Text rendering bug? (Moto G/KitKat 4.4.2)

Search This thread

GravityMan77

Feb 22, 2014
Font/text rendering bug??

With the moto G, a few users (incl. myself) have noticed screen font rendering issue (of which I definitely did not notice before KitKat).

It seems as if text is garbled (ever so slightly) with some words with artefacts around the letters....

Anyone else notice something like that? Its noticeable in any webpage, Google play books or even Google Now Results....Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

nishyt

Nov 1, 2011
Mumbai
entranced.in

With the moto G, a few users (incl. myself) have noticed screen font rendering issue (of which I definitely did not notice before KitKat).

It seems as if text is garbled (ever so slightly) with some words with artefacts around the letters....

Anyone else notice something like that? Its noticeable in any webpage, Google play books or even Google Now Results....Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

It has happened to me a few times too. Usually its the text under the icons on the home screen, but today all the icons in the launcher's app drawer had garbled text, but the rest of it seemed fine. Restarting the phone fixed it.
It's happened with both - Dalvik and ART, so i guess maybe that's not the issue.

sshrikant

May 17, 2014
icon text garbled

Thanks

is this a display graphic card issue? any permanent soln. to resolve pls. After exiting a game I too noticed this on my motog. Have not yet tried to restart the phone. Any technical resolution pls.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-17-08-43-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-17-08-43-32.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 177

algarvemotog

May 18, 2014
same problem

I buy an moto g onde moth ago and I have the same problem ..
Is this a bug from android kit kat at moto g phones or in all kit kat from Motorola ?