 7.8.
She got her phone from Wind Mobile.
I believe her phone is version "7" (Yakju-Maguro JRO03C) based on her currently being on 4.1.1 as well as the build number starting with JRO03C but then having a series of numbers and letters following this.

If you could also help me with which image to get to put 4.2 that would be great.
I am thinking it should be the "yakju" based on the Canadian Wind Mobile model?
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Thanks for your confirmation and any help you can provide.

TheMysteriousOne

Sep 23, 2012
Hello, I am looking to root and unlock bootloader of my wife's phone so I can get her 4.2, however, I am not sure which phone model is hers.
I am using the toolkit 7.8.
She got her phone from Wind Mobile.
I believe her phone is version "7" (Yakju-Maguro JRO03C) based on her currently being on 4.1.1 as well as the build number starting with JRO03C but then having a series of numbers and letters following this.

If you could also help me with which image to get to put 4.2 that would be great.
I am thinking it should be the "yakju" based on the Canadian Wind Mobile model?
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Thanks for your confirmation and any help you can provide.

As long as her phone is GSM, you can flash either the yakju or takju image, it doesn't matter. It's your choice.
You don't have to flash the image depending upon the current build.

If you still want to know the the firmware, have a look at this thread.

HOW CAN I TELL WHICH FIRMWARE I HAVE ON MY DEVICE
Using any file manager app, go into your /system folder and open the file called "build.prop". Find the line that starts with ro.product.name. Whatever comes after the equals sign (=), that's the firmware you have.

Reactions: windcan

windcan

Sep 24, 2010
Vancouver, BC
As long as her phone is GSM, you can flash either the yakju or takju image, it doesn't matter. It's your choice.
You don't have to flash the image depending upon the current build.

If you still want to know the the firmware, have a look at this thread.

I am not rooted yet though so I cannot confirm the version.
I suppose I will go through the process of installing drivers and rooting and hope I pick the right one?

Jun 15, 2012
i am watching your guide or tutorial " How to Restore Galaxy Nexus i9250 to Stock Ice Cream Sandwich [GSM] " .. is it appropriate if i want to bring back 4.1.1 to stock firmware in galaxy nexus ? or will it require some other tutorial .. please guide .
i want to downgrade 4.1.1 to Galaxy nexus stock firmware

aaloksapra

Jul 18, 2012
New Delhi
AK47

thanx for great guides , I flashed AK47 Rom & it went through fine the only trouble i am having is that the quick settings tile is not working , can anyone pls help me with that .

Cheers

techfanatic9

Mar 31, 2012
Vernon Hills, IL
www.androidrootz.com
i am watching your guide or tutorial " How to Restore Galaxy Nexus i9250 to Stock Ice Cream Sandwich [GSM] " .. is it appropriate if i want to bring back 4.1.1 to stock firmware in galaxy nexus ? or will it require some other tutorial .. please guide .
i want to downgrade 4.1.1 to Galaxy nexus stock firmware

Nope that guide will still work.

dougbloch

Oct 23, 2010
Problems unrooting, restoring, and locking my phone

Hello,

I love your web site. It is the best guide to taking the full advantage of Android phones, IMO. However, I have a problem and need your help.

I ran your one-click script to unroot and restore my phone (VZW Galaxy Nexus) to 4.22 . It simply locked the phone but didn't unroot or restore it. When I power up into the bootloader it says I'm locked, but I still have root access and the custom ROM I installed. I need to revert to stock, unroot, and lock the bootloader so I can return the phone. Please help!

My guess is I can't flash the stock ROM and unroot the phone while the bootloader is locked. So what happens if I unlock the bootloader now? I'm not sure there is any stock ROM on my phone for it to go to after it resets everything in the process.

Thanks

cupfulloflol

Feb 27, 2010
hi, i just want to know if you can flash synergy rom on samsung galaxy nexus ?

Not sure what ROM that is, but if it isn't made for our device then no. You would need to port it. If whatever it is, isn't open source (Sense UI, Touchwiz....etc), then it probably won't be able to be ported.

Mortal Eternity

Nov 23, 2012
Karachi
hi,

Lost imei number while updating the phone... now the sim card is not working... can any one please help me!?

how to restore imei number...?

geoffalldred

Aug 18, 2013
Richmond
Wugfresh NRToolkit ????'s

Hey guys, might be a noob question or not. but i cant post to other forums and looked and looked for a relating forum in general and q&a. OKay: if i want to ONLY root with Wugfresh's NRT and NOT flash customer recovery, #1, can i still flash the customer recovery with the NRT and #2 if i didnt flash the customer recovery could i still use the NRT flash stock and unroot button to go back??

Top Liked Posts