ODIN Nand Erase All

Search This thread

moin786

Sep 29, 2009
Hyderabad
Thanks! I'll give that a try.

Please follow the below steps to ODIN leak NC2 Kernel if direct method fails...

If u have STOCK NC4 in your device then...

Step- 1 - Root Device with TowelRoot.

Step- 2 - Install Busybox from play store and install busybox itself

Step- 3 - Install Hashcodes Latest Safestrap 3.72

Step- 4 - Boot into Safestrap Select Stock Slot

Step- 5 - Wipe Data Factory Reset The Stock Slot

Step- 6 - Flash Jasmine rom to the stock slot

Step- 7 - Reboot into Download mode From Safestrap

Step- 8 - Flash NC2 Kernel Package in ODIN.

Last edited:
Reactions: neur0t0xin64

neur0t0xin64

Sep 7, 2006
Coral Gables, FL
We have two things Leaked NC2 and Official NC4, there is nothing like leaked NC4...

Because u have taken NC4 OTA...your bootloader is fixed to NC4 now and cant be downgraded to NC2 or MJE...

I think you can do one thing, which is flash the leaked NC2 kernel in ODIN on the NC4 firmware and then you can use the Jasmine ROM on your device because Jasmine ROM needs NC2 Kernel...

Leaked NC2 Kernel : http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549122

WooHoo!! That did it! Now running Baja ROM. Thank you.

MuhammadZeeshan7

Jul 18, 2014
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Nand Erase all to restore EFS, imei and baseband

Can I do this method to restore my efs , baseband . SN and imei ?

I've read somewhere that if you erase Nand and efs, android regenerates its original imei and efs ?

Last edited:

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Can I do this method to restore my efs , baseband . SN and imei ?

I've read somewhere that if you erase Nand and efs, android regenerates its original imei and efs ?
I wouldn't unless you Odin back to stock with a pit file along with full tar or I think you can brick. Await more answers , but that is not a "clean flash" normal procedure.

MuhammadZeeshan7

Jul 18, 2014
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I wouldn't unless you Odin back to stock with a pit file along with full tar or I think you can brick. Await more answers , but that is not a "clean flash" normal procedure.

Someone suggested me to flash my last firmware, 4.3 MK2 and then reflash to 4.4 . currently i'm on 4.4 with no baseband, network , imei or SN.

He also said that 4.3 will not work, because of bootloader incompatibility but i won't brick it. And i will be able to clean flash 4.4

Is it right?

Thanks

Montisaquadeis

Nov 16, 2011
Ok here's the deal I did the steps like it shows and got stuck on the verizon logo when restarted so I went ahead and went into recovery and did the whole wipe cache and factory reset the device so it brings me to the verizon setup wizard now when booting but it still says custom when booting the device. I had the leaked NC2 rom on the device with root and Nox was not tripped and is still not tripped.

Wasn't this procedure suppose to get rid of the custom boot? Or am I misunderstanding what this does?

moin786

Sep 29, 2009
Hyderabad
Ok here's the deal I did the steps like it shows and got stuck on the verizon logo when restarted so I went ahead and went into recovery and did the whole wipe cache and factory reset the device so it brings me to the verizon setup wizard now when booting but it still says custom when booting the device. I had the leaked NC2 rom on the device with root and Nox was not tripped and is still not tripped.

Wasn't this procedure suppose to get rid of the custom boot? Or am I misunderstanding what this does?

The custom symbol is shown only once after rebooting from successful flash in ODIN...
The logo will disappear after some reboots...

Last edited:

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013

When I Odin'ed back to stock 4.4.2 recently, I also continued to get the Custom Unlock splash screen after multiple reboots... Other users in the Verizon Note 3 threads have reported this same issue as well in several different threads. The Triangle Away App fixed it for me. You'll just have to use Odin again to restore to stock after using Triangle Away.

If you are still able to root the phone... (which would mean you haven't updated it past
4.4.2 yet), then you can root the phone again with Towelroot, reinstall Busybox (for good measure), and then use Chainfire's Triangle Away app to remove the Custom Unlock splash screen. Check out this thread for more info: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785457

Good luck!

