RAM terrible usage

Search This thread

balpreetsaini

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Android utilize ram differently then most systems. Isn't free ram wasted ram in this case.

What I have been told is that the Android OS loads apps into memory as a way to speed up processing and increase battery life and automatically empties this ram when more ram is needed. This is done to optimize performance and battery life.

So even if you might not use a certain app, its still left in memory incase u do use it and to avoid random increases in processing power decreasing overall battery life.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

taysrat

Oct 16, 2013
what happen with the ram usage ? Is so normally .
Remember , android os system is a multitasking os.
So when you close the program it not totally close , still running in background .

Reactions: 3mmar3d

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Android utilize ram differently then most systems. Isn't free ram wasted ram in this case.

What I have been told is that the Android OS loads apps into memory as a way to speed up processing and increase battery life and automatically empties this ram when more ram is needed. This is done to optimize performance and battery life.

So even if you might not use a certain app, its still left in memory incase u do use it and to avoid random increases in processing power decreasing overall battery life.

Yes, Android manages memory different way and it's stupid way to put it mildly. Unless I manually go and kill useless applications, they take up memory and many of those apps I never used and never ever will. And no matter what anybody tells you it takes time to clear memory for new programs to load and defragment it. Primary reason I had to root my phone to fix this idiocy and freeze or delete all the bloat since I was tired to force stop dozens of apps after each reboot. I won't even go into all other issues like when those programs run in the background wasting battery, use internet, or wake the phone from deep sleep.
And how on Earth loading and running never used apps in background optimizes performance and battery life?
Part of the reason they do that is "just in time" compilation, another stupid idea, which they just tried to fix in KK.
Just like others suggested OP could root and freeze/delete all the garbage he doesn't use and surprise, surprise the phone will run faster and battery will last longer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Replace Touchwiz with Apex or Nova launcher, and kill as much bloatware as possible.

Touchwiz alone is 600MB.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
    You're RAM usage is perfectly fine
    what happen with the ram usage ? Is so normally .
    Remember , android os system is a multitasking os.
    So when you close the program it not totally close , still running in background .