[Q] Some kind of brick.

Search This thread

nistsio

May 15, 2014
Hello community.

As it turns out I am currently waiting for my phone's battery to discharge completely according to this thread: http://http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1849170

But let me take it from the beginning.
My Xperia SP is rooted with unlocked bootloader, CWM and usb debugging set to OFF.
Last night I accidentally forgot to charge my phone and when I woke up in the morning it had switched off. The nightmare begins.

When I connected the charger I got the red led and the phone wouldn't turn on. Since I have been fighting with this for the greater part of my day I honestly cannot remember the specific order of the following actions that all took place:

Hard reset, soft reset, (power button and OFF button on the motherboard), connection in flashmode, connection in fastboot, flashing of kernels, flashing of roms, unplugging of the battery, CWM attempted recovery (power off interrupted), bootloops, sony logo freezes and other similar.

At the moment I can only connect in flashmode with battery unplugged and thus I flashed stock rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2703651 and then I flashed doomlord's kernel http://doomlord.xperia-files.com/download.php?dlid=U1BfRG9vTUxvUkRfQWR2U3RrS2VybmVsX0ZXLTIwMV92MDI= in an attempt to access CWM recovery and take it from there.
Alas, when the battery is unplugged the phone won't boot into recovery it will only bootloop to the SONY logo and when the batery is plugged in it wont turn on at all.
With the battery plugged in and the charger plugged in as well I only get the red led. When the charger is unplugged and I press the power button i get two blinks of the red led and that's that. There was a moment that I got the charging screen without the red led when the phone was on the charger but it did not charge at all and I can't get it there again.

So to sum up: my phone will not charge and therefore will not turn on. I have now left it aside for its battery to totally die but how can I know when will that be?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
Hello community.

As it turns out I am currently waiting for my phone's battery to discharge completely according to this thread: http://http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1849170

But let me take it from the beginning.
My Xperia SP is rooted with unlocked bootloader, CWM and usb debugging set to OFF.
Last night I accidentally forgot to charge my phone and when I woke up in the morning it had switched off. The nightmare begins.

When I connected the charger I got the red led and the phone wouldn't turn on. Since I have been fighting with this for the greater part of my day I honestly cannot remember the specific order of the following actions that all took place:

Hard reset, soft reset, (power button and OFF button on the motherboard), connection in flashmode, connection in fastboot, flashing of kernels, flashing of roms, unplugging of the battery, CWM attempted recovery (power off interrupted), bootloops, sony logo freezes and other similar.

At the moment I can only connect in flashmode with battery unplugged and thus I flashed stock rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2703651 and then I flashed doomlord's kernel http://doomlord.xperia-files.com/download.php?dlid=U1BfRG9vTUxvUkRfQWR2U3RrS2VybmVsX0ZXLTIwMV92MDI= in an attempt to access CWM recovery and take it from there.
Alas, when the battery is unplugged the phone won't boot into recovery it will only bootloop to the SONY logo and when the batery is plugged in it wont turn on at all.
With the battery plugged in and the charger plugged in as well I only get the red led. When the charger is unplugged and I press the power button i get two blinks of the red led and that's that. There was a moment that I got the charging screen without the red led when the phone was on the charger but it did not charge at all and I can't get it there again.

So to sum up: my phone will not charge and therefore will not turn on. I have now left it aside for its battery to totally die but how can I know when will that be?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest just flashing stock rom and let it charge for some hours (it might take a few hours for an empty battery to be able to boot the phone) if still not charging maybe use a different cable with highee voltage

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C5303 met Tapatalk

nistsio

May 15, 2014
I suggest just flashing stock rom and let it charge for some hours (it might take a few hours for an empty battery to be able to boot the phone) if still not charging maybe use a different cable with highee voltage

I have already flashed the latest stock rom along with doomlord's kernel. And now I am waiting for the battery to die.
I will follow your suggestion however and will plug it in straight away.
Will update you in a few hours.

Thanks.

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
I have already flashed the latest stock rom along with doomlord's kernel. And now I am waiting for the battery to die.
I will follow your suggestion however and will plug it in straight away.
Will update you in a few hours.

Thanks.

Maybe you should flash a stock kernel. I suspect you have a offlime charging backup which prevents you from charging with the phone off. I don't know whether doomlord's kernel has the bug or not

nistsio

May 15, 2014
Maybe you should flash a stock kernel. I suspect you have a offlime charging backup which prevents you from charging with the phone off. I don't know whether doomlord's kernel has the bug or not

Well the problem is that the only way to flash anything at the moment is to connect the phone to my pc with the battery unplugged and as I just re-assembled the device I will take my chances with the kernel.

"offline charging backup" ... what is this?

In terms of backups I have two of them in my external SD. One from CWM and one from Titanium.

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
Well the problem is that the only way to flash anything at the moment is to connect the phone to my pc with the battery unplugged and as I just re-assembled the device I will take my chances with the kernel.

"offline charging backup" ... what is this?

In terms of backups I have two of them in my external SD. One from CWM and one from Titanium.

