• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Now when you say to just flash the lockscreen, do you mean this http://nabzilla.googlecode.com/files/CM-4213_CHM_BinaryReleaseLockscreen.zip ? Because I did and that does not help :(

Well... I'm not a coder or a rom dev so somebody else will have to take a look at your logcat because it's greek to me. Thanks for providing it though.

Did you go back to a pre-theme state (regular rom with no theme) and then flash the lockscreen mod?

If you've done that then it's not the modified apps in the theme and it eliminates possible problems. However just flashing the lockscreen mod over the theme that isn't working for you will more than likely not resolve your issue. The lockscreen mod is nothing but slightly modified jar files in the framework folder and a modified Settings.apk file. That is all it is. No apps are changed.

So if you flash back (or restore back) to the Cyanogen Rom 4.2.13 and then try flashing the lockscreen mod. This will give you most of the theme with exception of the launcher of a couple other modified apps HTC system apps.

Karolis

Jan 2, 2008
I think it's related to the fix you've done with Contacts.apk. I already had it fixed before applying the theme - maybe that's why it's happening? I solved the problem by taking Contacts.apk from CM thread and applying it again - works like a charm now. Thanks for the great theme!

I've also noticed one minor thing - icon selection is green, whereas widget selection is till orange. For example I use Gmail Unread Count widget and here's how it looks when selected:

EuQf3.png

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
I think it's related to the fix you've done with Contacts.apk. I already had it fixed before applying the theme - maybe that's why it's happening? I solved the problem by taking Contacts.apk from CM thread and applying it again - works like a charm now. Thanks for the great theme!

I've also noticed one minor thing - icon selection is green, whereas widget selection is till orange. For example I use Gmail Unread Count widget and here's how it looks when selected:

EuQf3.png

It's going to be orange because the select.png (or whatever it's called) is orange. That is the app not the theme. I can't do anything about that because it'll mean that I would have to edit your third party app. Third party app widgets such as message unread app and Gmail unread count app will have orange until the developers change it. Sorry.

Karolis

Jan 2, 2008
hey could you tell me what that is that puts the battery % in your notification bar? and does it take up a lot of resources? thanks yo

It's called Battery Status and it was pulled from the market because basically it copied what a paid app did. Someone was nice enough to upload it to XDA though (it's not warez!).

I've been using the app for quite a while now and I don't see that it would consume a lot of resources. It's best to try and see I guess.

Hosern1

Jan 24, 2010
Thank you for your help Binary and a greath theme.

I am now fully satisfied with the way my Magic looks.

Attachments

• 1264971367712.jpg
    1264971367712.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 10

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Binary100100 CHM Version for CM-4.2.14.1

Here is my version of the Community Hero Mix. This is not the official Nabzilla release. Always do a backup before doing any modifications to your device!
You will see the theme.theme in framework. Don't worry. It won't hurt your theme. This is for the Cyanogen Updater app (edit: finished uploading to updater app @ 0256 2/1/10.)
Enjoy!

change log:
removed all third party apps due to size restrictions that should allow all types of spl.

Also contains:
Advanced Launcher (optional)
Eclair icons
Stericson's Lockscreen (optional)
Per request, I modified the Stericson's Lockscreen battery indicator to stay green for an extended amount of time.
I also included the patch that Cyanogen mentioned for the Contacts.apk file
Blur animations!
Made an experimental MetaMorph version 4.2.14.1.
other minor changes
Also available on CM Updater app!

And of course I am not to be held liable for any damages that this may do to your phone, data or any kind of personal injuries. By clicking any links within this post you agree to the following:

"I accept the fact that if I do not know what I am doing or how to apply this modification then I will research first before asking any questions and will in no way shape or form hold anyone with the exception of myself liable for any damages that which may occur. I understand that I should do a backup prior to clicking and downloading any links and files within this post. I also understand that I am chosing on my own will to continue at my own risk."

Without Lockscreen with Advanced Launcher (modified 2/1/10 @ 0230 pst)
md5: 2ecce54affc503f0077781049fa99591
I understand the risks involved and shall not in any way hold anyone except for myself responsible for downloading and applying this CM 4.2.14.1 theme modification with the standard lockscreen with Advanced Launcher.