Edit: Just for clarification.... I did not use the Nand Erase All option when I used Odin to restore to stock. I returned to stock 4.4.2 using Droidstyle's guide. So if the Custom Unlock splash does go away after one reboot as moin786 says, then there is no need to use Triangle Away. :)

Last edited:

Montisaquadeis

Nov 16, 2011
As I said I wont be using the phone any more and its being shipped back to Verizon since we have switched carriers and I ended up getting the Note 4 as a replacement.

talvigi

Feb 15, 2014
All ways somewhere arround
What does this option do if i select it and use ODIN???
Will this Erase my phone content along with internal memory???
My Verizon Note 3 is Sim unlocked...so will this option lock my device???
(Updated: Actually all Verizon Note 3 are Sim Unlocked, so no worries there)

EDIT:

Well i finally did it...Thanks to our XDA member @mirek190 for clarifying the use of those options and guiding me through the steps...All credit goes to him...

He explains:

I successfully did Clean Wipe and Erased User Data Partition on my Note 3 using Nand Erase All , Re-partition & Phone EFS Clear in ODIN 3.09...using Pit file and Stock ROM.

Note: I never had any problems in my Note 3 but i just wanted to a perform a clean Wipe of my Note 3 :D

First we need ODIN latest version 3.09...

ODIN 3.09 : http://d-h.st/cEk

Then we need a pit file to put in PIT button in ODIN...

Pit file for Verizon Note 3 32 GB : http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23159073880936457

Pit file Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2484064

Then we need a STOCK ROM to put in AP button in ODIN...
(Note: Please make sure that the Stock ROM which u use to flash in ODIN is the same as the current bootloader in your device or newer.If you are on MJE bootloader then u can use MJE or NC4 Stock ROM and if you are already on NC4 bootloader then you can use only the NC4 Stock ROM or any newer Stock ROM than NC4 but cant use the older MJE Stock ROM.)

Stock ROMs Collection: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2524572

Thanks to @BeansTown106 for the Pit file & Stock ROMs...

Then put the device in Download Mode and connect it to PC...Check the status in ODIN after connecting...

Then select the options Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time, Nand Erase All, Re-partition & Phone EFS Clear in ODIN...
Put Pit file in PIT button and Stock ROM in AP button...

2wcjm83.jpg

Make sure all settings in ODIN looks the same like in above image...ID:COM should show the device connection status...

Then click on start and let ODIN do the magic...you can also see the status "Erasing User Data Partition" in your phone in download mode...

After the Process completes the device Auto reboots and do not unplug the device until the status in ODIN is Pass...

(Note: If you are using 4.4.2 NC4 Kitkat Stock ROM in ODIN, then when the device auto reboots after flashing it doesnt initialise ever and gets stuck on the Verizon Logo, this is happening only with Kitkat firmware...So when ODIN Auto reboots the device after flashing we have to wait till the status is Pass and Exit option is highlighted in ODIN, then Unplug the device, remove the battery, Power on the device, go into recovery mode, perform Factory Reset Data, Wipe Cache Partition and reboot it.)

After first boot of the ROM, go into Stock Recovery mode and "Wipe Factory Reset/Data and Wipe Cache Partition" (Must step)

Now your Note 3 is Clean Wiped and installed with fresh STOCK ROM...

My Knox is also not tripped 0x0 and my sim is also Unlocked as before...

PS: So i think it is useful to do a Clean Wipe (Re-partition, Nand Erase All, Phone EFS Clear) only when

1) Your Partition is broken.
2) Your device is soft bricked.
3) You want to sell your phone.
4) Upgrading the firmware or bootloader (Like MI9 to MJ7, MJ7 to MJE or MJE to NC4)
5) Once in a while because of flashing Stock/Custom ROMS many times using ODIN or Safestrap...

And don't do clean wipe often because erasing the Nand often will degrade its quality...

Thanks for the help brothers...:good:

Thanks for the post

But what does SIM unlocked mean here when every Verizon . . . . . . . . . phone show the error on top of the menu that this SIM card is from unknown source. Can't we kick this out from there,

I know i can use any SIM on my phone but the unknown SIM error is always there.

moin786

Sep 29, 2009
Hyderabad
Thanks for the post

But what does SIM unlocked mean here when every Verizon . . . . . . . . . phone show the error on top of the menu that this SIM card is from unknown source. Can't we kick this out from there,

I know i can use any SIM on my phone but the unknown SIM error is always there.

When you use a non Verizon sim, the phone will show the security message " Sim card is not from Verizon" which can be neglected or if your device is rooted then you can remove that security message by using Titanium backup. Please search the forum on how to remove the security message.

