[ROM]8/29 MIUI ES 2.3.5.1 Android 2.3.5, v.01(MIUI Camera working)

Search This thread

rubbachicken

Jul 2, 2008
Bend
www.muddyprojects.com
Changelog -
v.01
-Removed: Torch.
-Installation: shortened ascii on updater-script
-Fixed radio
-Fixed Camera (Use ActionSnap)(You can get MIUI camera viewfinder to work it just wont' write the files correctly atm. After opening MIUI Camera change settings > picture size to 3MP)
-Broke altdrawer. Sorry. APK invalid. remove from system/app and install from attatchment if you want it; i'll fix it for .02
-Maybe some more things...

v.00
-Ported

2nd update up..

No camera, Sorry. Havn't been able to test wifi. Will remove torch.apk and various others... Would also like to hcange data config for launcher to default 3d cube animations and to default the appdrawer to grid rather than list...

Lots of Espanol > Engles translations still needed...

Credit to: MIUI team, XDA, Rdanner, Jorgonv, sferrariba(defy thread poster)
Link to original thread I found.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1238592

Download:
v.01http://www.mediafire.com/?fbg3860xvcr5is7
v.00http://www.mediafire.com/?ig4r0oes9m4ja8w

Wipe your data/cache and dalvik just incase,
apply update :D

Attachments

• miuibravo1.jpg
    miuibravo1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 242
  • miuibravo2.jpg
    miuibravo2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 204
  • miuibravo3.jpg
    miuibravo3.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 174
  • com.xuso.altdrawer.apk
    398.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
I'd like to go to that day that the camera works in gingerbread roms for bravo!!

I really would like to use gingerbread in bravo, Im coming from Cliq XT and Backflip (Well, I still have them both) and they have fully working gingerbread roms!

Well the only thing we can do is wait till @rdannar or some else get the camera working!

rubbachicken

Jul 2, 2008
Bend
www.muddyprojects.com
Ya i'll work on the camera too soon i'll be honest he's going to have a better clue than I am...

I found a 2.2 sense rom for the defy i am going to try to port so that that way we can have a little Rosie/SenseUI too...

after that i'll probably try to see whats up with the camera,
i believe if i can ddms the forceclose on the camera i can read up a bit on that too and see whats up; i pmed rdanner about what camera modifications particularly he noticed were needed for his msgingerblur cause that's android 2.3.4 aswell,

for a camera i suggest msgingerblur or the stock froyo diet thing rdanner made

BravoMotorola

Oct 17, 2010
Ya i'll work on the camera too soon i'll be honest he's going to have a better clue than I am...

I found a 2.2 sense rom for the defy i am going to try to port so that that way we can have a little Rosie/SenseUI too...

after that i'll probably try to see whats up with the camera,
i believe if i can ddms the forceclose on the camera i can read up a bit on that too and see whats up; i pmed rdanner about what camera modifications particularly he noticed were needed for his msgingerblur cause that's android 2.3.4 aswell,

for a camera i suggest msgingerblur or the stock froyo diet thing rdanner made

At this point, people need to stop relying on others to get a Defy rom, any Defy rom (CM7 nightlies, MIUI weekly update, regular roms that regular developers made), to work on the Bravo. It is a very simple process.

1) Open ROM in Winzip
2) Delete all the folders and files except for "system"
3) Download this
4) Extract files "motorola" and "META-INF" to a known location
5) Move extracted "META-INF" to / (root) of the ROM
6) Delete folder "motorola in /system/ect
7) Move extracted "motorola" to /system/ect

TPR300C

Apr 27, 2010
Anaheim
Fixed camera same story as w/ rdanners only works w/ 3rd party so far miui camera not working actionsnap is though new upload coming soon

Can't wait to try it with the 3rd party app workaround. And thank you! Seems now a days too many people don't appreciate the work people put out there if it isn't perfect. Up until now no rom is perfect. I have a Droid Incredible and the dev community is pretty big, a lot of roms for it and all still have bugs here and there. Keep up the work. I know there is a lot of people out there that don't really post but really appreciate any work you are doing for the Bravo community

rubbachicken

Jul 2, 2008
Bend
www.muddyprojects.com
One thing I'm having an issue with is settings for the apks...

for example when you select a 3d effect for the launcher, it saves the file in /data/data,

i can get /data/apps to copy over frm the update-script but all attempts so far to get /data/data over havn't worked (since it's copying /data i assumed it would copy /data and it's subdirectories aswell), i've tried to unpack the apks and change the default settings then repack them, that's how I broke altdrawer in .01...

Does anyone have a thought on this? is it likely there is a script clearing /data/data on first boot?

Primarily I want to make folders for the launcher, and put all the icons in them... I found the workspace.xml file that lists the x/y coords of the icons etc... but I can't seem to get any changes to affect it ... (This was found inside the apk)

dontbejeff

Mar 19, 2011
Annapolis, MD
At this point, people need to stop relying on others to get a Defy rom, any Defy rom (CM7 nightlies, MIUI weekly update, regular roms that regular developers made), to work on the Bravo. It is a very simple process.

1) Open ROM in Winzip
2) Delete all the folders and files except for "system"
3) Download this
4) Extract files "motorola" and "META-INF" to a known location
5) Move extracted "META-INF" to / (root) of the ROM
6) Delete folder "motorola in /system/ect
7) Move extracted "motorola" to /system/ect

I agree on this. While it won't get the camera working, it is still a more proper way of making a port. Still reading up on android development (as I got older I get less inclined to do something without understanding what I am doing first) but as a system builder I know it's better to make a new system from scratch rather then taking an image from one machine and sticking it on another. Too many things break that way :p

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
Sorry haven't gotten around to pm and stuff.. work a lot on weekends

@ rubbachicken

What did you do to get camera working? I think I know but would be good for others to know also.

For copying data you need to first delete data recursive then make sure the correct folders have correct permissions after you copy them in the script.

Or you may have to make a tmp folder and do a package extract to push folders on but set permissions to write into data

Not sure about permissions, then download yaffs explorer from market and it has a setting to show what permissions are needed for each file and folder.

@dontbejeff

You are right... it is better to start from a vanilla build made for bravo. But that is some serious coding for a device that doesn't even have a leaked gingerbread rom like defy. If we ever had a leak or something similar then camera would be easy...

That is how I figured out this much of camera by working with froyo stock roms first (T-Mobile). To figure out what is different in the roms.
Sent from my MB520 using XDA App

Last edited:

BravoMotorola

Oct 17, 2010
Sorry haven't gotten around to pm and stuff.. work a lot on weekends

@ rubbachicken

What did you do to get camera working? I think I know but would be good for others to know also.

For copying data you need to first delete data recursive then make sure the correct folders have correct permissions after you copy them in the script.

Or you may have to make a tmp folder and do a package extract to push folders on but set permissions to write into data

Not sure about permissions, then download yaffs explorer from market and it has a setting to show what permissions are needed for each file and folder.

@dontbejeff

You are right... it is better to start from a vanilla build made for bravo. But that is some serious coding for a device that doesn't even have a leaked gingerbread rom like defy. If we ever had a leak or something similar then camera would be easy...

That is how I figured out this much of camera by working with froyo stock roms first (T-Mobile). To figure out what is different in the roms.

YES, that information would be great. Then we could get working camera on CM7 and other Defy roms. PLEASE, rubbachicken give that info!

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
ui_print("[*] Copying Apps");
package_extract_dir("data", "/data");
ui_print("[*] Setting Permissions");
set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0644, "/data/app");
set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0777, 0776, "/data/local");

make sure you use the correct mount for the data wich depends on what updater binary you are using

i am pretty sure he moved over the com.camera.jar
the etc/camera permissions files.
and the 3 camera etc files in main etc folder.

cheers

BravoMotorola

Oct 17, 2010

make sure you use the correct mount for the data wich depends on what updater binary you are using

i am pretty sure he moved over the com.camera.jar
the etc/camera permissions files.
and the 3 camera etc files in main etc folder.

cheers

I must still be a major noob, what's the first part of your post about?

jorgonv

Sep 10, 2010
I must still be a major noob, what's the first part of your post about?

displays: Copying Apps...
extracting files from .zip directory "data" to phone directory "/data"
displays: Setting Permissions...
setting permissions for all files is "/data/app"
setting permissions for all files is "/data/local"

rubbachicken

Jul 2, 2008
Bend
www.muddyprojects.com
I have to be honest i'm not sure exactly what I did ... I copied over the etc/permissions files that were relevant to the camera, also replaced all the libsocameraclient and whatever else I could find, the mot_ise_imager or something like that was replaced too, i'll make a more specific list of files tomorrow...

I was up till 5am last night so i'm kinda on break today haha...

thanks for the help w/ the permissions etc, i wasn't sure what permissions to set for the /data/data

rubbachicken

Jul 2, 2008
Bend
www.muddyprojects.com
Info for what I did to get the camera working; (As best as I can remember, and applied to CM7 and tested.)

found here;
I have recieved a bit of credit for this from the bravo community and i'd like to just mention real quick that i primarily just copied and pasted, if files were edited to make this work beyond which files are there, that was probably rdanner or walter devs... I have a feeling I gathered some files from rdanners gingerblur since it was working....

Maybe that's where I got the com.motorola.camera.xml and .jar found in /etc/permissions and /system/framework
I know i directed my attention to that because it's a GB rom w/ camera working.
Anyway, theres the instructions I followed...

Last edited:

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
Great job doing miui. Main files is mot. Sh file in etc. then egl libs.. At this point the camera.jar does nothing... Permissions probably dont make huge difference. Egl, gles. Gls files all do.

Surface flinger.so does also but that is okay due to similarities with defy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Changelog -
    v.01
    -Removed: Torch.
    -Installation: shortened ascii on updater-script
    -Fixed radio
    -Fixed Camera (Use ActionSnap)(You can get MIUI camera viewfinder to work it just wont' write the files correctly atm. After opening MIUI Camera change settings > picture size to 3MP)
    -Broke altdrawer. Sorry. APK invalid. remove from system/app and install from attatchment if you want it; i'll fix it for .02
    -Maybe some more things...

v.00
    -Ported

2nd update up..

No camera, Sorry. Havn't been able to test wifi. Will remove torch.apk and various others... Would also like to hcange data config for launcher to default 3d cube animations and to default the appdrawer to grid rather than list...

Lots of Espanol > Engles translations still needed...

Credit to: MIUI team, XDA, Rdanner, Jorgonv, sferrariba(defy thread poster)
    Link to original thread I found.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1238592

Download:
    v.01http://www.mediafire.com/?fbg3860xvcr5is7
    v.00http://www.mediafire.com/?ig4r0oes9m4ja8w

Wipe your data/cache and dalvik just incase,
    apply update :D
    Fixed camera same story as w/ rdanners only works w/ 3rd party so far miui camera not working actionsnap is though new upload coming soon
    Here is some MIUI straight from MIUI team. It has the camera working (ALL RUBBACHICKEN'S WORK, and in the same condition) And it is full English (fixes one of his problems)

MIUI.us_MB520_1.8.19_Eng.zip

All credit to rubbachicken