[Q] Mtp / usb mass storage support?

Search This thread

bulletbeef

Apr 9, 2013
I'm currently on the latest nightly for s2 i777 i update every day how ever the mtp file transfer over usb constantly disconnects/ freezes randomly it also freezes during file transfers especially for large files like movies and flash-able zip files. i can see the space available but when it is opened it shows up empty, slow loading times and windows gives time out and other failure errors.

Q1. can it be fixed or is one already on the way?
Q2. can the usb mass storage mode be included in the ROM to allow switching between mass storage mtp or ptp?

Much appreciated. Great work omni team.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I'm currently on the latest nightly for s2 i777 i update every day how ever the mtp file transfer over usb constantly disconnects/ freezes randomly it also freezes during file transfers especially for large files like movies and flash-able zip files. i can see the space available but when it is opened it shows up empty, slow loading times and windows gives time out and other failure errors.

Q2. can the usb mass storage mode be included in the ROM to allow switching between mass storage mtp or ptp?

Actually I haven't yet gotten around to killing UMS with fire.

This is the first time I've seen reports of issues other than speed with MTP, although some of those issues may be related to the whole fuse sdcard daemon mess.

In short: UMS is going to get completely removed because it's been bugridden ****e for a long time. It's been deprecated since ICS. If MTP has issues I'll try and reproduce/look at them but honestly, the Exynos 4210 devices are on minimal life support these days.

Do you have issues if you use ADB push/pull to transfer files?

Reactions: [AltaiR]

bulletbeef

Apr 9, 2013
I haven't been able to do it manually but adb based software like android commander doesn't detect the phone on PC even tho debugging is enabled and it appears in device manager. Will try and respond later tonight. Can I ask tho as to y the exynos devices aren't receiving much love from the community. The i777 in particular because I kno that the ROMs are similar to the i9100 except the kernel and the modem.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I haven't been able to do it manually but adb based software like android commander doesn't detect the phone on PC even tho debugging is enabled and it appears in device manager. Will try and respond later tonight. Can I ask tho as to y the exynos devices aren't receiving much love from the community. The i777 in particular because I kno that the ROMs are similar to the i9100 except the kernel and the modem.

In short - Exynos4 is a nightmare for maintainers to work with.
http://blog.gsmarena.com/want-to-install-custom-roms-dont-buy-exynos-phones/

https://plus.google.com/101093310520661581786/posts/cdPnNjLAb4F

i777 and i9100 will never differ by more than a few days in terms of support. In fact 90% of the work done on i9100 is actually done on an i777.

(to be honest, nearly all of the Exynos 4210 work is done on GT-N7000 devices these days... but all of the differences between the three devices in the 4210 family are well handled)

bulletbeef

Apr 9, 2013
adb

This is the first time I've seen reports of issues other than speed with MTP, although some of those issues may be related to the whole fuse sdcard daemon mess.

In short: UMS is going to get completely removed because it's been bugridden ****e for a long time. It's been deprecated since ICS. If MTP has issues I'll try and reproduce/look at them but honestly, the Exynos 4210 devices are on minimal life support these days.

i tried the manual adb. the adb shell is non-responsive to my device. tried other devices it worked changed pc changed drivers still no response for i777.

bulletbeef

Apr 9, 2013
adb

My apologies adb is indeed working. Just had to revoke all permissions and the device no displays the popup to accept the connection. and there has been improvements on the mtp since the last nightly thank you very much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In short - Exynos4 is a nightmare for maintainers to work with.
    http://blog.gsmarena.com/want-to-install-custom-roms-dont-buy-exynos-phones/

https://plus.google.com/101093310520661581786/posts/cdPnNjLAb4F

i777 and i9100 will never differ by more than a few days in terms of support. In fact 90% of the work done on i9100 is actually done on an i777.

(to be honest, nearly all of the Exynos 4210 work is done on GT-N7000 devices these days... but all of the differences between the three devices in the 4210 family are well handled)