Reactions: talvigi

vince.lupe

Nov 6, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I found this if it helps http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1747066&page=4 there is some good info in the last few posts.

Bro, this is the first time I've heard about these options? Hey, I have a question: if I flashed like this, would it restore my original IMEI on my phone? I HEARD that the IMEI is read from the motherboard, but I also heard that if you don't have a backup of your /efs folder from the original stock ROM then you're screwed?

Do you or anyone else know anything about this? Problem is: I flashed a ROM on my Note 4 and it wiped my IMEI, replacing it with a generic IMEI (350050500009692), and now I can't get it back without a backup of the /EFS folder?

I would REALLY appreciate your guys' help (did NOT ruin my phone by following this post in particular, so I am hoping you all would help?).

G

GuestK00143

I'm pretty sure it won't restore your IEMI if it's already gone but I would give it a shot anyways. You don't have anything to lose.. I never lost mine but it's worth a try.

vince.lupe

Nov 6, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I'm pretty sure it won't restore your IEMI if it's already gone but I would give it a shot anyways. You don't have anything to lose.. I never lost mine but it's worth a try.

Okay, I'll give it a shot, but also: I managed to grab the original specific firmware for my phone through Smart Switch firmware restoration which contains all individual files for flash through Odin (BL, AP, CP, and CSC) - but, I cannot downgrade from 5.1.1 to 5.0.1, so it won't flash. If I were to somehow manage to flash these files or some of these files (not sure which ones), would THAT restore my IMEI?

G

GuestK00143

Okay, I'll give it a shot, but also: I managed to grab the original specific firmware for my phone through Smart Switch firmware restoration which contains all individual files for flash through Odin (BL, AP, CP, and CSC) - but, I cannot downgrade from 5.1.1 to 5.0.1, so it won't flash. If I were to somehow manage to flash these files or some of these files (not sure which ones), would THAT restore my IMEI?

I don't think so because the IEMI is phone specific. It never happened to me so I honestly do not know.

Bisram45

Apr 22, 2016
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> S7562ZSAMK1_S7562OZSAMK1_S7562ZSAMK1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Erase...
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

why .... ??

I USED S7562 PIT FILE AND IT'S STOCK ROM

STILL....

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
@Bisram45

I understand you bricked your Samsung Duo (GT-S7562) a few days ago and no doubt you are in a panic, possibly looking for help from any Odin experts you can find.

But this is a forum for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V), which uses PIT MSM8974.pit.

If you are going to spam as many forums as you can looking for help with your troubles, you should say right up front what model your phone is, and why you are posting in the wrong forum(s).

Failing to do that gives people the impression that you are trying to write the wrong firmware to the model of phone which corresponds to that forum.

good luck with your phone.

Reactions: ubigred
G

GuestX0024

Since we're talking PIT files and Odin, I am curious:

I have flashed MJE tar in Odin and never used a PIT file (PIT box remained unchecked and no file was loaded at any time during Odin)..

My question is: if the PIT file configures partitions, and I didn't use the PIT file, SHOULD I be having issues with my int sdcard because I am not having ANY issues with it...

If I am supposed to use PIT file and didn't, should I be expecting issues down the road?

I kinda understood that the PIT was only needed to CHANGE standard configuration of partitions...

A little PIT file / partition schooling would be great so I know one way or the other for future Odin use... THANKS!
To my knowledge, if it's an SD card that can be removed, you shouldn't experience any problems with it. A regular misconception (mostly made by newbies) is that your phone has a partition specifically for an external SD card, but that is not true. Not all devices support an external SD card, so it would be a complete mess if OEM's started writing external SD cards as actual partitions in your device.

If your not talking about an external SD card, then there's no other SD card to talk about. The storage units in Android phones are eMMC units, not SD cards (Google it if you don't know what an eMMC unit is), your device just has a folder entitled /sdcard because that is the phones storage that's leftover for your use. For example, if a device is advertised with 16GB of internal storage, but you buy it and you only see 12.03GB of storage, that 12.03GB is your device's /sdcard folder. Your device gets this number after the os takes the cut of your storage. If you have experience with rooting Androids then you might notice that clicking on the /sdcard folder brings you to your device's internal storage. Another example would be if you installed a custom on your device, if you had the full 16GB of storage before, your device might have less, because the os takes a cut of your storage.

