[MOD] RTL support ( Arabic, Persian, Hebrew ..etc) for Kindle Fire

Search This thread

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
attachment.php

Right To Left languages support

*Root is needed!
*this thing works on Windows and you need java
*It works on 6.1/6.2/6.2.1/6.2.2 kindle fire firmware [DON'T Ever try to change fonts you will stuck in bootloops]

NOTE:
Make libandroid_runtime.so the last file to replace.
the kindle will reboot and will stuck on Kinlde Fire boot screen, presss the power button for 20 seconds to turn it off, and then turn it on
give it some time and *viola!* the lockscreen will appear and you are ready to go :) .

Simplified steps:

*Download Madmack RTL Patacher HERE, then extract the files, you will see some subfolders and files what you need to remember is input and output subfolders and command.exe for later use.

*Go to your kindle open Root Explorer [or any app can do the same] and copy these files from your kindle to your pc
/system/framework/framework.jar
/system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so
/system/lib/libwebcore.so

*move these files to input subfolder , and then run commands.exe DO NOT close the black cmd screens that will pop up, wait till its finish, once its done you will find these files in the output subfolder
framework.jar
lib__bcore.so
libandroid_runtime.so
libicuuc-arabic.so
libwebcore.so

*move them to your kindle and replace the original files with the files you generated
framework.jar to /system/framework/
lib__bcore.so to /system/lib/
libandroid_runtime.so to /system/lib/
libicuuc-arabic.so to /system/lib/
libwebcore.so to /system/lib/

when you paste libandroid_runtime.so to its path /system/lib/ the device will reboot as there is something wrong "don't panic" after you move all the files and the reboot now your device support RTL languages, in twitter, browser, gmail .. etc.

screenshot:
RTL works on 6.1 Firmware
attachment.php

RTL works on 6.2 Firmware
attachment.php

RTL works on 6.2.1 Firmware ( thanks to faisal400 )
picture.php

picture.php

all credits goes to Madmack
here is his blog for more info and further question
http://blog.devasque.com/?page_id=11

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
I'M NO LONGER SUPPORTING THIS THREAD AS I'M USING A CM ROM WHICH SUPPORT RTL LANGUAGE BY DEFAULT.

Attachments

• rtl.jpg
    rtl.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 23,329
  • 45995157g2.jpg
    45995157g2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 27,447
  • 461391997.jpg
    461391997.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 23,558
Last edited:

sword2000eg

Jan 10, 2010
Not Working :(

First thanks for your support, but I stucked in the kindle fire bootscreen and I forced to replace the backup framework and lib files again inorder to boot the device again, do u have any idea how to solve this problem, although my device is rooted

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
First thanks for your support, but I stucked in the kindle fire bootscreen and I forced to replace the backup framework and lib files again inorder to boot the device again, do u have any idea how to solve this problem, although my device is rooted

make sure you do all the steps correctly,
first replace the generated framework.jar before other files in /lib folder
let libandroid_runtime.so file to be the last one to be placed and it will suddenly reboot
give it some time after booting and it will work inshallah :)

buhind

Dec 5, 2011
Thanks that was really helpful, Im on 6.2 and it can read arabic perfectly now but i dont have the arabic keyboard the one you posted in the first pic i dont know if im missing somthing here.

i also want to ask you how did you change the font as its shown in the second pic which is taken from kooora.

thanks again and i hope i hear from you soon

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
Thanks that was really helpful, Im on 6.2 and it can read arabic perfectly now but i dont have the arabic keyboard the one you posted in the first pic i dont know if im missing somthing here.

i also want to ask you how did you change the font as its shown in the second pic which is taken from kooora.

thanks again and i hope i hear from you soon

for the keyboard look in the market for ICS keyboard ( Arabic included )
don't try to change the fonts like I did .. i stucked in endless bootloops for days till i figure it out how to fix it!

buhind

Dec 5, 2011
Salam brother .. thanks for your reply

I went to the market and downloaded ics keyboard but the problem is i couldn't enable it .. when i go to the settings and i hit enable ics keyboard a small window pop up with 2 steps .. step 1: enable ics key board .. step 2 : switch to ics keyboard

when i hit step one i get a messege says it will never collect information ect then i hit ok it transfer me to the kindle keyboard settings which doesn't have anything related to ics keyboard then i hit back and press on step 2 to switch to ics keyboard but i have one option to choose only and that is kindle keyboard please help

buhind

Dec 5, 2011
thank you it works perfectly now .. it was forcing me to close at first till i copied the file in data/data........../lib to system/lib and now its so perfect thanks again bro

Husam2011

Mar 30, 2011
Thanks, my ''older'' cousin bought one of these and he asked me to make it read arabic. Now i won't have to search, thanks.

Husam2011

Mar 30, 2011
Well, i did exactly what you said but looks like your order arent good? My kindle fire is stuck at Kindle Fire screen after rebooting to apply changes (moved libicuuc-arabic.so to /system/lib/
libwebcore.so to /system/lib/)
That is after it rebooted for the libandroid_runtime.so
i did the opposite of if yout are on 6.2 firmware, make libandroid_runtime.so last file to replace.