Without Lockscreen and without Advanced Launcher (modified 2/1/10 @ 0230 pst)
md5: a167029fc0f156aca3f822c51d1b3568
I understand the risks involved and shall not in any way hold anyone except for myself responsible for downloading and applying this CM 4.2.14.1 theme modification without Stericson's Lockscreen and without the Advanced Launcher.

Stericson's Lockscreen Update (modified 2/1/10 @ 0130 pst)
md5: e716b8ebd834821ed191c2b2c803de60
I understand the risks involved and shall not in any way hold anyone except for myself responsible for downloading and applying this CM 4.2.14.1 theme modification to add Stericson's Lockscreen.

Binary100100 Seven Screen Launcher Update(modified 2/1/10 @ 1253 pst)
md5: 422244a7bca0e0d9517a93da14a25a8d
I understand the risks involved and shall not in any way hold anyone except for myself responsible for downloading and applying this CM 4.2.14.1 theme modification to modify my Launcher.

2vvml94.png
2irviv9.png
29lcjme.png
ohq06a.jpg
2ezsi1i.png
farnn7.png
b4cn5w.png
9vdybl.png
2eyhsux.png
33w75lh.jpg

I am working an a Meta-Morph version. Test it out here:
METAMORPH BETA PROJECT!
Please make sure to make a nandroid backup prior to testing. Thanks.

Binary100100 CHM version for xROM Eclair 1.1

UPDATE @ 2/8/2010 0130
I modified the dialer to add some Hero green to it.
I replaced the old xRom dark status bar with the original one from Hero.
Couple other minor modificatons.

If you don't know what xROM Eclair 1.1 is then you're probably not getting out as much as you should.

I took an hour or two out of my slow night at work and made a Binary100100 CHM version and I used Nabzilla1990's version as a starting point.

I added Blur animations since it was such a popular request for CM CHM-4.2.14 and made a few adjustments to the framework. I didn't feel like changing up the status bar because the one that you see (or will see) is a .9.png file. I really hate those dreaded things.

I understand the risks involved and shall not in any way hold anyone except for myself responsible for downloading and installing the xROM Eclair 1.1 rom and that I have read the information and instructions pertaining to the rom before downloading. I will also direct all questions regarding the rom to the appropriate thread located here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5267953#post5267953 and I am aware that this is not a themed update file but an entire rom and that I mean the standards listed on the appropriate thread and made a nandroid backup prior to installing.

I AGREE! to the statement above and to hold only myself responsible for any negative results that this file may cause.
DOWNLOAD
2v3ggt4.png
126d749.png

2its9ed.png
25hzx35.png

t69isk.png
jajklv.png

Last edited:

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
CHM CM-4.2.14.1 Binary100100 Version Stats

Stats as of 2241 pst on Mar 2, 2010

Standard lockscreen w/ standard launcher downloads = 1306
Standard lockscreen w/ advanced launcher downloads = 1326
Stericson's Lockscreen Update = 989

Metamorph = 139

Total = 3,760

xRom 1.1 CHM Binary100100 Version 2 = 41

Stats as of 2241 pst on Mar 2, 2010 for CHM CM-4.3.13:

Standard lockscreen w/ standard launcher downloads = 529
Standard lockscreen w/ advanced launcher downloads = 678
Stericson's Lockscreen Update = 586

Metamorph = 53

Total = 1,846

Binary100100 Seven Screen Launcher = 50

Last edited:
Hey mang, how do I add just the steiricsson lock screen to your theme+regular launch after I've modified it?

I want to add just the lockscreen now cause if I do the theme+lockscreen from cm updater, it overwrites all my modifications to the framework.

It's probably been asked before but I'm waiting on my new battery before I do the extensive searching and thought maybe you could direct me to lockscreen dl or something if it's not any troubles...

UPDATE - Nevermind, I figured it out. Now I'm not wanting to update to the newest cm due to all the work I just did.

What exactly do you have to do to make your theme compatible with the newest cm? I don't know what it is you change for it to work.
For instance, when 4.12.xx came out, the theme worked fine until 4.2.13 came out and then I had to wait till you updated your theme.

This doesn't make sense to me. Will you please explain?

Last edited:

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
So I'm sure a lot of users are wearing out the refresh button on your browsers (or F5 key) waiting for the new theme. I'll try to get to it tonight. I checked twitter on my G1 and say that .14 was out. Yay! So I tried to download it and my computer wasn't connected to the internet. My roommates changed the damn security and I have to wait to get the new password. I can try to work on it a little tonight at work though (if I remember how... it's been so long. :p )
Thanks for letting us know you're working on it.

I like your theme so much, I'm actually going to hold off updating to CM .14.1 until your new version comes out! I'll be checking the Updater.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Hey mang, how do I add just the steiricsson lock screen to your theme+regular launch after I've modified it?

I want to add just the lockscreen now cause if I do the theme+lockscreen from cm updater, it overwrites all my modifications to the framework.

It's probably been asked before but I'm waiting on my new battery before I do the extensive searching and thought maybe you could direct me to lockscreen dl or something if it's not any troubles...

UPDATE - Nevermind, I figured it out. Now I'm not wanting to update to the newest cm due to all the work I just did.

What exactly do you have to do to make your theme compatible with the newest cm? I don't know what it is you change for it to work.
For instance, when 4.12.xx came out, the theme worked fine until 4.2.13 came out and then I had to wait till you updated your theme.

This doesn't make sense to me. Will you please explain?

There is a lot of changes when Cyanogen updates his rom I MUST update the theme as well. The reason that is is because if you just flash the old theme to a new rom you are almost removing any and all updates that were made to that rom. For instance... say Cyanogen adds the new contacts and phone applications. If you flash an older theme that has those apps then you are reverting to those previous versions. Make sense? Cyanogen is always changing things (most of the times for the better) so I have to port and update at least 25 apps in the system/app folder, sign each one that I do change, replace the png files in the framework, run the colorchanger bat script to add the white text, etc. There's a lot to it actually. And when Pershoot finishes the Stericson's Lockscreen mod that updates the framework-res files AGAIN and the Settings app in the system/app directory. So yeah... it's pretty time consuming at times. I'm dreading the 2.1 release. :(

Is this theme compatible with Rogers' radio? (3.22.20.17)

I wouldn't know... make a backup, try it, let us know.
If yes then good.
If not.... revert and report back.

Thanks for letting us know you're working on it.

I like your theme so much, I'm actually going to hold off updating to CM .14.1 until your new version comes out! I'll be checking the Updater.

Here is a beta of 4.2.14.1
I HAVE NOT FLASHED IT YET!!!!! I haven't even tested it!!!!
It's a finished port but I can't promise results. It was done pretty quickly (45 minutes between jobs).
Try and and let me know.

MAKE A FREAKING BACKUP FIRST PEOPLE!!!!!!!

http://nabzilla.googlecode.com/files/CM-42141_CHM_BinaryRelease+RegLaunchBETA.zip

Ok. I understand.

I'm just looking for a way to not have to do all the tedious work on reworking my framework to have it be compatible with the new. I want to just leave it alone once it's done but from what you have just described, this is not possible.

But on the bright side of things, Android is always evolving in more ways than one and this is one of those evolutions. It's just that this evolution evolves a lot more than the rest of android.

Thanks for the explanation...

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Binary100100 CHM Version for CM-4.2.14.1

4.2.14.1 seems pretty stable.
About to release out of beta.
Refer to top of the page.

EDIT:

AH CRAP! I FORGOT TO ADD THE BLUR ANIMATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN SUCH A POPULAR REQUEST.
GIVE ME A TICK.

Last edited:

Karolis

Jan 2, 2008
I keep getting 404 error when trying to download the file and also it's not available on CM Updater :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think that Metamorph worked for any of them. I need someone to take a look at it. It may work with individual files... but to apply all doesn't work for some reason.
    I haven't tried your Metamorph, but I'm talking in general. I've never been successful in applying "framework-res.apk." I always get stuck at the welcome screen animation, reboot, home screen, empty, and errors keep coming. It's the same as when you change system permissions to read-only. I haven't tried applying the kernel after a Metamorph though. That might solve it.