[ROM] |Glazed JellyBean|V2.1|Android 4.1.2|Speed|Stability|Features|10-28-12

Search This thread

Atamagaokashii

Nov 8, 2009
My first ROM was glazed... I went to bamf but I wold gladly come back ^_^ the only thing that annoyed me was the status icons.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: clusterchuck

Josh98

Sep 7, 2012
Anyone got some screens of this? Haven't modded at all yet and this looks most interesting to me, would like to see it before I go root first though.

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I' m getting an "Unfortunately the clock has stopped " pop up notification. Anything I can do to stop this happening? :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Edit: Found a fix

Last edited:

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
"Unfortunately, System UI has stopped"

I am currently trying out Glazed Jelly Bean which I really like. I have one slight problem: I get this pop up saying "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped". Nothing actually happens and the device carries on functioning perfectly. Is there a way of fixing this? Using the emulator perhaps? Or do I have to do a clean install, which I'd rather avoid? Thanks for any help! [Using Nexus 7]

mazubo

Jun 24, 2011
OnePlus 8
I am currently trying out Glazed Jelly Bean which I really like. I have one slight problem: I get this pop up saying "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped". Nothing actually happens and the device carries on functioning perfectly. Is there a way of fixing this? Using the emulator perhaps? Or do I have to do a clean install, which I'd rather avoid? Thanks for any help! [Using Nexus 7]

Have you tried fixing permissions yet? You can do so by either opening up Rom manager app if you have it and click on fix permissions. Or, boot into recovery, and you'll find the fix permissions option.

Fixing permissions is something I do after flashing a new Rom......

I hope that helps!

Reactions: StrangerWeather

fredy915

Apr 17, 2011
You know its pretty incredible that this ROM has actually gotten this far, even with development stopped. This is the most viewed ROM for the Nexus 7. Support and development still continues even after i have left, by people who like this ROM so much that decide to contribute to the thread. I just want to say Thank You for making this ROM #1, to show my gratitude for everyone that supports my thread i have created something awesome that i can throw in the AlienDroid ROM. I know i keep on teasing with new features, but i promise you guys its worth the wait. Besides its just around the corner :D

I will try to compile a list of people here on XDA that have donated to me, and you will be in the About section of AlienMods. (In big letters :)). If you have donated please PM your email address so i can add you.

P.S. - Yes i know i wanted to make this the 1000 post on this thread.

A big THANK YOU to everyone.

Only ROM that I've used since day one with no regret, used others but got a lot of fc always went back to glazed, will donate once my check comes :)

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

happyjack96

Feb 25, 2012
Whenever I go to themes in settings, settings crashes:( also beats audio has 0 effect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

clusterchuck

Aug 17, 2011
I wish there was just one last update that fixed status bar and made the multitask windows back small. With that, I could live with this ROM on my Nexus forever.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    awuoud.png

|True Tablet Mode Patch Next Post, Current Status 3rd Post|

|The Start|

Hey guys i know that its been a while. Thats why today im proud to introduce Glazed Jellybean V2.0 for the Nexus 7. Glazed Jellybean comes from android 4.1.2, the most up to date android yet. This rom is focused on 3 things and they are, Stability, Speed, and Features. Glazed Jellybean includes many tweaks that speed it up compared to most roms. It removes unused files that slow down the nexus 7 and uses custom scripts to speed the system up. Stability is a big deal when it comes to roms, so that is why Glazed Jellybean is extremely stable. Glazed Jellybean comes from CM10 so that you get all the awesome features that you would not normally get on a stock rom. There are many options and extras that you can choose from. Anyways thanks guys for being so supportive and i hope you enjoy.​

|Disclaimer|
    I am not responsible for any damage that is caused by flashing this rom or by modding this rom and flashing etc. I take no responsibility if your nexus breaks, bricks, sets on fire.

