[ROM][I605]Official Nightlies CM11.0[KTU84P][4.4.4]

Search This thread

CuedUp

Nov 10, 2010

Sorry forgot to mention I'm using Dalvik. Never toggled ART at all.

I'm also seeing enormous battery drain. Like took it off the charger 3.5 hrs ago and down to 79% battery w/ 30min of screen on and no heavy usage. BBS and Wakelock Detector aren't compatible with 4.4 yet so I can't drill down to specifics, but the culprit appears to be Google Services.

I did have High Accuracy Location Mode set. I just switched to Battery Saving to see if it makes a difference. Google Location Reporting and History are on, because I find their Google Now integration useful and I'd hate to lose it.

This was a clean wipe from a TW 4.1.2 ROM. Used latest CWM. I did restore some user apps + data from TiBu. I'm considering trying a full wipe and reinstall tonight, or possibly just going back to a 4.3 ROM for a little while. Loving 4.4 but this battery drain has been frustrating.

idiotzach15

Apr 7, 2012
Laurel, MD
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6
well, It appears I still don't actually have root permissions. Even from a root adb shell, though I do have a #, I cannot modify system files. I obviously also cannot do so through the phone itself. When I open SuperSU now I'm prompted with an error that says there is NO su binary installed, and it cannot install it. I flashed SuperSU through cwm, so anyone have any ideas on what's going on here?

nosit1

May 19, 2010
Arizona
well, It appears I still don't actually have root permissions. Even from a root adb shell, though I do have a #, I cannot modify system files. I obviously also cannot do so through the phone itself. When I open SuperSU now I'm prompted with an error that says there is NO su binary installed, and it cannot install it. I flashed SuperSU through cwm, so anyone have any ideas on what's going on here?

Have tried running SuperSU then run the update through cwm?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011

Had a similar issue, there is an option in superSU to respect cm root setting. However is does not seem to work, only work around I've found is to leave root on in cm settings and then I can get supersu to work. Otherwise I get the same error

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Dwnhiller

Nov 7, 2010
buckley
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Can someone explain the advantages of ART? I'm considering trying it out but it seems to cause compatibility issue according to some of the forum posts I have read. Thanks for all the help and this amazing ROM BTW..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: forrestcate

admiral70

Dec 15, 2006
Finally have recent apps again, thanks for this workaround.

Update: retraining myself to longpress home instead of hitting menu is harder than I expected.

Is it possible to remap home button like this instead of menu button?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Got to say, just hit 24 hrs with cm11... Saw a few battery posts and I have to say... If I can go a day without charging that's good battery life for me.
So far 15 hrs uptime and 4 hr and 37mins of screen on time with 20% left is darn good

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

FitchVA

Aug 28, 2012
Question - when I try to edit the file needed to modify the long press on a capacitive button show the recent apps, I cannot edit the file. Well I can edit it, but it won't save.

I was using ES File Explorer.

The Root Checker Basic app verifies root access.

The Terminal Emulator only gives me a $ prompt when I open it up.

I flashed SuperSU (v 1.69) from Clockwork Mod Recovery (and ES File Explorer is listed with permissions)

I have Root Access set to "Apps and ADB" in the system settings.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Dwnhiller

Nov 7, 2010
buckley
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Question - when I try to edit the file needed to modify the long press on a capacitive button show the recent apps, I cannot edit the file. Well I can edit it, but it won't save.

I was using ES File Explorer.

The Root Checker Basic app verifies root access.

The Terminal Emulator only gives me a $ prompt when I open it up.

I flashed SuperSU (v 1.69) from Clockwork Mod Recovery (and ES File Explorer is listed with permissions)

I have Root Access set to "Apps and ADB" in the system settings.

Any ideas?

What file are you trying to edit?

Sent from i605 running 4.4 via CM11

G1
Droid
Galaxy Nexus

admiral70

Dec 15, 2006
I am sure I don't see the post and apologize.

My dial-pad won't work when checking VM. Suggestions appreciated.

jcfitz

Sep 16, 2012
Bear
I get an error when I try mobile hotspot, but Bluetooth tethering works just fine.

I do lose phone, data, and GAPPS when I restore from backup. A simple dirty flash of the ROM and GAPPS zip fixes both of those issues, though.

Also, I get stuck in boot loop when switching to ART, so I must have an app that doesn't like it; unless I should wait longer than 5 minutes when rebooting after switching to ART.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

PreReqs: Unlocked Bootloader

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note 2 I605, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11.0:
    - Copy CM11.0 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

BUG LIST
    -BT Voice Search

[Nightlies] http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i605

[GAPPS 4.4] http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps#Downloads

Change log http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/i605/next

Source http://github.com/CyanogenMod
    be on the lookout for a cm12 thread in the next week ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
    Almost there. Accelerometer, light, gyro, barometer, and prox sensors are working. Need to fix gravity, linear accel, magnetic, and orientation. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
    update OP with a new build. L900 is coming next.
    new build up. Probably last one before I push for nightlies.