[Recovery] TWRP 2.6.3.0 for XT926 (Droid Razr HD) Unofficial

Search This thread

djuniah

Jul 10, 2010
Philadelphia
EDIT: This is now an old build of TWRP. 2.6.3.1 is the latest as of this edit. If you're looking to install TWRP, i would seek out whatever the latest build is. I'm going to leave this thread here, but know that if you flash this, it is old and may not work well in the future.

I'm a big fan of TWRP and it looks like no one had built the latest version for the xt926 yet, so i made one. All of the usual warnings apply. Flash at your own risk and be sure to have a "stable" recovery on hand incase something goes wrong.

So far i have tested:
  • Backup
  • Restore
  • ROM Install (CM 10.2 was the ROM i tested with)
  • File Manager
  • Charging
  • Screen on/off

Download:
http://goo.im/devs/djuniah/xt926/recovery/TWRP-2.6.3.0.img

Install:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.6.3.0.img

TeamWin for the recovery and for the instructions found HERE
Hashcode and Dhacker for doing all of the legwork to get TWRP working in the first place and for all of the other amazing things they do.

Compiled from:
This github branch

XT925:
This was built for the xt926, however quite a few users have flashed it onto the xt925 and reported it working. As always, flash at your own risk!

Last edited:

tember1214

Oct 21, 2011
Portsmouth NH
Damn was hoping this worked for the atrix HD!! Aarrggh was working on one but the touch points are off and same with this one. Thanks for the work though!!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk now Free

JBass

Jun 1, 2010
Rochester
Has TWRP fixed the issues with 4.3 and SELinux is concerned?

EDIT:
http://teamw.in/project/twrp2
What's new in 2.6.3.0:

*Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
*Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
*Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
*Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
*A few other fixes and tweaks

Last edited:

Tuckycv

Oct 22, 2012
León
So the XT926 recovery is working on the 925 backup/restore? Just wanted to be sure before I flashed

I flashed this recovery and the backup worked, Haven't restore yet but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I was stuck on 2.5.0.0 and the backup was wrong, as it was declaring my data at 1.5Tb, yup terabytes! so I wasn't able to backup. No problems now.

Reactions: jmcdonald58

jmcdonald58

Apr 28, 2010
Fort Worth,Tx
twitter.com
I flashed this recovery and the backup worked, Haven't restore yet but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I was stuck on 2.5.0.0 and the backup was wrong, as it was declaring my data at 1.5Tb, yup terabytes! so I wasn't able to backup. No problems now.

Thanks the reason I asked is because the last recovery I flashed backup went fine but hung on boot when trying to restore - just wanted to be sure this time

Reactions: idless

idless

Jul 5, 2012
Thanks the reason I asked is because the last recovery I flashed backup went fine but hung on boot when trying to restore - just wanted to be sure this time

That is appreciated. I'm on the xt926 build on my xt925 now and it seems too work fine. But a true xt925 build would probably be safer.

jmcdonald58

Apr 28, 2010
Fort Worth,Tx
twitter.com
To confirm this is working on the XT925 I just backed up SlimRom then did factory reset + wiped system then restored my backup without any issue I was reluctant to try glad I did

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: This is now an old build of TWRP. 2.6.3.1 is the latest as of this edit. If you're looking to install TWRP, i would seek out whatever the latest build is. I'm going to leave this thread here, but know that if you flash this, it is old and may not work well in the future.

I'm a big fan of TWRP and it looks like no one had built the latest version for the xt926 yet, so i made one. All of the usual warnings apply. Flash at your own risk and be sure to have a "stable" recovery on hand incase something goes wrong.

So far i have tested:
    • Backup
    • Restore
    • ROM Install (CM 10.2 was the ROM i tested with)
    • File Manager
    • Charging
    • Screen on/off

Download:
    http://goo.im/devs/djuniah/xt926/recovery/TWRP-2.6.3.0.img

Install:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.6.3.0.img

TeamWin for the recovery and for the instructions found HERE
    Hashcode and Dhacker for doing all of the legwork to get TWRP working in the first place and for all of the other amazing things they do.

Compiled from:
    This github branch

XT925:
    This was built for the xt926, however quite a few users have flashed it onto the xt925 and reported it working. As always, flash at your own risk!
    Yeah i don't have a device to test on, but I might be able to make a build sometime over the weekend. I won't have time until at least sunday though. I'll update here if i get it.
    Just compiled the 2.7.0.0 source tree for our phone, but on boot it just goes to the TWRP splash screen and flashes between that and black. I'll have to do some digging and find out why
    any chance to get for the XT925?
    That's my exact reasoning for making this build. I wanted one with SELinux support to be available for our device. I flashed the latest CM10.2 (4.3) and it worked just fine.