[APP][2.3.3+] My (material design) note's app "Note list" v4.9.1

Search This thread

Cubeactive

Jan 29, 2013
www.cubeactive.com
banner_notelist_600.jpg

I Want to share my note's app with you all. It's called Note list and is available from the Play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cubeactive.qnotelistfree

If you like to help out with translations or beta testing just drop a message or pm and I'll contact you for more information.

Any comments, suggestions are welcome.

If you like the app please leave a review on Google Play.
Thank you all for the great support! :)

More information and a FAQ can be found on my website.
http://notelist.cubeactive.com/

Store description
Note list is your elegant notepad for Android devices.

With Note list you can quickly write notes, todo items and write down all your ideas and reminders. Use the folder structure to keep all your notes organized. Looking for a simple yet powerful material design notepad app for your Android device, Note list is it.

• Easy to use - Large notepad for writing notes, optimized for phones and tablets
• Organize notes - Store your notes in folders and archive folders.
• Sync notes - Synchronize notes on multiple devices with Google Drive™
• Quick access - Add a shortcut to your home screen to quickly create new notes.
• Reminders - Add reminders to notes and check completed notes.
• Backup/Restore - Keep your notes save by using the backup manager or synchronization function.
• Language support for: English, Dutch, German, Italian, Spanish.

Pro upgrade features
• Use Note list ads free.
• Note widget.
• Bold, Italic, Underlined, Font color, Highlight color markup options.
• Calendar view.
• App lock.

BEFORE REPLYING ON THIS TOPIC WITH YOUR REQUEST PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS TO MOST REQUESTED FEATURES
- Access to notes by website and other OS devices like Windows
Due to the cost of hosting a service that would allow access to the notes by a website this feature is not planned in the up coming months.

- Adding photo's / drawings and handwriting
Note list is currently focusing on getting the best user experience for writing notes by keyboard.
There are many items that I want to implement before switching the focus on other kind of note taking options.

DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ
If you are an Android developer and want to write a widget or other app that communicates with Note list, you can use the Note list content provider.
The content provider allows you to communicate (read only) with Note list and query data from the app.

The data specifications of the content provider can be found at this GitHub project:
Note list development library

You will need to add the Note list read data permission to your app manifest, this will be visible to the user.
The user also needs to allow third party apps to read data from Note l!st, this is a setting in the preference screen in Note list.

If you have published an app that uses the Note l!st content provider, you can join the beta test community on Google+ to test your code before updates get published. Contact me with a link to your app and I will send you an invitation.

Device_Screenshot_1.png
Device_Screenshot_2.png

Device_Screenshot_3.png
Device_Screenshot_4.png

Device_Screenshot_11.png
Device_Screenshot_8.png

Device_Screenshot_6.png

Device_Screenshot_15.png

Device_Screenshot_18.png

For a full explanation on what permissions the app requires and how they are used please read the Note list privacy policy:
http://notelist.cubeactive.com/privacy-policy/

Last edited:

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
WOW, just from looking at the screenshots i'm amazed by how beautiful this app looks.
Will try for sure, thanks dev.

Just curious, does this app backup to google docs or anything?

Last edited:

mcluvin1065

Dec 23, 2011
Re: [APP][2.2+] My note's app "Note l!st" v2.4

LOOKS AWESOME

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Cubeactive

Jan 29, 2013
www.cubeactive.com
can the notes be saved as txt files on the sdcard?

No there is no backup or restore feature at the moment. I'm thinking on how I want to implement such features. My initial idea was to create my own cloud service. This would give me more options and better synchronization performance. But hosting a service like that cost money and the app only generates a few dollars each month. So if the download numbers do not go up a lot in the up coming weeks it's no option. Therefor I'm now looking into other cloud solutions like synchronizing with dropbox. However this will be less efficient and more limited than running my own service, also users can alter the files on dropbox and break the synchronization. It's not ideal but at the moment it looks like the only way for my to create a synchronization/backup feature.

