List of changes/enhancements/problems in the KitKat OTA

Search This thread

Tommino84

Mar 18, 2013
Poggibonsi
drive smart action
if moving to another app, without exiting drive, drive won't be part of open apps anymore
need to disable/enable BT again to have it back

NasiJagung

May 12, 2011
City Of Ruko
The Problem i had is the phone suddenly got blank ( i think problem with Homescreen or Default Launcher) it not turn on i press any button (the screen just got BLANK, but i still can receive message (light indicator)) after few second the Phone Reboot itself..
and i use 3 Music Player Jet Audio, Player Pro and Standart Play Music, when i use Jet Audio Plus i noticed there is some annoying sound. first i thought may earphone or my music file but when i switch to another player it not happening...

any solution for blank screen ??

puckalicious

Nov 17, 2009
Here are my gripes/bugs -

The "People" app for contacts no longer has the alphabet listed vertically along the scroller. I used to just touch the letter I wanted to jump to, now it's just a guess how far down the list I want to go.

Volume control for calls and notifications is no longer able to be linked as one volume setting, at least I recall being able to do this in JB. Very annoying to me. I found this out with a bug in the SmartAction volume control for my charging dock. I have it set to mute volume when in the dock and vibrate only. However when I undock only the call volume goes back to normal, the notification volume stays muted until I manually go into volume control and turn it back up.

vjaamm

Oct 17, 2010
For some reason, since the update, whenever I swipe up from the home button, it brings me to the results of the last thing I searched rather than Google Now. No idea why.

ShadyDreamer

Mar 5, 2014
If you use one of the older apk files that only required 4.1, it works just fine even on 4.1 Jelly Bean as of some update to the Google Search app a month or two ago. (before then it required at least 4.2 or it would crash because of trying to use a 4.2 feature) Since the app only triggers Google Search to register the launcher and adds some wallpaper images, it doesn't matter if you have an old or new one. The apk to enable it technically doesn't even include any app at all.

So far no updates have broken 4.1 compatibility since they fixed it to work on it.

Last edited:

Strife89

Apr 29, 2011
If you use one of the older apk files that only required 4.1, it works just fine even on 4.1 Jelly Bean as of some update to the Google Search app a month or two ago. (before then it required at least 4.2 or it would crash because of trying to use a 4.2 feature) Since the app only triggers Google Search to register the launcher and adds some wallpaper images, it doesn't matter if you have an old or new one. The apk to enable it technically doesn't even include any app at all.

So far no updates have broken 4.1 compatibility since they fixed it to work on it.

Oh, whoops. I'll change that line, then. Thanks for the info! :good:

rosskill

Feb 6, 2014
Whom ever is programming the ui ought display a list of optionally enabled sub menus to map them against the XML java packaging sheets, or include more, do not show this warning again check boxes.

Games Goblin

Oct 15, 2010
any way to disable the OTA notification in 4.1.2

My razr m is on stock 4.1.2 (w/ root+xposed). Is there any way to disable the OTA notification for 4.4 update? Through titanium backup maybe? It's driving me crazy lol!:eek: Each time I connect to the internet it pops up and sometimes starts downloading automatically, it burned through 1GB of my monthly data cap :(

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
My razr m is on stock 4.1.2 (w/ root+xposed). Is there any way to disable the OTA notification for 4.4 update? Through titanium backup maybe? It's driving me crazy lol!:eek: Each time I connect to the internet it pops up and sometimes starts downloading automatically, it burned through 1GB of my monthly data cap :(

I believe you can freeze the updater in Titanium.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Strife89

Apr 29, 2011
Anybody having problems with random reboots? I'm using my phone on GSM network a it once a day or two reboots. Also it sometimes freezes and the phone has to be rebooted.

None here so far. I'm on Verizon, however. (Sometimes I've rebooted my phone in response to sluggishness or weird issues, but no self-reboots have happened.)

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
[*] Swype is no longer included. If you used it in Jellybean, you will need to purchase it on the Play Store after taking the OTA.
[/LIST]
Does anyone know if I could use the swype apk I pulled from jb or a TiB I made of it? Thank you kindly for your time.

Edit... Well gave it a shot and no not you can't both forecloses...

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

AndroidMilos

Aug 31, 2010
Methuen
My opinion

Worth noting that I am using an unlocked bootloader, with CWM and SuperSU (only really did this to remove VZW bloat and install Xposed)

You installed CWM ? Which version did you install? Phils? I tried to install but kept getting locked up on the "locked bootloader screen". I have unlocked the BL and have root also and TWRP (I prefer CWM if I could install it)

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
Reactions: AndroidMilos

Top Liked Posts