Anker 2050mAh extended battery (same back cover)

Search This thread

elbarto7

Oct 12, 2010
Springfield
Just got mine. Fits perfectly. I don't know why the seller state it's not compatible with t989 :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

daihung1

Jan 30, 2012
I've been using this for more than two weeks now. I alternate between this one and the original samsung battery. I don't use the phone to charge my batteries anymore. Like I said before and one other poster stated as well, this battery work as good as the original one if not slightly better. It does sit on 100% for like 3 to 4 hours than drops. I really like the charger. If you are driving and has a car charger, you can plug it in the mini usb and charge the battery instead of using the phone.

I wonder whether the phone or the anker charger does a better job of charging the battery. They both should have some kind of overcharge protection right?

YourAntic

Jan 7, 2012
Houston
I've been using this for more than two weeks now. I alternate between this one and the original samsung battery. I don't use the phone to charge my batteries anymore. Like I said before and one other poster stated as well, this battery work as good as the original one if not slightly better. It does sit on 100% for like 3 to 4 hours than drops. I really like the charger. If you are driving and has a car charger, you can plug it in the mini usb and charge the battery instead of using the phone.

I wonder whether the phone or the anker charger does a better job of charging the battery. They both should have some kind of overcharge protection right?

i would like to know the same thing, i just recived my set up today in the mail, and currently i am charging one of the batteries through the charger and the other one through my phone.

i am confused on as to what the USB connections provide? i can leave the battery in there and charge my phone through there?

stupid question does the charger hold a charge or are the USB connections to charge the phone....confused on that part.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused::confused::confused:

ZDoubleZ

Apr 23, 2011
<<<BEST>>>

This is 1000 x better than the stock battery i used it more than a day even thought i play game alot
recomended

YourAntic

Jan 7, 2012
Houston
This is 1000 x better than the stock battery i used it more than a day even thought i play game alot
recomended

i agree! x100000

I ran Battery Offender for close to an hour and only manage to bring it down from 92% to 72% at which point i gave up....

I am beginning to believe that my OEM battery was a dud, in the last month or two months I'd be lucky if it lasted me longer than 5 hours at moderate usage....with one hour of above average usage.

so far I've only used this battery for half a day, but so far i love it and tomorrow i'll test it to the max while at work :D :eek: not even bringing a charger! [will however bring a back up battery, just in case lol] :D

rfail1988

Jul 22, 2011
I recommend this battery. Im getting better than average life as expected with no ill side effects. Percentage readouts work the same as stock bettery and dont give the funky 100% hold then rapid drain like some are reporting.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

YourAntic

Jan 7, 2012
Houston
I recommend this battery. Im getting better than average life as expected with no ill side effects. Percentage readouts work the same as stock bettery and dont give the funky 100% hold then rapid drain like some are reporting.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

i agree completely! much better than OEM and honestly better than i expected.after reading.this thread.completly, i will post my stats later as well.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

jeffreystrazz

Apr 29, 2012
Miami
Awesome! Ever since these ics roms I've been charging my phone at least twice daily. :eek:

btw will NFC work with these batteries?

Last edited:

YourAntic

Jan 7, 2012
Houston
Awesome! Ever since these ics roms I've been charging my phone at least twice daily. :eek:

btw will NFC work with these batteries?

i dont believe so, as it.isnt stated anywhere on the description. then again in Texas where i live there arent any NFC uses. so that doesn't really matter to me. great battery

glhs509

Oct 9, 2005
Chicago
i would like to know the same thing, i just recived my set up today in the mail, and currently i am charging one of the batteries through the charger and the other one through my phone.

i am confused on as to what the USB connections provide? i can leave the battery in there and charge my phone through there?

stupid question does the charger hold a charge or are the USB connections to charge the phone....confused on that part.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused::confused::confused:
...Here you can save money by buying two batteries + the universal Anker battery charger[/url]. The charger can charge almost any smartphone battery by lining up the metal contacts properly. It can take power by plugging it in a wall outlet or by a USB cable connected to a PC or wall outlet. It can also charge a phone by connecting a micro USB cable from it to the phone. So you can charge two batteries at once.
see above

Reactions: YourAntic

cKy

Mar 15, 2006
Stupid Amazon USA not shipping to Canada. Anyone know of any places that will ship to Canada for this? Don't use eBay so preferably not that - although it maybe my only option @ this point.

karendar

Aug 9, 2010
Montreal
Stupid Amazon USA not shipping to Canada. Anyone know of any places that will ship to Canada for this? Don't use eBay so preferably not that - although it maybe my only option @ this point.

Amazon or ebay only, your best bet is to open an ebay account. ;) They sell to Canada...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-Anker-T-mo...676128?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4cff5b1e60

If you have paypal, it doesn't take long to open an account and buy... And this is straight from the supplier

Reactions: cKy

jeffreystrazz

Apr 29, 2012
Miami
battery lasts wayyyyyy longer than stock for me. I'm running nexus mod 3.8.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-05-23-34-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-05-23-34-58.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 393

phoenix6

Jul 22, 2010
Texas
i dont believe so, as it.isnt stated anywhere on the description. then again in Texas where i live there arent any NFC uses. so that doesn't really matter to me. great battery

I'm in Houston, TX and I bought some shoes at foot locker last night and they were accepting Google wallet payments via NFC, other than that you're right, haven't seen it anywhere else lol.

I've been drinking, Amazon app +one click ordering = It's on Its way... why? idk. Looks promising.

synenergy52

Oct 24, 2011
just ordered one of these... we'll see how it goes. I'm concerned about what happens once it reaches 100% while i'm sleeping...

glhs509

Oct 9, 2005
Chicago
just ordered one of these... we'll see how it goes. I'm concerned about what happens once it reaches 100% while i'm sleeping...
Don't be concerned...the charger light merely changes from red to a cool purple/blue after reaching 100% :)

FYI: The battery's "manual" states the following:

"2. Please do not charge the battery over 24 hours, overcharging may shorten its lifetime. Unplug the charger after use."

So unless you get that much sleep, I wouldn't worry...

Top Liked Posts