Other backup features could be saving the notes to the sd card. I Do want to write something like that in the future.

At the moment the only way to export your notes from the app is by using the share function, that way you can save it to a email or text file. But it's one note at the time and you can not read them back into the app.

If anyone has good ideas please let me know, I'm still looking for the best solution.

oddie95

Mar 23, 2012
Re: [APP][2.2+] My note's app "Note l!st" v2.4

is it compatible for Gingerbread Device? since i can't check on Play Store for while

well it would be great for cloud idea, but i do like if you add an option too to make a backup on /sdcard with .txt or something. since in my place, its not everyday you can get Wifi or using internet connection :)

Sent from my GT-S5830

Cubeactive

Jan 29, 2013
www.cubeactive.com
is it compatible for Gingerbread Device? since i can't check on Play Store for while

well it would be great for cloud idea, but i do like if you add an option too to make a backup on /sdcard with .txt or something. since in my place, its not everyday you can get Wifi or using internet connection :)

Sent from my GT-S5830

Its compatible from 2.2 and up. I Had to drop support for 2.1 in last update. But almost every 2,x device is upgraded to 2.3.x anyway.
Offline backup would be nice yes. I Should be able do reuse most code for offline and cloud backup.

Cubeactive

Jan 29, 2013
www.cubeactive.com
alarm reminder for each note?

btw awesome app!

Yeah that would be an awesome idea for future updates.
It's on my long term todo list haha. Very looooonnnggg todo list.
It's a shame most other notes apps have about 2 year head start on me. I'm having great suggestions from users and ideas that would be great in the app.
I Write them all down and hope to be able to build them in the future.

pegox

Feb 13, 2012
Venice
R: [APP][2.2+] My note's app "Note l!st" v2.4

Very well done app! You may add the cloud sync and it become one of the greatest! :)

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

decemberhayes

Aug 9, 2011
Bydgoszcz
The app looks great! I've just downloaded it and will give it a test ride.
My suggestion for an online sync - box.com
It gives users a possibility to map the cloud drive as additional HDD through webDAV. I am not sure what options for cloud sync you have in mind, but I think that since the webDAV folders act as local drives it can give you a wide range of possibilities.

Nucleotide

May 31, 2011
What an absolutely brilliant note taking app!!

I really hope to see cloud sync (to Dropbox would be awesome) and an accommodating Windows based app so that notes can be added/deleted/edited etc on a PC.

Multi selection of items to apply batch actions (e.g.: delete) would also be good.

I'll definitely be donating for this one. Thank you! :)

EDIT: Donation sent. Keep up the fantastic work and most all - please keep it simple. There is nothing worse then an overcomplicated, sluggish, note taking app. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: kreamee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner_notelist_600.jpg

I Want to share my note's app with you all. It's called Note list and is available from the Play store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cubeactive.qnotelistfree

If you like to help out with translations or beta testing just drop a message or pm and I'll contact you for more information.

Any comments, suggestions are welcome.

If you like the app please leave a review on Google Play.
    Thank you all for the great support! :)

More information and a FAQ can be found on my website.
    http://notelist.cubeactive.com/

Store description
    Note list is your elegant notepad for Android devices.

With Note list you can quickly write notes, todo items and write down all your ideas and reminders. Use the folder structure to keep all your notes organized. Looking for a simple yet powerful material design notepad app for your Android device, Note list is it.

• Easy to use - Large notepad for writing notes, optimized for phones and tablets
    • Organize notes - Store your notes in folders and archive folders.
    • Sync notes - Synchronize notes on multiple devices with Google Drive™
    • Quick access - Add a shortcut to your home screen to quickly create new notes.
    • Reminders - Add reminders to notes and check completed notes.
    • Backup/Restore - Keep your notes save by using the backup manager or synchronization function.
    • Language support for: English, Dutch, German, Italian, Spanish.

Pro upgrade features
    • Use Note list ads free.
    • Note widget.
    • Bold, Italic, Underlined, Font color, Highlight color markup options.
    • Calendar view.
    • App lock.

BEFORE REPLYING ON THIS TOPIC WITH YOUR REQUEST PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS TO MOST REQUESTED FEATURES
    - Access to notes by website and other OS devices like Windows
    Due to the cost of hosting a service that would allow access to the notes by a website this feature is not planned in the up coming months.

- Adding photo's / drawings and handwriting
    Note list is currently focusing on getting the best user experience for writing notes by keyboard.
    There are many items that I want to implement before switching the focus on other kind of note taking options.

DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ
    If you are an Android developer and want to write a widget or other app that communicates with Note list, you can use the Note list content provider.
    The content provider allows you to communicate (read only) with Note list and query data from the app.

The data specifications of the content provider can be found at this GitHub project:
    Note list development library

You will need to add the Note list read data permission to your app manifest, this will be visible to the user.
    The user also needs to allow third party apps to read data from Note l!st, this is a setting in the preference screen in Note list.

If you have published an app that uses the Note l!st content provider, you can join the beta test community on Google+ to test your code before updates get published. Contact me with a link to your app and I will send you an invitation.

Device_Screenshot_1.png
    Device_Screenshot_2.png

Device_Screenshot_3.png
    Device_Screenshot_4.png

Device_Screenshot_11.png
    Device_Screenshot_8.png

Device_Screenshot_6.png

Device_Screenshot_15.png

Device_Screenshot_18.png

For a full explanation on what permissions the app requires and how they are used please read the Note list privacy policy:
    http://notelist.cubeactive.com/privacy-policy/
    Version 2.5 has been released today.

With the new update of Note l!st you no longer have to worry about accidentally deleting an important note. The added “Deleted notes” folder shows all deleted notes before you choose to permanently delete or restore them.

The update also adds higher resolution icons for use with high resolution devices and has improvements for the user interface.

Change log v2.5
    - Fixed: The app would crash with an IllegalStateException when pressing back in the share dialog.
    - Added: Deleted notes folder. Deleting a note will now first move it to the deleted notes folder, from there you can permanently delete or restore notes. This folder will auto hide if there are no deleted notes available.
    - Added: XHDPI version of icons.
    - Changed: The note content will now automatically capitalize the first word of a sentence.
    - Changed: Some font sizes for tablet layout.
    - Changed: Switched the save and discard buttons in the edit note screen.
    - Changed: Action bar layout of edit folder screen
    - Changed: Back button setting is now only visible on tablets.
    can the notes be saved as txt files on the sdcard?

No there is no backup or restore feature at the moment. I'm thinking on how I want to implement such features. My initial idea was to create my own cloud service. This would give me more options and better synchronization performance. But hosting a service like that cost money and the app only generates a few dollars each month. So if the download numbers do not go up a lot in the up coming weeks it's no option. Therefor I'm now looking into other cloud solutions like synchronizing with dropbox. However this will be less efficient and more limited than running my own service, also users can alter the files on dropbox and break the synchronization. It's not ideal but at the moment it looks like the only way for my to create a synchronization/backup feature.

Other backup features could be saving the notes to the sd card. I Do want to write something like that in the future.

At the moment the only way to export your notes from the app is by using the share function, that way you can save it to a email or text file. But it's one note at the time and you can not read them back into the app.

If anyone has good ideas please let me know, I'm still looking for the best solution.
    WOW, just from looking at the screenshots i'm amazed by how beautiful this app looks.
    Will try for sure, thanks dev.

Just curious, does this app backup to google docs or anything?

Thanks!
    Currently it's one (local) device only. I'm looking into synchronization and backup options.
    Thank you all for the kind words and feedback.

I Was surprised to see the app being featured on the front page of XDA. I Was wondering what happened that caused my inbox to be this full of emails. :)
    I Will read all of your notes but it's a bit much to reply every comment at the moment.

And many thanks to the once that have made a donation. It really is nice to see so many people wanting to help out a developer.