Search This thread

xperiafan13

Jul 25, 2011
México
Hello, I want to give my point of view, is much the scandal that has made for carrying on the xperia x8 ics, but I want to ask ..... so necessary is to have ics at x8? I know you all want the best and newest in our terminals, I think if you can, so simple, remember when we started having CM7, had many bugs, such as camera, sound recorder, etc., without racht but he did, maybe not so good but it did, also thanks to doixanh, we have the camera in 3MP in CM7, which we did not have, in conclusion I think that we should all do our bit to have the best and not divide us, trying to work together and to demotrar FXP team, we did what they could not .....

Hola, yo quiero dar mi punto de vista, es mucho el escandalo que se a hecho por portar el ics al xperia x8, pero yo quiero preguntar.....tan necesario es tener ics en el x8? yo se que todo queremos lo mejor y lo mas nuevo en nuestros terminales, yo creo que si se quiere se puede, asi de simple, recordemos cuando empezamos a tener CM7, tenia muchos bugs, como la camara, grabadora de sonidos, etc, sin embargo racht lo hizo, tal vez no del todo bien pero lo hizo, tambien gracias a doixanh, tenemos la camara en 3mp en cm7, lo cual no teniamos, en conclusion yo pienso, que todos debemos poner nuestro granito de arena para tener lo mejor, y no dividirnos, tratar de trabajar en equipo y haci demotrar al equipo de FXP, que nosotros hicimos lo que ellos no pudieron.....

Chris95X8

Mar 21, 2011
Opened a thread in the dev section just to say that?

Sent from my X8 that is soon going to be replaced with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus/S II

Reactions: n1kolaa

milenkokg

Sep 1, 2011
kragujevac
People, for ics on x8 needs very hardly work and luck. Because many things. We now with custom kernel(182mb ram) don't have enough memory for fully experience 2.3.7 Rom. And processor?....If you think real,best for x8 is fully working froyo and froyo kernel.

Sent from my E15i using XDA App

Last edited:

attack11

Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
Buenos Aires
Motorola Edge 30
froyo its most stable and great performance but 2.3.7 its has more features ... and its becoming most stable and fast lately...
I hope you cant make it XperiaFan13 !!!!

sorry my bad english!

KASHYAP9

May 9, 2011
NCR
People, for ics on x8 needs very hardly work and luck. Because many things. We now with custom kernel(182mb ram) don't have enough memory for fully experience 2.3.7 Rom. And processor?....If you think real,best for x8 is fully working froyo and froyo kernel.

Sent from my E15i using XDA App

I am 100% agree with you. Even I think so.
Our X8's Hardware is almost perfect for FROYO not gingerbread and ICS.

Most of Users Overclock their X8 while using Gingerbread ROMs because X8's CPU is only 600 MHZ which is a small clock speed for Gingerbread. Also overclocking is HARMFUL to processor.

In FROYO roms there is no need of Overclocking as it runs smoothly even on 600MHZ.

And also use tweaks for more free RAM in Gingerbread ROMS and hardly they get

approx. 95MB FREE in Custom KERNEL using TASK KILLER
approx. 80MB RREE in STOCK KERNEL using TASK KILLER.

And in FROYO ROMS with STOCK KERNEL without task Killer 75MB free and by using task killer 110 MB free.
AND I THINK on FROYO custom Kernel it will have 120 MB free which will be best for our X8.

NOTE:- ICS on X8 will be just like WINDOWS 7 running on 256MB RAM and 1GHZ processor.

mondrup

Nov 28, 2009
Frederikshavn
I'd very much love to see ICS running on our X8's, but at the same time I'm in serious doubt about if it can be done or not - taking our awesome dev's in consideration, of course. We(our beloved developers) have achived alot for such a small phone, though I must say, this is where the road for our X8 must come to an end. Simply 'cause the hardware is insufficient for the software to run on it.. But there's alot more things that needs to be taken in consideration, than the single aspect that I looked at.

I don't want to disbelief, so I don't - but I doubt it, and admit that the X8 is near the very end when talking about software upgrades..

kumarv

Jun 15, 2011
NCR

Most of Users Overclock their X8 while using Gingerbread ROMs because X8's CPU is only 600 MHZ which is a small clock speed for Gingerbread. Also overclocking is HARMFUL to processor.

In FROYO roms there is no need of Overclocking as it runs smoothly even on 600MHZ.

And in FROYO ROMS with STOCK KERNEL without task Killer 75MB free and by using task killer 110 MB free.
AND I THINK on FROYO custom Kernel it will have 120 MB free which will be best for our X8.

NOTE:- ICS on X8 will be just like WINDOWS 7 running on 256MB RAM and 1GHZ processor.

You know what Windows 7 has 32 bit version,
ICS can be reduced to full fill X8 requirements.

bogdan_mihai554

Jan 5, 2011
Bucharest

You can't even install windows 7 on 256 ram, you need at least 512 :D
I think that with some tweaks and some useless parts taken off, ICS will be able to run on X8 like gingerbread does. Plus, their requierments are the same...

Last edited:

neo_na

Nov 21, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think any new android OS can be ported to whatever device you want. Like some people have said above, you've got to scrap functions that require high processor power and more RAM and other hardware power which X8 doesn't have. It can be ported in a way that it will run optimized for X8 hardware.

Google drops devices from upgrades is because it won't give consumers a new reason to buy a new phone if they offer upgrades to all available android devices (or it maybe the hardware manufacturer dropping the device from upgrades) As you all know, it would have been totally ok to give X8 an official froyo upgrade, but sony ericsson dropped X8 with 2.1 eclair.

When it comes to porting CM versions also, the same thing applies, they prefer to drop devices when it gets too old and focus on newer devices.

chbea

Oct 19, 2011
Selangor
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think any new android OS can be ported to whatever device you want. Like some people have said above, you've got to scrap functions that require high processor power and more RAM and other hardware power which X8 doesn't have. It can be ported in a way that it will run optimized for X8 hardware.

Google drops devices from upgrades is because it won't give consumers a new reason to buy a new phone if they offer upgrades to all available android devices (or it maybe the hardware manufacturer dropping the device from upgrades) As you all know, it would have been totally ok to give X8 an official froyo upgrade, but sony ericsson dropped X8 with 2.1 eclair.

When it comes to porting CM versions also, the same thing applies, they prefer to drop devices when it gets too old and focus on newer devices.
good talk. they all wan $$ only. force we update new and expensive phone.

B

B.Jay

i've been to the x10, x10 mini and x10 mini pro threads and the amount of maturity they have there is so high, it makes the x8 thread look like a kindergarten full of whiny kids...

Thank you VERY much for pointing it out!
The annoying kids around here are really getting on the nerves.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Opened a thread in the dev section just to say that?

Sent from my X8 that is soon going to be replaced with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus/S II
    Wrong section, Should be moved to general.