|Some of the features this rom offer's|
    *Beats Audio
    *XLOUD
    *Sony Bravia Engine (As if the Nexus's Screen Wasn't Awesome Enough)
    *SuperCharged
    *Odexed
    *Super Fast, Ask anyone using this rom.
    *init.d Support, Many Tweaks with init.d
    *Latest Franco Kernel
    *Optimized speed by modding the .so system
    *Removed useless files not Needed
    *AdBlocking Enabled
    *Full Flash Enabled
    *Camera Working + Camera App
    *Choice of Launcher
    *Theme Manager
    *Beats Icon When Playing Music
    *Smooth Scrolling Hack
    *Volume Steps Hack
    *Sysctl Battery Saving Scripts
    *Fast Bootup
    *Custom Boot Animation
    *The Most Up To Date Apps
    *Full Gapps Integration
    *Android 4.1.2.
    *Modded some images for a crisper, sharper view.
    *Many customizable options in the settings
    *Mod's for better battery life
    *Added a cool weather widget You know because ICS needs one.
    *Removed boring JellyBean wall and replaced with one thats better (Screenshots)
    *The List Is To Long To Mention Them All​

|Bugs|
    On Setup+Startup It Says Something About "int Glazed Jellybean V20" (It doesnt affect system at all, the reason why it does this is because i chose to use a CM10 nighlty as a base, i will later on update the rom so that it wont include this bug. Thanks for your understanding.)
    Report Some. :)

|Downloads|
    Version 2.1 - Download, Mirror 1 (Thanks to omair1995), and Mirror 2 (Thanks to hungragezone)
    Version 2.0 - Download (Mirror, Thanks to friedsonjm)
    Version 1.1.2 - Download (Alternative DOWNLOAD, Extract before use)
    Version 1.1.1 - Download
    Version 1.1 - Download
    Version 1.0 - Download (Broken)​

|Changes|
    Version 2.1
    Fixed the lockup bug some user were experiencing
    Fixed the int message that would appear on setup or bootup
    Fixed some network issues with drivers
    Fixed some other minor bugs
    Updated to latest franco kernel
    Updated the boot animation a bit
    Updated some apps
    Added Sony Walkman player
    Added some secret sauce
    Added some init tweaks
    Added new speedup tweaks
    Removed a couple of apps, such as cm updater
    Removed old .so files
    Ohh, and i added something special to the ROM, It's a surprise (Well you wont notice it unless you pay real close attenion.)
    Added some Gangnam Style, ;)
    Uhhh, i forgot some things, ill update this later

Version 2.0
    Updated To Android 4.1.2.
    Fixed the oversized statusbar icons
    Fixed the incorrect information in settings
    Fixed some smaller bugs throughout the system
    Added AlienDroid Elements such as boot animation and wallpaper
    Added New Speed Up Scripts
    Added Full Gapps instead of slimmed version
    Added Flash Player as a app. Can be Uninstalled
    Added Apex Launcher. Can be Uninstalled
    Added JellyBean Fixer. Can be Uninstalled
    Added Beats+Xlouder
    Added Root browser
    Added Setup Wizard
    Added the CM10 Lag Fix
    Updated base to CM10 Nightly (Maybe cause of weird int message)
    Updated the updater-script
    Updated Build.prop
    Updated Nav Bar Size to stock
    Updated MANY apps
    Updated Ad blocking file - hosts
    Now using latest version of Franco Kernel
    Removed custom animations (A Bit Overwhelming to some)
    Reworked Supercharger script
    Anything else you find report to me

Version 1.1.2
    Status Bar Icon's Are Now Regular Nexus 7 Stock Size
    Navigation Bar is about 15dpi's Smaller (Nicer, More Minimal)
    30 Minute Time Out Setting, Is now Never Lock
    Made Installation Using CWM much easier, Now Shows Real Time Progress Of Installation
    Boot Animation Is Silky Smooth, No More Stuttering
    Graphic Rendering is Now Done By The GPU Completely, Not CPU, Cause of major UI Lag
    Fixed a Small Camera Bug (No More FC's)
    Notification and Lock Sounds Are now 10 Decibels Louder
    Fixed Flash Player (Download and Install THIS)

