[ROM][22-MAR][4.0.3] ICS Euphoria RC2.1 - Enter into new galaxy!

Search This thread

rationalmind

Jan 2, 2012
Phoenix
What is everybody's battery stat? I get 41% on Android OS. Is this normal? I saw somebody has only 25% on this. How can I reduce it?

Sent from my ice cream sandwich

serendipityguy

Oct 9, 2010
Sunny, CA
And there is another BUG Sync Settings pre populated again

Been seeing some of the same problems since coming from Passion v12. I'll see actual battery drainage while charging. Essentially, its using power faster than it can acquire. Not sure what's keeping it from sleeping yet. Android OS is biggest battery user for me today.

I put it on charger last night at about 60%, woke up and it was 20%

I really like the speed of this rom, but have considered going back to Passion or trying another ICS variant if I can't figure out the cause.

To be fair, Passion also seemed to have a bad battery drain for me, in this case I could avoid it by not opening Facebook. If I had to get on FB for any amount of time, I'd reboot immediately after. If I didn't, I'd be down to 0% from full in less than 3 hours.

Yes, that sounds fair, It could have been some weird in the middle of the night app that sucks the battery dry. Back in the 2.2 days, I had many apps. I went to town on these app. Then I found out that these puppies drain the battery and use data even when they are no in use.

So then it was not cool to have 150 apps installed on the phone, especially those news readers that sync in the back ground and other energy wasting apps that I do not use, were simply un installed and left at the market under the my tabs, my apps.

Right now I keep my apps down to 75, and if I have not used an app in a 1 week span, that app will get removed.

Then there is configuration management, which goes beyond the scope of the thread, but when it comes to sync'ing apps - If you dont need it, dont sync it.
Like in the Systems settings >> Account & Sync >> your email@gmail.com

touch and select your email on that account and notice the data sync options that are pre-populated such as.

• Sync Browser
  • Sync Clendar
  • Sync Chrome Beta
  • Sync Contacts
  • Sync Gmail
  • Sync Google-Photos
  • Sync Music

And there is another BUG Sync Settings pre populated again. After I unselect some of the SYNC settings, then later install Google chrome they are pre populated. All of them.. So there are some concerns that you should be aware of. I dont use FaceBook, so there is no point of my sync'ing that service. Because that all that sync'ing in the back ground is draining the battery.

Some of the news apps are guilty as well. There is that BBC news apps that sync in the back ground and there was not option to shut it off.

the Geni widget is nice because it gives you the option to sync that news data in the back ground or to not to sync at all.

there are alot of way of sync'ing and skinning a cat.
If there are some others that are draining your battery and I missed it, please oh please tell.

Cheers.

Hoped this help.

Reactions: Woody and xriderx66

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
I could swear there was a battery guide somewhere around here talking about Widgets and apps that sync. ;);)

Sorry I have been away most of the day but my tablet got official ICS today and have been messing and restoring all day. I couldn't read the posts fast enough.

Needless to say, it was a low productivity day at work today. How about this for irony? My job's security won't let us have phones or tablets/ereaders at our desks but somehow I have been able to bypass the firewall and post in XDA all day long.

Reactions: ebpfdane

Big Dog KMc

May 11, 2010
What is everybody's battery stat? I get 41% on Android OS. Is this normal? I saw somebody has only 25% on this. How can I reduce it?

Sent from my ice cream sandwich

It is the android system running and perhaps an app/apps is causing it to run more.

I use k-9 E-mail running 11 accounts + the Gmail running.

No Face Book, No Twitter, No News feeds, Nothing.

I noticed that when I first Flashed Euphoria, I did not have K-9 installed for the first day ( I like to test the base rom first. Only Gmail. ) That number was around 4-8.

I stay between 18-25 regularly.