Last edited:

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
Well, i did exactly what you said but looks like your order arent good? My kindle fire is stuck at Kindle Fire screen after rebooting to apply changes (moved libicuuc-arabic.so to /system/lib/
libwebcore.so to /system/lib/)
That is after it rebooted for the libandroid_runtime.so
i did the opposite of if yout are on 6.2 firmware, make libandroid_runtime.so last file to replace.

I don't get you! the way doesn't work for you or what?

Husam2011

Mar 30, 2011
Nop, i got stuck in kindle fire logo :(
You should make the note in red!

Last edited:

Husam2011

Mar 30, 2011
I know they do, dude you need to learn English lol, you never got what i ment. I got it fixed anyways and ill do this again today.

Mehrdad201

Dec 24, 2009
Thanks a lot Azdian

with your patch, can we see also persian websites ? or have a persian keyboard?

I say this because persian has some special characters (گ چ پ ژ) that arabic doen't have them.

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
Thanks a lot Azdian

with your patch, can we see also persian websites ? or have a persian keyboard?

I say this because persian has some special characters (گ چ پ ژ) that arabic doen't have them.

the RTL patcher doesn't add a new keyboard or adds rtl languages to the stock keyboard
and yeah the patcher will make your kindle read persian ;)
for persian keyboard side download and other keyboard ( try ICS keyboard )

Mehrdad201

Dec 24, 2009
Thanks Azdian

for the keyboard, I think we can Install spb keyboard. It supports arabic and persian

=============================
another question
Image that I have performed your patch on my kindle,

If I do hard reset, the system restores to the basic version that does not support RTL

right ?

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
Thanks Azdian

for the keyboard, I think we can Install spb keyboard. It supports arabic and persian

=============================
another question
Image that I have performed your patch on my kindle,

If I do hard reset, the system restores to the basic version that does not support RTL

right ?

by hard reset you mean pressing the power button for 20sec ? no your device will still support RTL, until Amazon push a new update like 6.3 or so.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Right To Left languages support

*Root is needed!
    *this thing works on Windows and you need java
    *It works on 6.1/6.2/6.2.1/6.2.2 kindle fire firmware [DON'T Ever try to change fonts you will stuck in bootloops]

NOTE:
    Make libandroid_runtime.so the last file to replace.
    the kindle will reboot and will stuck on Kinlde Fire boot screen, presss the power button for 20 seconds to turn it off, and then turn it on
    give it some time and *viola!* the lockscreen will appear and you are ready to go :) .

Simplified steps:

*Download Madmack RTL Patacher HERE, then extract the files, you will see some subfolders and files what you need to remember is input and output subfolders and command.exe for later use.

*Go to your kindle open Root Explorer [or any app can do the same] and copy these files from your kindle to your pc
    /system/framework/framework.jar
    /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so
    /system/lib/libwebcore.so

*move these files to input subfolder , and then run commands.exe DO NOT close the black cmd screens that will pop up, wait till its finish, once its done you will find these files in the output subfolder
    framework.jar
    lib__bcore.so
    libandroid_runtime.so
    libicuuc-arabic.so
    libwebcore.so

*move them to your kindle and replace the original files with the files you generated
    framework.jar to /system/framework/
    lib__bcore.so to /system/lib/
    libandroid_runtime.so to /system/lib/
    libicuuc-arabic.so to /system/lib/
    libwebcore.so to /system/lib/

when you paste libandroid_runtime.so to its path /system/lib/ the device will reboot as there is something wrong "don't panic" after you move all the files and the reboot now your device support RTL languages, in twitter, browser, gmail .. etc.

screenshot:
    RTL works on 6.1 Firmware
    attachment.php

RTL works on 6.2 Firmware
    attachment.php

RTL works on 6.2.1 Firmware ( thanks to faisal400 )
    picture.php

picture.php

all credits goes to Madmack
    here is his blog for more info and further question
    http://blog.devasque.com/?page_id=11

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
    I'M NO LONGER SUPPORTING THIS THREAD AS I'M USING A CM ROM WHICH SUPPORT RTL LANGUAGE BY DEFAULT.

make sure you do all the steps correctly,
    first replace the generated framework.jar before other files in /lib folder
    let libandroid_runtime.so file to be the last one to be placed and it will suddenly reboot
    give it some time after booting and it will work inshallah :)
    Azdian,
    Thanks for the effort. I did the steps and my KF supported RTL very well but, in couple of hours it got updated to 6.3 and everything was reset! Does this patch support 6.3 too?

Thanks

YES! And hopefully in all future updates until unrootable.
    Nop, i got stuck in kindle fire logo :(
    You should make the note in red!

You should read! all steps works fine .. have you replaced any fonts? or didn't replace all the generated files ?
    if your device refuse to work just unbrick .. follow the unbrick guide here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1356257
    Hi
    I tried it on 2.6, Kindle fire crashed (not restarted) when I copied the runtime file ( I copied it last). My kindle fire was bricked.
    I recovered my brick and installed 2.6.1 and tried again. this time without the runtime. when I rebooted I got stuck on the kindle fire logo, again, another brick. I was able to reinstall 2.6.1.

re-do the steps correctly .. it does work
    I'v just patched my KF with 6.2.1 firmware and its works fine