Version 1.1.1
    Camera is Now Integrated (N Working)
    Added Nova Launcher Option On Bootup
    Added Flash Player
    Added Sysctl Battery Tweaks
    More Stability, Launcher 2
    Tweaked the Build Prop
    Launcher Bug Fixes
    Added Theme Manager
    Forced CM9 Themes To Work (Enjoy)
    Added NavBar Color Options
    Fixed The Annoying System Gradient Bug (Making apps like setting look crappy)
    Fixed A Data Bug
    Shortcut To Camera On Lockscreen Now Works
    Updated Animation Speed From 60% to 70% (It makes it smoother)
    Got Glazed Mod's Working On Nexus 7 (Just Need Designing)

Version 1.1
    Fixed Storage Issue
    Out Of Beta
    New Boot Animation, Much Faster + Smoother
    Tablet Mode Is Working
    Removed A Couple of Stuff (You Won't Notice)
    Fixed Alot Of Things
    Removed Virtous Setup
    Added Linaro Kernel (Motleys)
    A Bunch Of Speed Tweaks Including Supercharger
    Changed Downloading Host
    Added CM Wallpapers + Live Wallpapers

Version 1.0
    INITIAL RELEASE​

|Flashing|
    If your upgrading from stock you must wipe EVERYTHING

If your coming from a CM10 Rom you can wipe data/system

|Screenshots|
    1Screenshots.png

|Credit|
    Thanks to all these people |CM10 Team|, |Misledz|, and |FranciscoFranco|. CM10 Nightly was used as a base. Any other people i forgot contact me.​
    You know its pretty incredible that this ROM has actually gotten this far, even with development stopped. This is the most viewed ROM for the Nexus 7. Support and development still continues even after i have left, by people who like this ROM so much that decide to contribute to the thread. I just want to say Thank You for making this ROM #1, to show my gratitude for everyone that supports my thread i have created something awesome that i can throw in the AlienDroid ROM. I know i keep on teasing with new features, but i promise you guys its worth the wait. Besides its just around the corner :D

I will try to compile a list of people here on XDA that have donated to me, and you will be in the About section of AlienMods. (In big letters :)). If you have donated please PM your email address so i can add you.

P.S. - Yes i know i wanted to make this the 1000 post on this thread.

A big THANK YOU to everyone.
    AlienMods App Testing + Quick Status

I Derped :p
    Here is the plan.......

My computer decided to randomly crash causing it to delete everything off my hard drive, good thing i had a backup which took alot of time to restore and took alot of my time i had for the rom.

I am going to provide 1 more update to this rom and that will be it. I hope you know that i am only doing this in order to allow my self to get more time to continue working on the new rom, i know i am taking to long and i know that i keep on promising you guys new things. I will say that i am going to do all that but it might take a little more time as the backup was not organized to where i can have everything i need immediatly. Restoring everything to a state of usability will take even more time.

The update for this rom will include the fixes for the status bar and fix for the multitasking bar, as well as many bug fixes and many updates to many of the feature such as beats audio.

This will also be the last time i report to you guys until i release the update. Please don't ask any questions in this thread, if you got a problem or question just PM me as i will no longer read this thread until im done with the update. Please don't ask for an ETA as i do not know when i can finish the update.

I am sorry that i have to do this but please realize that i have no control over how my computer decides to handle all my information. One day it might be perfectly fine the next it is completely stuck at the windows or linux loading logo. I hope you can understand this. Thanks for your support.
    True Tablet Mode Patch

Hey guys i present to you the True Tablet Mode Patch for Glazed JellyBean V2.1.
    You can download it below.
    I will soon post some screenshots.
    You can change the DPI to whatever you want once you apply this patch.

True Tablet Mode Patch For Glazed JellyBean V2.1 - Download

Big thanks to "Barmulio", Original creator of the patch.