In a nutshell, using a pit file to flash in Odin only takes care of your device's actual partitions and will wipe all of your data stored on the internal storage, not your external SD card. The only time using a pit file in Odin is (highly) recommended is if you break a partition in your device.

Hope that made sense and hope it helped out in any way! :D:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What does this option do if i select it and use ODIN???
    Will this Erase my phone content along with internal memory???
    My Verizon Note 3 is Sim unlocked...so will this option lock my device???
    (Updated: Actually all Verizon Note 3 are Sim Unlocked, so no worries there)

EDIT:

Well i finally did it...Thanks to our XDA member @mirek190 for clarifying the use of those options and guiding me through the steps...All credit goes to him...

He explains:
    Pit file setup partitions - very useful if you broke some partition...Nand Erase All clean all partitions including internal sdcard before installing rom...EFS ( block 11 ) on note 3 doesn't contain IMEI ( all devices on snapdragon ).
    IMEI is on block 12 and 13. If you clean efs, the partition will be rebuild from block 12.
    So you can check the options Re-partition, Nand Erase All and also Phone EFS Clear to do clean Wipe...and make sure you have the PIT file of the respective device and STOCK ROM.

I successfully did Clean Wipe and Erased User Data Partition on my Note 3 using Nand Erase All , Re-partition & Phone EFS Clear in ODIN 3.09...using Pit file and Stock ROM.

Note: I never had any problems in my Note 3 but i just wanted to a perform a clean Wipe of my Note 3 :D

Pit file for Verizon Note 3 32 GB : http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23159073880936457

(Note: Please make sure that the Stock ROM which u use to flash in ODIN is the same as the current bootloader in your device or newer.If you are on MJE bootloader then u can use MJE or NC4 Stock ROM and if you are already on NC4 bootloader then you can use only the NC4 Stock ROM or any newer Stock ROM than NC4 but cant use the older MJE Stock ROM.)

Then put the device in Download Mode and connect it to PC...Check the status in ODIN after connecting...

Then select the options Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time, Nand Erase All, Re-partition & Phone EFS Clear in ODIN...

2wcjm83.jpg

Make sure all settings in ODIN looks the same like in above image...ID:COM should show the device connection status...

Then click on start and let ODIN do the magic...you can also see the status "Erasing User Data Partition" in your phone in download mode...

After the Process completes the device Auto reboots and do not unplug the device until the status in ODIN is Pass...

(Note: If you are using 4.4.2 NC4 Kitkat Stock ROM in ODIN, then when the device auto reboots after flashing it doesnt initialise ever and gets stuck on the Verizon Logo, this is happening only with Kitkat firmware...So when ODIN Auto reboots the device after flashing we have to wait till the status is Pass and Exit option is highlighted in ODIN, then Unplug the device, remove the battery, Power on the device, go into recovery mode, perform Factory Reset Data, Wipe Cache Partition and reboot it.)

After first boot of the ROM, go into Stock Recovery mode and "Wipe Factory Reset/Data and Wipe Cache Partition" (Must step)

PS: So i think it is useful to do a Clean Wipe (Re-partition, Nand Erase All, Phone EFS Clear) only when

4) Upgrading the firmware or bootloader (Like MI9 to MJ7, MJ7 to MJE or MJE to NC4)
    5) Once in a while because of flashing Stock/Custom ROMS many times using ODIN or Safestrap...

And don't do clean wipe often because erasing the Nand often will degrade its quality...

Clean Wipe & Erasing Userdata Partition in Note 3

He explains:
    Pit file setup partitions - very useful if you broke some partition...Nand Erase All clean all partitions including internal sdcard before installing rom...EFS ( block 11 ) on note 3 doesn't contain IMEI ( all devices on snapdragon ).
    IMEI is on block 12 and 13. If you clean efs, the partition will be rebuild from block 12.
    So you can check the options Re-partition, Nand Erase All and also Phone EFS Clear to do clean Wipe...and make sure you have the PIT file of the respective device and STOCK ROM.

2wcjm83.jpg

(Note: If you are using 4.4.2 Kitkat Stock ROM in ODIN, then when the device auto reboots after flashing it doesnt initialise ever and gets stuck on the Verizon Logo, this is happening only with Kitkat firmware...So when ODIN Auto reboots the device after flashing we have to wait till the status is Pass and Exit option is highlighted in ODIN, then Unplug the device, remove the battery, Power on the device, go into recovery mode, perform Factory Reset Data, Wipe Cache Partition and reboot it.)

