SPIGEN SGP Galaxy S4 GLAS.tR SLIM Tempered Glass protector problem

Search This thread

p.brazauskas

Mar 26, 2009
I have this SPIGEN SGP Galaxy S4 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM Premium Tempered Glass from 10th of September 2013 on my phone.
I loved it until about a month ago for no apparent reason it started developing this bubble under the glass in the top right corner (see pictures).
I didn't drop the phone nor tried to lift the screen protector since I put it on. At first it was smaller but it keeps getting bigger little by little.
I tried squeezing on it, to get it to stick back or push out air bubble with significant force to no avail. I take good care of my gadgets keep them in cases and clean so they look like new, so this thing annoys me a lot :mad:

Anyone knows why this would happen?

Last edited:

Stealyourface

Oct 19, 2007
VA Beach
That's just what happens with glass screen protectors sometimes. My iloome did it for my iPhone 5 and now my S4 as well. My friends bought Chinese glass screen protectors and it did it for them on their S4. My seidio vitreo did it on my iPad 3. Though my iloome on my iPod is fine, and it's been there for a while. And my mime protector on my iPad mini is fine for now. So it's really hit and miss in my opinion. Hear the thin ones (spigen nano, iloome flex, mime feather) have a slimmer chance of this happening though.

Last edited:

Rakcoon

May 15, 2013
I have this SPIGEN SGP Galaxy S4 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM Premium Tempered Glass from 10th of September 2013 on my phone.
I loved it until about a month ago for no apparent reason it started developing this bubble under the glass in the top right corner (see pictures).
I didn't drop the phone nor tried to lift the screen protector since I put it on. At first it was smaller but it keeps getting bigger little by little.
I tried squeezing on it, to get it to stick back or push out air bubble with significant force to no avail. I take good care of my gadgets keep them in cases and clean so they look like new, so this thing annoys me a lot :mad:

Anyone knows why this would happen?

It happens when force is applied to the edge of the phone/screen protector.
I found that it doesn't take much to cause the glass sp to lift up.
In my particular case, the lip of my case would apply just enough to lift top left corner of my glass sp.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

p.brazauskas

Mar 26, 2009
That's just what happens with glass screen protectors sometimes. My iloome did it for my iPhone 5 and now my S4 as well. My friends bought Chinese glass screen protectors and it did it for them on their S4. My seidio vitreo did it on my iPad 3. Though my iloome on my iPod is fine, and it's been there for a while. And my mime protector on my iPad mini is fine for now. So it's really hit and miss in my opinion. Hear the thin ones (spigen nano, iloome flex, mime feather) have a slimmer chance of this happening though.

It's a shame I really like this glass screen protector but now it looks ugly, I guess next time I'll go for slimmer version.
But still something had to cause this because it was OK for four months. And as I said I take care of my phone, never dropped it sat on it etc.
So it's bit strange why it would do that.

p.brazauskas

Mar 26, 2009
It happens when force is applied to the edge of the phone/screen protector.
I found that it doesn't take much to cause the glass sp to lift up.
In my particular case, the lip of my case would apply just enough to lift top left corner of my glass sp.

All the time I used Spigen Neo Hybrid case on my phone so it's designed by the same company and doesn't touch the glass.
I just recently purchase Case Mate barely there case that you see in the pictures which doesn't touch the glass either.

juicebag

Jul 22, 2010
calgary
This has happened to me with every tempered glass product I've used from Spigen. And it happened relatively soon too; within the first few days of use. I can't see it being an issue with my screen being improperly prepared either, as I am very meticulous when it comes to screen protectors.

I absolutely love their cases and plastic screen protectors but I can no longer justify spending $30+ on their tempered glass.

Decided to go with Iloome Flex and I have been having much better luck so far. Over 60 days use and still no issues.

Here's a couple pictures of the Iloome Flex just for comparison http://i.imgur.com/LvG0JMr.jpg

Bradden1

Dec 20, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Just wondered what the best way is to clean these without ruining the oleophobic coating? Thanks

deathnotice01

Feb 19, 2012
Cebu
I have the Spigen Glas.tr slim as well for 5 months already and I never had this issue

[A gorilla dies for every smartphone.
Stop using gorilla glass and save planet earth]