[HELP] PC not detecting my Asus TF300TG

Search This thread

jaffer707

Mar 11, 2009
Some days ago i flashed CROMI-x 5.2.2 on my ASUS tf300tg... after some days i tried to transfer some files to my tab via USB data cable from my PC,,,, but my pc did not detect anything even no pop up in windows device manager, next day i bought new data cable but still same issue.. even though i have tried on several Pcs,, win 7/xp everything but nothing to see... My tab is as new ... Charging is perfect so there is nothing wrong with the USB port. All sorts of Asus drivers i have tried but still no luck.....today i managed to factory reset but still the same problem.....now root and TWRP both gone :crying:.......Any solution please

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Some days ago i flashed CROMI-x 5.2.2 on my ASUS tf300tg... after some days i tried to transfer some files to my tab via USB data cable from my PC,,,, but my pc did not detect anything even no pop up in windows device manager, next day i bought new data cable but still same issue.. even though i have tried on several Pcs,, win 7/xp everything but nothing to see... My tab is as new ... Charging is perfect so there is nothing wrong with the USB port. All sorts of Asus drivers i have tried but still no luck.....today i managed to factory reset but still the same problem.....now root and TWRP both gone :crying:.......Any solution please

It sounds like it's a windows driver issue mate. Remove the asus drivers and install the naked drivers found on xda. I think they are up to version 0.73 now.

Also CROMi-X 5.2.2 is old. Please upgrade to 5.3 once you get the drivers sorted.

jaffer707

Mar 11, 2009
Well Dear,, I have tried this too, but still no progress ,, As i have described that my pc does not show any popup while attaching the USB, even nothing comes in Device manager,,, neither in Bootloader.
Honestly I am eager to Flash your CROMi-X 5.3 but i got the hurdle of this USB mess,,Before it was CROMi-X 5.2.2 in my ASUS tab...

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
If it is not the cable and you are sure that you installed the right USB drivers, it could be your PC USB port or (worst case) your tablet.
I am afraid you have to keep trying: use another USB port in your PC, use another PC, ...

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

jaffer707

Mar 11, 2009
However,,,one developer told me to flashing kernel may solve this problem...well i am on Stock Rom ww 10.6.2.11... and i have downloaded 10.6.2.11 KERNEL .....now any one can explain how to flash it with usb Support????

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
However,,,one developer told me to flashing kernel may solve this problem...well i am on Stock Rom ww 10.6.2.11... and i have downloaded 10.6.2.11 KERNEL .....now any one can explain how to flash it with usb Support????

You can't flash the kernel like that. That is the source code. Either use my kernel flasher from the CROMi-X thread post 2 to change kernels or you'll have to flash the Asus stock firmware. It includes the kernel blob which will get flashed at the time.

IMO it is unlikely flashing the kernel will fix your issue but you can try it and find out yourself :) It's much more likely to be your PC.

jaffer707

Mar 11, 2009
You can't flash the kernel like that. That is the source code. Either use my kernel flasher from the CROMi-X thread post 2 to change kernels or you'll have to flash the Asus stock firmware. It includes the kernel blob which will get flashed at the time.

IMO it is unlikely flashing the kernel will fix your issue but you can try it and find out yourself :) It's much more likely to be your PC.

As far as your roms are concerned,,,,i found them Best!!!!! comparing other Customized Roms for TF300TG....absolutely bug free.. and lots of good things....Installation Wizard is tremendous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :good:...

Regarding my issue it is clear now, that Stock rom does not need separate Kernels.
Now i want to get rid out of this USB problem.....As far my ability is concerned,,, you may call me "developing developer",, As couple months ago i unbricked one of my friend's TF300, through fastboot commands ( erase commands) in few seconds ,, That TF300 was stuck on boot logo...due to wrong firmware flashing....Even the Asus service center here in Pakistan quoted him for motherboard replacement. later on i flashed exact firmware,, Recovery, Root and then your CROMI-X rom and CROMI-X colour theme.....:good:

Just now i plugged his tab with "my" cable on "my" pc.....it detected in seconds:confused:
why not mine:confused::crying:

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
As far as your roms are concerned,,,,i found them Best!!!!! comparing other Customized Roms for TF300TG....absolutely bug free.. and lots of good things....Installation Wizard is tremendous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :good:...

Regarding my issue it is clear now, that Stock rom does not need separate Kernels.
Now i want to get rid out of this USB problem.....As far my ability is concerned,,, you may call me "developing developer",, As couple months ago i unbricked one of my friend's TF300, through fastboot commands ( erase commands) in few seconds ,, That TF300 was stuck on boot logo...due to wrong firmware flashing....Even the Asus service center here in Pakistan quoted him for motherboard replacement. later on i flashed exact firmware,, Recovery, Root and then your CROMI-X rom and CROMI-X colour theme.....:good:

Just now i plugged his tab with "my" cable on "my" pc.....it detected in seconds:confused:
why not mine:confused::crying:

Don't know - very odd. What are you running on your tab currently?

jaffer707

Mar 11, 2009
Don't know - very odd. What are you running on your tab currently?

Well.....Latest JB stock rom in on my Tab,,,bootloader is unlocked...charging ,,,apps,,,everything is perfect except USB:crying:

Well I heard in Q&A forum that motochopper can root over WIFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
will it be possible.???????????
if yes then what will be the method????
Can you explain me in details,,,how to do it over wifi....though i have tried it before but not get through

My Desktop pc is cabled with adsl WIFI modem and my ASUS TF300Tg is on WIFI on same modem.

it happened like that :

[*]
[*] Motochopper: Android root exploit (Windows version)
[*] v1.0
[*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
[*]
[*] Tested on the Motorola Razr HD, Razr M, Razr Maxx HD, and Atrix HD.
[*] Supports lots of other devices as well. ;)
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure that USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest USB drivers installed, and that your phone
[*] is connected via USB.
[*]
[*] WARNING: This will likely void the warranty on your device. I am
[*] not responsible for any damage to your phone as a result using this
[*] tool.
[*]
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
DNS name does not exist.

[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

that's it......

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
First you have to enable TCP mode for ADB on your tablet in developer options ("ADB over network"). It is a big security risk, if you are not in your own WLAN, so it is disabled by default. Will also automatically be disabled on next reboot.

Then you need to connect the daemon on your PC:
adb tcpip YOUR_TABLET_IP

Once the adb daemon is connected, try running motochopper. It should work, though I never tried myself.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

jaffer707

Mar 11, 2009
I could'nt find "TCP mode for ADB" on TF300TG settings in developer options... where it is???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Linux

Go get Linux and all your problems will melt away...:silly: