[APP][2.3+][Root]Quick Terminal [Make your own Command]

Search This thread

WasseemB

Nov 11, 2011
Quick Terminal
Now On Xda Main Page !!
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/quickly-execute-terminal-commands-with-quick-terminal/
QuickTerminal is a simple way to run your daily commands without the need of rewriting manually.
Add your own Command to a list choosing the output type whether it is a simple toast message or even a dialog.
Choose From many of precoded functions like MacChanging and checking, Signal Resetting and the usuall Rebooting into Recovery or Bootloader.
Disable MediaScan on Boot and even wipe Dalvik Cache.
Run any command in a simple menu choosing whether to run it as a User Or SuperUser (SU).
Run the linux Commands as easily as it can go.
No need to recall your commands any more just add them and you're done.
With MyScripts tab just add your scripts to /QuickTerminal/MyScripts and start running them manually via the app.
If anyone is having a crash, try to delete the QuickTerminal Folder in the sdCard and try again. this should help against any problem
If anyone is having any crash please send me a message to try and fix it.
Thats it for now.
Am Open to any new features which am able to make :p The Quick Toggle tab needs more but i dont know what to add :fingers-crossed:
Am still new to android and learning

New UI !!
_pVW-Fwujc3pjQyvfpI8m_bG8_FUD0z0-qleK8BZ94KTtC8jbWwCl3Y8xTCFUxi-FA=h900-rw
s3Ycrf2KGOvyLwrnc3pCd9-1lnlGr3dJrVNjNNiJr_DkU4fff6htLDwRPM5YopMlYOQ=h900-rw
WuUKa7RAOmo0nTCjRxEdzLDSYe2Kp_oFF0VC1kWb0wosYyp2EMyLxiwzbnGFfogzwrw=h900-rw
mpZwpzTk2Bd-0QkL0hy2vHRy5kbQEsprVZz1NR5Mi5PgQ_CYHhyOsah3KcWQhJa0vg=h900-rw

Will Gladly accept feedback and feature requests and ofcourse any help :good:

Playstore link :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waswas.quickterminal

Attachment updated to 2.7

Attachments

• QuickTerminal.apk
    955.9 KB · Views: 4,248
Last edited:

WasseemB

Nov 11, 2011
ChangeLog
Release 2.4 Switched UI to sliding drawer.
Release 2.3 Switched to a database should copy the QuickTerminal text file to database.
Release 2.1 Bug Fixes and solved ldpi problems.
Release 1.9 Added holo chaning ability as per user request and fixed bugs and crashes hopefully :)

Last edited:
Reactions: yashade2001

weirdsciencex

Jun 19, 2010
Newcastle
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
Thank you, Hope you wil like it.
Looking forward for your feedback :)

Sorry forgot to reply earlier.

Love this app makes life so much easier for me.

I'm a flashaholic so constantly trying new ROMs and combination of scripts. A lot of these scripts are command line based so being able to assign a command to a button using quick root is ideal.

Haven't really tried the rest of the app but will post when I've had a chance to check out more of the functions.

-----------------------

Download G Cloud Backup for Android, up to 8 GB Free.Use this code: [KWLYRO] at signup and we'll both earn space: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.genie9.gcloudbackup

-----------------------

Copy: get 20GB free permanent cloud storage. For every person you get to sign-up earn another 5GB https://copy.com?r=m3asrR

WasseemB

Nov 11, 2011
Sorry forgot to reply earlier.

Love this app makes life so much easier for me.

I'm a flashaholic so constantly trying new ROMs and combination of scripts. A lot of these scripts are command line based so being able to assign a command to a button using quick root is ideal.
You gave me the idea and i just did it :) added the ability to run Scripts just add the scripts to /QuickTerminal/MyScripts and you will run em with one click :fingers-crossed:.

weirdsciencex

Jun 19, 2010
Newcastle
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
You gave me the idea and i just did it :) added the ability to run Scripts just add the scripts to /QuickTerminal/MyScripts and you will run em with one click :fingers-crossed:.

Great idea. Will test it out as soon as I have time :)

Edit: left a review on the play store and will promote the app via Google+ and my playboard channels.

-----------------------

Download G Cloud Backup for Android, up to 8 GB Free.Use this code: [KWLYRO] at signup and we'll both earn space: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.genie9.gcloudbackup

-----------------------

Copy: get 20GB free permanent cloud storage. For every person you get to sign-up earn another 5GB https://copy.com?r=m3asrR

Last edited:

simono_pl

Jun 7, 2009
Great job. Could You add dark theme?

Send from my GT-I9300

Last edited:

asdfasdfvful

Apr 21, 2013
Montreal
allanwang.ca
I haven't downloaded the app yet, but I'm just wondering, how does the mac address changer work? I have tried using a terminal emulator code to change it with no success so I'm wondering if this one is different.

WasseemB

Nov 11, 2011
I haven't downloaded the app yet, but I'm just wondering, how does the mac address changer work? I have tried using a terminal emulator code to change it with no success so I'm wondering if this one is different.
I used the following commands
HTML:
ifconfig wlan0 down (wlan0 or eth0 depending on yours to take the net down)
ifconfig wlan0 hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55 ( whatever the macAddress)
ifconfig wlan0 up (turn it on once again)

Reactions: asdfasdfvful

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick Terminal
    Now On Xda Main Page !!
    http://www.xda-developers.com/android/quickly-execute-terminal-commands-with-quick-terminal/
    QuickTerminal is a simple way to run your daily commands without the need of rewriting manually.
    Add your own Command to a list choosing the output type whether it is a simple toast message or even a dialog.
    Choose From many of precoded functions like MacChanging and checking, Signal Resetting and the usuall Rebooting into Recovery or Bootloader.
    Disable MediaScan on Boot and even wipe Dalvik Cache.
    Run any command in a simple menu choosing whether to run it as a User Or SuperUser (SU).
    Run the linux Commands as easily as it can go.
    No need to recall your commands any more just add them and you're done.
    With MyScripts tab just add your scripts to /QuickTerminal/MyScripts and start running them manually via the app.
    If anyone is having a crash, try to delete the QuickTerminal Folder in the sdCard and try again. this should help against any problem
    If anyone is having any crash please send me a message to try and fix it.
    Thats it for now.
    Am Open to any new features which am able to make :p The Quick Toggle tab needs more but i dont know what to add :fingers-crossed:
    Am still new to android and learning

New UI !!
    _pVW-Fwujc3pjQyvfpI8m_bG8_FUD0z0-qleK8BZ94KTtC8jbWwCl3Y8xTCFUxi-FA=h900-rw
    s3Ycrf2KGOvyLwrnc3pCd9-1lnlGr3dJrVNjNNiJr_DkU4fff6htLDwRPM5YopMlYOQ=h900-rw
    WuUKa7RAOmo0nTCjRxEdzLDSYe2Kp_oFF0VC1kWb0wosYyp2EMyLxiwzbnGFfogzwrw=h900-rw
    mpZwpzTk2Bd-0QkL0hy2vHRy5kbQEsprVZz1NR5Mi5PgQ_CYHhyOsah3KcWQhJa0vg=h900-rw

Will Gladly accept feedback and feature requests and ofcourse any help :good:

Playstore link :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waswas.quickterminal

Attachment updated to 2.7
    Great job. Could You add dark theme?

Send from my GT-I9300
    I will try to add tomorrow. Am still new to development I will try my best to do it :)
    Thank you for your feedback
    Added Support for 2.3+ devices and tried on one device please try and check for me :D
    The apk is on main page and should roll to playstore in the next few hours
    ChangeLog
    Release 2.4 Switched UI to sliding drawer.
    Release 2.3 Switched to a database should copy the QuickTerminal text file to database.
    Release 2.1 Bug Fixes and solved ldpi problems.
    Release 1.9 Added holo chaning ability as per user request and fixed bugs and crashes hopefully :)
    Fixed a reason for crash. Some ui changing and added a dedicated tab for rebooting.
    Hope it goes all good