Plus when I use the phone allot more than usual.
Games, Web browsing, Music, timers, You Tube..... It goes up close to 35.

davidisflash

Dec 20, 2008
Chandler, AZ
battery guide

A good battery guide (post #2 is my favorite):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1198333

Using Glitch v14 B5 and Euphoria RC1, after one calibration cycle, I consistently get 20-24 hours or so out of the battery with medium use (BT and wifi always on, data always on, lot of texting, BT music). The kernel is wicked smooth (haven't seen lag yet in days) and great battery on glitchass govenor.

Big Dog KMc

May 11, 2010

Using Glitch v14 B5 and Euphoria RC1, after one calibration cycle, I consistently get 20-24 hours or so out of the battery with medium use (BT and wifi always on, data always on, lot of texting, BT music). The kernel is wicked smooth (haven't seen lag yet in days) and great battery on glitchass govenor.

How does the GPS work with this Kernel??

rationalmind

Jan 2, 2012
Phoenix

What are the features of kernel Kiss v2.2? And what is really the different between these two kernel?

With the newest Kiss, my phone drains only 1%-2% during the whole night (that how deep sleep supposed to be, right?) I flashed the Icy Glitch before, but had problem with CWM, specifically the whole nandroid backup/restore issue.

I thought it was due to the Icy Glitch kernel so I flashed it back to Kiss. However, it appeared to be the same problem with Kiss. So my phone has no nandroid backup right now, don't want to flash anything crazy just in case of screwing up. (Going through the whole flashing process from Odin to stock to ICS is really a pain for me).

It would be nice if anyone can give me a comparison between Glitch and Kiss v2.2 in term of battery life.

By the way, may I ask what your voltage setting is? (for UV) Thanks.

closedcircuit

Jan 25, 2012
New Bug: No Data Connection on Reboot

I have searched this thread already and haven't found any reference to it, but did find a reference in the Passion thread, but I think there maybe a bug in the Kiss 2.2 kernel. Upon reboot sometimes "Enable Mobile Data" checkbox gets unticked, and needs to be re-enabled on start.

burntrat

Sep 17, 2010
I have searched this thread already and haven't found any reference to it, but did find a reference in the Passion thread, but I think there maybe a bug in the Kiss 2.2 kernel. Upon reboot sometimes "Enable Mobile Data" checkbox gets unticked, and needs to be re-enabled on start.

I have something similar to this. When I open up Phone Info to force 3g or 2g, it automatically disconnects data now. I can switch to 2g fairly quickly, but it is real difficult to get on 3g sometimes. I would set network type to WCMDA only, Edge would disconnect, HSDPA:9 would show up as network type, but doesn't fully connect under GPRS service. It just says Disconnected. I turn data off/on and rarely works. I have to turn the radio fully off/on and it'll work, sometimes. Is there a more efficient way to force 2g or 3g? I tried Power Saver once and I never got connection until a reboot.

anthonys2r

Jul 19, 2008
U gotta go to the messaging app press menu/settings then scroll down till u see notifications then under that it should say vibrate usually on never by default u can change it from there

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Trust me, first thing I go through when I flash a rom is the settings and it doesn't work, at least for me. ..and I've flashed this rom twice too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Team Passion

P R E S E N T S

ICS EUPHORIA
    bold. beautiful. beyond smart.

ICS Euphoria is based on AOKP ROM by Team Kang.
    Credits goes to them for providing useful framework. Refer below post for their donation link.

Message from Team Passion:​

We thank everyone involved in our journey with ICS Passion and no, it's not over but an new era has began.
    Our Vision is to keep ICS Passion more customisable and future awaits for that.
    However, with ICS Euphoria build from AOKP source and integrated many features of Passion (but not customization of Passion) we intend to keep ICS Euphoria a beautiful ROM resembling stock ICS in many ways.
    At the same time, providing control to YOU to customize way you like! Please note, this is not a PORT but a ROM build for Vibrant from source!!!
    Last but not least, ICS Ecstasy will be developed soon and it will be based on MIUIv4.

Here are some screenshots, however you will discover more in this entire new world.

screenshot2012021813140.png
    screenshot2012021813201.png

The customizable notification pull-down.

screenshot2012021813141.png
    screenshot2012021813144.png
    screenshot2012021813170.png
    screenshot2012021813152.png

Many options to discover the potential of Euphoria... Thanks to the Custom Control Panel Developed by TeamKang (http://forum.aokp.co/)

screenshot2012021813180.png
    screenshot2012021813182.png
    screenshot2012021813183.png
    screenshot2012021813184.png

Yes, you can customize lockscreen too... duo, quad, octo... choose your option of lockscreen icons! even horizonal orientation possible for lockscreen.

screenshot2012021813195.png
    screenshot2012021813190.png

The one of other best things of Euphoria is highly customized and optimized Apex/Euphoria Launcher.

screenshot2012021813203.png
    screenshot2012021813204.png

• Weather Control Notification Panel
    • Optional Navigation Bar
    • Device Specific Settings: Color, TV Out, etc
    • Fully customizable UI
    • Zip aligning of all apps that YOU install on every boot.
    • Auto database optimization
    • Superior RAM management
    • Super smooth
    • Working GPS. Remember who brought GPS for ICS on Vibrant ?
    • Mute/Unmute Fix (not confirmed)
    • Latest Gapps and handy apps
    • FB Sync
    • Many more to be listed later.

ICS Kiss Kernel v5.1 (CWM) [default]
    ICS Kiss Kernel v5.1 (Touch Recovery)

Old Version:

ROMS:
    Download RC2 + Mirrors
    Download RC1 + Mirrors

KERNELS:

ICS Kiss Kernel v5 (CWM) [default]
    ICS Kiss Kernel v5 (Touch Recovery)

None.

Same as ICS Passion but YOU NEED TO WIPE DATA EVEN IF YOU COMING FROM RC1

If you upgrading from RC2 to RC2.1, no need to wipe data. Simply flash over it.

RC2.1 (22-MAR)
    • Updated Kernel to Kiss v5.1
    • ROM Freq set to 200 MHz to 1000 MHz i.e. Removed O.C. by default.
    • Kernel: Fixed headphone 3 button toggles
    • Kernel: Fixed Wifi issues
    • Kernel: Much faster locks on GPS as tested
    RC2 (21-MAR)
    • External SD Card can be mounted now.
    • Revised scripts
    • New Kernel ICS Kiss v5
    • Updated and optimized framework
    • New Gapps and other apps updated
    • DSP Manager fixed
    • Other minor tweaks

RC1 (18-FEB)
    Initial Release.

Stay updated! Join us on FACEBOOK.
    When connected to PC.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

You can grab my framework and services from ICZen and diff the files to fix that. You will need the framework-res and services.jar. In framewrok-res its one edit to storage_list.xml in the res/xml folder, and I also removed the string for umslunfile and its public.xml entry.

In services, its all the smali code inside the \com\android\server\usb folder, jsut replace whats in yours with whats in mine, and then in the \com\android\server folder, just take all of the MountService... smali files (all 20 somthing of them) and replace the ones in your services.jar

Recompile both, and that should fix external usb mounting for you.
    Git repository
    https://github.com/ngiordano

ICS Kiss V3 (kernel)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mm9hl1ma4d382w2
    -Voice audio through dock
    -Fixed BLN
    -Adjusted wifi for stability
    -OC to 1500 (Many devices will not run this high, but it's there for the adventurous. apps could close unexpectadly and your phone may freeze and rebbot. Be sure to uncheck set on boot in NSTools before trying. Use at own risk)
    -Governor adjustments

I am coming from ICS Passion. Do I need to WIPE ?
    A:
    Yes, you need to wipe.

I can't get adequate GPS Locks, what should I do ?
    A:
    Try FasterFix App from market, set location to CHINA and reboot. Also try our updated ICS Kiss kernels.