[Q] Successful flash having no effect on soft brick

Search This thread

isaac m

Dec 24, 2010
Boot takes me to a blank white screen, so does booting recovery mode.
I can only enter odin download right now.
I re-partitioned and flashed the correct stock rom for my country which completes successfully on the pc and device installing the bin files in every partition but this is not unbricking the device from booting to white screen in normal and recovery booting.

What am I doing wrong? Possibly an incorrect pit file for the rom? Am i missing something? Or is hardware probably broken aat this point?

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
See if you can dig up a 3 part stock firmware to flash (assuming you haven't already, a little vague about exactly what you have flashed, I also presume you're talking about an I9100 ?). Could well be a case of corrupted NAND, this is sometimes the case where you seem to get a successful flash but bootloop won't go away & you're still stuck with only download mode. Fix for that is a motherboard replacement, but I wouldn't be calling it just yet.

If you can't find a 3 part firmware (or if you've already tried one), just get hold of as many stock roms (from Samfirmware/AndroidFirmwares.net/Samsung-Updates.com) as you can & flash away; sometimes these cases are fixed by perseverance (the first 10 flashes don't work, but for whatever strange reason the 11th works, for example).

Search for Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread & try all the stuff in that thread, might be something really small/obvious that's causing problems here.

isaac m

Dec 24, 2010
I will continue flashing roms, I havnt yet found any roms for the device that arent all in one, flashing CWM recovery roms didnt work. Corrupt NAND would make sense being that it became randomly bricked in the first place and i have managed to change the fuzziness pattern of the white screen with some flashes, I would maybe have expected a write error though. I read his guide, I have taken care of everything on it.

If i attempt to flash different versions of jellybean will there be any conflicts with the device or the pit file being that it is 4.1.2 from the store?

Is there an answer for resetting Binary flash count or system status from this odin only state?

Is there an odin, usb jig or sd card method?

Last edited:

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Whoa. You shouldn't be posting here for a Note. I'm asking mods to move your thread. Posting about devices in forums for different devices ain't allowed. Nobody here is going to be able to give you sensible advice because we're not familar with the device.