How to Detach an App from the Playstore

Search This thread

Ls1ssz28

Oct 30, 2011
Charleston
I've used an older version of Twitter for awhile, one that allows you to still link your contacts... But it always bothered me that it would still show up on my app list and would sometimes ask to be updated (the newer versions removed the contact sync)... But even with apps installed from Amazon or Samsung it would show up in the playstore list.

Titanium backup used to work for detaching apps from the old Android market but since it updated to playstore it was only temporary. After browsing all over the Web I found a permanent fix.

Go to the playstore and install an app called zip signer.

1)choose the apk for the app you want to remove
2)use the default settings
3)BAM! The new installed app will no longer be linked to the playstore

Twitter is no longer shown in the playstore as being on my phone and hasn't show back up for over a week.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've used an older version of Twitter for awhile, one that allows you to still link your contacts... But it always bothered me that it would still show up on my app list and would sometimes ask to be updated (the newer versions removed the contact sync)... But even with apps installed from Amazon or Samsung it would show up in the playstore list.

Titanium backup used to work for detaching apps from the old Android market but since it updated to playstore it was only temporary. After browsing all over the Web I found a permanent fix.

Go to the playstore and install an app called zip signer.

1)choose the apk for the app you want to remove
    2)use the default settings
    3)BAM! The new installed app will no longer be linked to the playstore

Twitter is no longer shown in the playstore as being on my phone and hasn't show back up for over a week.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium