[Q] Simple dimple

Search This thread
V

varun12

Can someone post steps on updating SE Arc to the latest 2 August Update.

I'm with rogers right now and have a Rooted phone with

Build - 3.0.1.A.0.145

Kernal Version- 2.6.32.9-perf Semcuser@semchost#1

I also believe that if I update my root will be lost, is that true ?

If I update will I loose my data too?

Updating through flash tool and all what does that mean ?

What is pre-rooted kernal ?

Thanks in Advance

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
Can someone post steps on updating SE Arc to the latest 2 August Update.

I'm with rogers right now and have a Rooted phone with

Build - 3.0.1.A.0.145

Kernal Version- 2.6.32.9-perf Semcuser@semchost#1

I also believe that if I update my root will be lost, is that true ?

If I update will I loose my data too?

Updating through flash tool and all what does that mean ?

What is pre-rooted kernal ?

Thanks in Advance

1. TRUE
2. YES
3. Bcoz flashtool is the only one way to flash this new fw, we just have ftf file at the moment.
4. pre-rooted kernel give u root permission so that you don't have to wait for the rooted firmware image (.img file)

V

varun12

1. TRUE
2. YES
3. Bcoz flashtool is the only one way to flash this new fw, we just have ftf file at the moment.
4. pre-rooted kernel give u root permission so that you don't have to wait for the rooted firmware image (.img file)

So in the Development section we have a pre-rooted kernal with the new update, does it mean if we update it to that kernal we not only get a new kernal but also will have an updated firmware with superuser ?

Or it's just a kernal that's compatible with the new 4.0 firmware update ?

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
So in the Development section we have a pre-rooted kernal with the new update, does it mean if we update it to that kernal we not only get a new kernal but also will have an updated firmware with superuser ?

You partly right, this prerooted kernel (DoomLoRD kernel, correct me if i'm wrong) is based on the kernel of new firmware 4.0.A.2.368, so theoretically, you can use the lastest firmware with root permission based on this kernel :)

BluechipJ

Jun 27, 2009
Toronto

A 2nd kernel has been posted because Doomlord's has issues with CPU speed: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1202479
You partly right, this prerooted kernel (DoomLoRD kernel, correct me if i'm wrong) is based on the kernel of new firmware 4.0.A.2.368, so theoretically, you can use the lastest firmware with root permission based on this kernel :)
As for rooting, OP can't install a pre-rooted (insecure/rootable) kernel because OP can't unlock the bootloader because OP has a carrier-branded arc. Therefore OP will not be able to have 4.0.A.2.368 rooted (yet).

Installation video: