[ROM][AOSP][Xposed] Simply-Smart V2 (Updated 30/01/2014)

Search This thread

brajesh.sharma87

Jan 27, 2011
Kolkata
Hello Friends, I've been using Purity ROM for quite sometime now and I must admit I am a huge fan of something like this which is based on stock. On the other hand I am a big fan of Xposed framework and like the idea of customization without touching the system files. I use many modules to customize the rom. The reason of making this ROM is to remove the conflict betweeen cherry picked features with xposed modules so that the user can decide which settings they want to keep and which they dont. All the modules created for AOSP roms should work flawlessly without any conflicts. I am using this rom for sometime now and thought to share here for people like me. ;) I will try to provide weekly build if you guyz like this idea.

Features:

Built from source
AOSP KitKat 4.4.2 KOT49H
Bioning and Dalvik tweaked
CM Calculator App
DSP Manager
CM MMS.apk
Added MiFi explorer
Rom Banner
Franco Kernel
Nexus 4 particle bootanimation
Ubuntu Font set by default
Integrated the follwing in the Settings app:

• TricksterMod (As Kernel Settings)
    [*]App Ops
    [*]SuperSu
    [*]Xtheme Engine
    [*]Light Manager (To manage led notification, under display settings)
    [*]Font Installer (under display settings)
    [*]Gravity Box (As Interface, this giant module alone converts a stock AOSP rom to a full featured custom rom, remember to customize it well according to your needs)

Installation Process:
  1. Wipe /system, /data, /cache and dalvik-cache
  2. Download and flash Simply-Smart_v2 in recovery.
  3. Download and install Gapps of your choice (Obviously 4.4.2 compatible)
  4. On first boot (please be paitient while it does), go to the app drawer – xposed installer – framework – Install/update. Grant superuser permission and hit back. Go to modules and activate all the included modules.
  5. Reboot
  6. Customize the rom according to your choice
  7. Enjoy :)

Extra:

For Pure AOSP lovers, I have also uploaded a pure version without any modification, specially for those who want to mod the rom as per their choice and want to have latest google updates. If interested, you can download that from the link below:

Download PURE AOSP

Screenshots:

OXKYkbQ.png
2LXjD4U.png
DKxzSnh.png
l9f2V63.png
Y67yC28.png
ZI6gvbT.png
Glo3lYW.png
XL79lia.png
fl3lGYT.png
HQDuoaj.png

Reccomendations:
Module
AppSettings (Per app settings)
LWInRecents (If you use live wallpaper)
Unicon (apply icon pack systemwide)
XHaloFloatingWindows (To have halo like experience use this module with the app Floatifications)
Greenify Paid (Saves a lot of Battery)
CM Themes ported for Xtheme Engine

Credits:

rovo89 (Thanks for bringing the revolution)
C3C076 (Dude, you're awesome)
Franco (For the kernel)
DariosF (For being Inspiration)
CyanogenMod
bigeyes0x0 (Trickstermod), mckoo (LightManager), HootanParsa (MiFi Explorer), caspase (App Ops), ruqq (Xtheme Engine), JRummy (Font Installer), Wrixituz (for bootanimation) and all the devs on xda.

This is my first ROM for Nexus 4 so please report bugs and I will try to improve, Thanks. :)

Last edited:

okanb3

Jan 18, 2013
cihaz.im
I must admire it, looking good...

But i really want to use ART, so i can't use GravityBox... And we all know much of users prefer ART. Is there a way to merge the two worlds?

Reactions: brajesh.sharma87

brajesh.sharma87

Jan 27, 2011
Kolkata

But i really want to use ART, so i can't use GravityBox... And we all know much of users prefer ART. Is there a way to merge the two worlds?

Unfortunately not yet.

This is the first Nexus Rom am flashing on my friends Nexus4. looking forward using this amazing rom of your's.

:D :D

Thanks. :)

yoyo @brajesh.sharma87 , long time , we used to be in defy forums some time back :D aahha
nice to see u here in n4 forums :D.. will definitely try ur rom :D

Yeah I do remember those awesome days. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jsmonu

Sep 3, 2008
Thanks for this bud.. I'm always looking for nicer AOSP builds for my N4 too.. Will try this out for sure.

Can I use regular kernels with this or any specific?

brajesh.sharma87

Jan 27, 2011
Kolkata
Thanks for this bud.. I'm always looking for nicer AOSP builds for my N4 too.. Will try this out for sure.

Can I use regular kernels with this or any specific?

U can use any kernel built for stock. Though I have included Franco kernel in this build but I wud reccomend ak milestone v.021 for stability, performance and battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

jsmonu

Sep 3, 2008
Sure.. Thanks.. on AOSP my personal preference is for Matr1x kernels.. but AK, is worth mentioning too! :) It's my number 1 choice on Kernels too, but lately I've been facing WiFi connectivity issues with that kernel for some reason.. (but that was on CM Roms..) let's see .. thanks again.

brajesh.sharma87

Jan 27, 2011
Kolkata
Uploaded a new version with some minor improvements.

Download Simply-Smart-v2

Code:
Changelog:

[LIST]
[*]Build Date 26/01/2014 IST
[*]The rom comes pre-rooted now with latest chainfire su binary
[*]Franco Kernel r203
[*]Modules and added apps are now included in /data partition for better app update
[*]Gravity Box, MiFi explorer updated to latest version
[*]SuperSu integrated in Settings app
[*]Software update option now removed from settings so that Google updates doesn't mess it up.
[*]Developer Options and USB Debugging enabled by default
[*]Included a sample theme (GEM)
[/LIST]

For pureAOSP lovers, I have also uploaded a pure version without any modification, specially for those who want to mod the rom as per their choice and want to have latest google updates. If interested, you can download that from the link below:

Download PURE AOSP

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Friends, I've been using Purity ROM for quite sometime now and I must admit I am a huge fan of something like this which is based on stock. On the other hand I am a big fan of Xposed framework and like the idea of customization without touching the system files. I use many modules to customize the rom. The reason of making this ROM is to remove the conflict betweeen cherry picked features with xposed modules so that the user can decide which settings they want to keep and which they dont. All the modules created for AOSP roms should work flawlessly without any conflicts. I am using this rom for sometime now and thought to share here for people like me. ;) I will try to provide weekly build if you guyz like this idea.

Features:

Built from source
    AOSP KitKat 4.4.2 KOT49H
    Bioning and Dalvik tweaked
    CM Calculator App
    DSP Manager
    CM MMS.apk
    Added MiFi explorer
    Rom Banner
    Franco Kernel
    Nexus 4 particle bootanimation
    Ubuntu Font set by default
    Integrated the follwing in the Settings app:

• TricksterMod (As Kernel Settings)
      [*]App Ops
      [*]SuperSu
      [*]Xtheme Engine
      [*]Light Manager (To manage led notification, under display settings)
      [*]Font Installer (under display settings)
      [*]Gravity Box (As Interface, this giant module alone converts a stock AOSP rom to a full featured custom rom, remember to customize it well according to your needs)

Installation Process:
    1. Wipe /system, /data, /cache and dalvik-cache
    2. Download and flash Simply-Smart_v2 in recovery.
    3. Download and install Gapps of your choice (Obviously 4.4.2 compatible)
    4. On first boot (please be paitient while it does), go to the app drawer – xposed installer – framework – Install/update. Grant superuser permission and hit back. Go to modules and activate all the included modules.
    5. Reboot
    6. Customize the rom according to your choice
    7. Enjoy :)

Extra:

For Pure AOSP lovers, I have also uploaded a pure version without any modification, specially for those who want to mod the rom as per their choice and want to have latest google updates. If interested, you can download that from the link below:

Download PURE AOSP

Screenshots:

OXKYkbQ.png
    2LXjD4U.png
    DKxzSnh.png
    l9f2V63.png
    Y67yC28.png
    ZI6gvbT.png
    Glo3lYW.png
    XL79lia.png
    fl3lGYT.png
    HQDuoaj.png

Reccomendations:
    Module
    AppSettings (Per app settings)
    LWInRecents (If you use live wallpaper)
    Unicon (apply icon pack systemwide)
    XHaloFloatingWindows (To have halo like experience use this module with the app Floatifications)
    Greenify Paid (Saves a lot of Battery)
    CM Themes ported for Xtheme Engine

Credits:

rovo89 (Thanks for bringing the revolution)
    C3C076 (Dude, you're awesome)
    Franco (For the kernel)
    DariosF (For being Inspiration)
    CyanogenMod
    bigeyes0x0 (Trickstermod), mckoo (LightManager), HootanParsa (MiFi Explorer), caspase (App Ops), ruqq (Xtheme Engine), JRummy (Font Installer), Wrixituz (for bootanimation) and all the devs on xda.

This is my first ROM for Nexus 4 so please report bugs and I will try to improve, Thanks. :)
    Uploaded a new version with some minor improvements.

Download Simply-Smart-v2

Code:
    Changelog:

[LIST]
    [*]Build Date 26/01/2014 IST
    [*]The rom comes pre-rooted now with latest chainfire su binary
    [*]Franco Kernel r203
    [*]Modules and added apps are now included in /data partition for better app update
    [*]Gravity Box, MiFi explorer updated to latest version
    [*]SuperSu integrated in Settings app
    [*]Software update option now removed from settings so that Google updates doesn't mess it up.
    [*]Developer Options and USB Debugging enabled by default
    [*]Included a sample theme (GEM)
    [/LIST]

For pureAOSP lovers, I have also uploaded a pure version without any modification, specially for those who want to mod the rom as per their choice and want to have latest google updates. If interested, you can download that from the link below:

Download PURE AOSP

Too awesome !!

This is the first Nexus Rom am flashing on my friends Nexus4. looking forward using this amazing rom of your's.

:D :D
    yoyo @brajesh.sharma87 , long time , we used to be in defy forums some time back :D aahha
    nice to see u here in n4 forums :D.. will definitely try ur rom :D