[Q] downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 sm-n900w8

Search This thread

abbly

May 5, 2014
hi guys
i was wondering if anyone can help with downgrading from 4.4.2 kit kat to 4.3 jelly bean on my Canadian SM-N900W8 with Rogers.
I accidentally upgraded and want to return to the pervious 4.3. Ive researched a long time and ive read that once you upgrade you cannot downgrade back to jelly bean. Ive also read another post on here that said with Canadian Sm-N900W8 if you download the Mexican 4.4.2 and flash it via odin that you can return to 4.3. Can anyone confirm this and provide me instructions.
Ive downloaded the PIT, BL, and AP for the mexican 4.4.2 and it says to use the CSC AND modem from the stock rogers 4.3.... i have the N900W8VLUCNB7_N900W8OYACNB7_RWC.zip but i dont how how to use the csc and modem from it?
Any help with returning me to 4.3 would be appreciated.

re: downgrade

hi guys
i was wondering if anyone can help with downgrading from 4.4.2 kit kat to 4.3 jelly bean on my Canadian SM-N900W8 with Rogers.
I accidentally upgraded and want to return to the pervious 4.3. Ive researched a long time and ive read that once you upgrade you cannot downgrade back to jelly bean. Ive also read another post on here that said with Canadian Sm-N900W8 if you download the Mexican 4.4.2 and flash it via odin that you can return to 4.3. Can anyone confirm this and provide me instructions.
Ive downloaded the PIT, BL, and AP for the mexican 4.4.2 and it says to use the CSC AND modem from the stock rogers 4.3.... i have the N900W8VLUCNB7_N900W8OYACNB7_RWC.zip but i dont how how to use the csc and modem from it?

Sorry to say but you cannot downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 rom/firmware.
You will be able to upgrade if and when a newer version of the firmware
is released.

Good luck!

Reactions: insaf_mohd

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
If you upgraded to the Mexican 4.4.2 from 4.3 then you can downgrade back to 4.3. But since you upgraded to the newly released NB7 I believe you're stuck there as Samsung patched the bootloader already for the N900W8.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    re: downgrade

hi guys

Sorry to say but you cannot downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 rom/firmware.
    You will be able to upgrade if and when a newer version of the firmware
    is released.

Good luck!