I'm sorry. I meant bug, which autocorrect changed in backup haha

nistsio

May 15, 2014
I'm sorry. I meant bug, which autocorrect changed in backup haha

Ok. So; when I plugged in the device it gave me the annoying red led with no other response whatsoever.
After 8 hours (give or take) of charging I thought to check up on my phone again.

At first there was no red led! No led at all actually. I pressed the power button and I got the charging screen. I pressed it two times and both times it showed the charging screen. However; according to that screen the battery level is still at a minimum (red level).

I leave it be for a minute or two and somehow it then again glows the red led. The power button is totally unresponsive once again.

And a few minutes later it's back at the charging screen - power button combination.

Is is charging? Is it alive?
I am losing patience here...

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
Ok. So; when I plugged in the device it gave me the annoying red led with no other response whatsoever.
After 8 hours (give or take) of charging I thought to check up on my phone again.

At first there was no red led! No led at all actually. I pressed the power button and I got the charging screen. I pressed it two times and both times it showed the charging screen. However; according to that screen the battery level is still at a minimum (red level).

I leave it be for a minute or two and somehow it then again glows the red led. The power button is totally unresponsive once again.

And a few minutes later it's back at the charging screen - power button combination.

Is is charging? Is it alive?
I am losing patience here...

It looks like you're getting close. I suggest try charging with a cable that has higher voltage with a wall charger and just leave the phone be for the rest of the day

nistsio

May 15, 2014
It looks like you're getting close. I suggest try charging with a cable that has higher voltage with a wall charger and just leave the phone be for the rest of the day

Well the only "different" cable I found was a LG wall charger with 5.1V output instead of 5V that the original sony charger outputs and I am now using that one.

Other than that; we are still in the "red led" state and the device enjoys the silence.

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
Well the only "different" cable I found was a LG wall charger with 5.1V output instead of 5V that the original sony charger outputs and I am now using that one.

Other than that; we are still in the "red led" state and the device enjoys the silence.

Just leave it charging (; I think 0-10% gives a red light. From 11-89 it will give a orange light and 90-100 a green light

nistsio

May 15, 2014
Just leave it charging (; I think 0-10% gives a red light. From 11-89 it will give a orange light and 90-100 a green light

Somewhere 5,5 hours later the situation is the same.
But I think I found out how it changes from the red led to the charging screen.
When it is at the red led state the phone tries to boot on its own. It then freezes on the sony logo and turns off with no red led but with the charging screen enabled (on power button press). By the way the charging screen shows the same battery level (minimum). And some hour later it goes back to the red led.

I tried something else only moments ago. While the phone was at the "charging screen" state I pressed the power button. I got one vibrate and the phone attempted to boot. It went straight to the Xperia logo and then started the graphics. But after several repetitions of the graphics it turned off and went back to "red led" state.

Are we sure it is charging or that even the led will eventually change colours?
According to Toledo_JAB he waited 51 hours for his battery to dry out (while NOT plugged in) and then started to charge.

nistsio

May 15, 2014
The problem of ur charger is the mAh not the volt. I relief my phone with a 2000 mAh charger because the Sony charger have 800 mAh and made by me a red bootloop.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia SP

So what gives? I am currently leaving it aside (unplugged) for its battery to die out completely.
You say I should get a charger with more mAh and attempt to charge it?

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
So what gives? I am currently leaving it aside (unplugged) for its battery to die out completely.
You say I should get a charger with more mAh and attempt to charge it?

That's what the man says. Sorry for giving the advice. I too meant the mAh, just didn't know that wasn't called voltage

nistsio

May 15, 2014
Latest update:

1) I got a new charger of 1000 mAh (1 Ampere) which was the more powerful I could find.
2) In order to connect in flashmode I unplugged the battery and connected to my pc.
3) I then flashed the latest stock rom 12.1.A.1.201.
4) Then I plugged in my new charger.

So after about 16 hours of constant I get the following loop:

Red led --> momentarily green led --> bootloop on sony logo --> turn off --> no led and charging screen --> back to red led.

All of the above happen with the phone plugged in the charger with the charger on the mains socket and the charging screen appears when pressing on the power button and shows the same as before minimum (red) level of battery.

I really don't know what to make of it.

nistsio

May 15, 2014
U test to make a factory reset in stock recovery after u flash the tft?

Gesendet von meinem Xperia SP

How do I do that?

There is no recovery option on the stock ftf.

I had flashed the doomlord's advanced stock kernel in order to access the cwm recovery but it was then pointed out to me that the said kernel may include the offline charging bug.
So I flashed the stock ftf as I described earlier.

nistsio

May 15, 2014
No more...

Hello again!

After many MANY attempts I finally gave up on my phone.
I delivered it to an authorized sony service centre and waiting for (up to 10 working days!!!) a motherboard replacement.

By the way it's 148 euro.

Lovely.

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
Hello again!

After many MANY attempts I finally gave up on my phone.
I delivered it to an authorized sony service centre and waiting for (up to 10 working days!!!) a motherboard replacement.

By the way it's 148 euro.

Lovely.

You can buy a 2nd hand one for that money