Since we're talking PIT files and Odin, I am curious:

I have flashed MJE tar in Odin and never used a PIT file (PIT box remained unchecked and no file was loaded at any time during Odin)..

My question is: if the PIT file configures partitions, and I didn't use the PIT file, SHOULD I be having issues with my int sdcard because I am not having ANY issues with it...

If I am supposed to use PIT file and didn't, should I be expecting issues down the road?

I kinda understood that the PIT was only needed to CHANGE standard configuration of partitions...

A little PIT file / partition schooling would be great so I know one way or the other for future Odin use... THANKS!

I also used to flash MJE tar in ODIN and never use PIT file...because

1) It is not needed if ur purpose is only to flash STOCK ROMS...
    2) Don't worry your current partitions will have no issues if u dont use PIT file while flashing STOCK ROM...but if u select the option Re-partition in ODIN and then don't use PIT file in PIT button then you will have problems with your partitions...and later u must use PIT file to Re-partition your device.

A PIT contains the Partitions details of the respective device and is only used :

1) When u want to Re-partition your device and Flash STOCK ROM in ODIN...
    2) When u want to Re-partition & Perform Full Clean Wipe using Nand Erase All and then Flash STOCK ROM in ODIN...

thats why when u put the PIT file in PIT button the Re-partition is automatically checked...

Also If you want use the Nand Erase All option only then also you need PIT file because Nand Erase wipes the contents of the partitions and it uses PIT file to read the partitions details of our device...

Thats why don't use the option Nand Erase All without having PIT file because it will Brick your device...

@mirek190 is an experienced developer and has personally did it on his Note 3 many times,he explained me:
    IMEI is on block 12 and 13. If you Clean EFS, the partition will be rebuild from block 12.
    So you can check the options Re-partition, Nand Erase All and also Phone EFS Clear to do clean Wipe...and make sure you have the PIT file of the respective device and STOCK ROM

So when u add the STOCK ROM in AP Button and if u check the Re-partition option without having Pit file...it may break your partition and your device may Boot loop...So PIT file is mandatory while doing Re-partition or Nand Erase All...

And Regarding Phone EFS Clear i had no idea what it is...I just didnt wanna lose my IMEI information and Unlocked Sim after Re-partition and Nand Erase...

So @mirek190 told me to clear Phone EFS also to perform clean wipe... and i wont lose any information...as it is completely safe because ODIN doesnt wipe IMEI details...

So you guys can even check the option Phone EFS Clear...

And always make sure that you have the right PIT file and STOCK ROM...

Cheers!!!
    iNdDzAn9Ic7ph.png

Just did it on my Canadian Note 3 N900W8 with Rogers 4.4.2. The first boot didn't initialize for 10 minutes so I went into stock recovery and wipe data, wipe cache and reboot and it loaded fine.

edit: Here's the full result from Odin's message box:

<ID:0/005> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> N900W8VLUCNB7_N900W8OYACNB7_N900W8VLUCNB7_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
    <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/005> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/005> Erase...
    <ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
    <ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
    <ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/005> sbl1.mbn
    <ID:0/005> rpm.mbn
    <ID:0/005> tz.mbn
    <ID:0/005> sdi.mbn
    <ID:0/005> NON-HLOS.bin
    <ID:0/005> boot.img
    <ID:0/005> recovery.img
    <ID:0/005> system.img.ext4
    <ID:0/005> cache.img.ext4
    <ID:0/005> modem.bin
    <ID:0/005> RQT_CLOSE !!
    <ID:0/005> RES OK !!
    <ID:0/005> Removed!!
    <ID:0/005> Remain Port .... 0
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

edit: Also attached the PIT file I used for the N900W8
    Well i finally did it...Thanks to our XDA member "mirek190" for clarifying the use of those options and guiding me through the steps...All credit goes to him...

As long as you are giving credit, how about including a URL to his post(s) that you used?

(If @mirek190 helped you via PM or off of XDA, then please disregard this inquiry.)

So this does a REAL full wipe?
    I ask because I've ODIN'd many times already for various reasons and afterwards, even doing a factory reset, there were still some leftover files in the /root folders. Specifically the efs folder where I had made .bak files from mods.
    Selling my phone soon and want to make sure it is TRULY 100% stock.

Someone would probably have to look at slack space at the end of partitions to determine that; reason being is that we don't have a good way to boot the device in a "blank" state, but only after a bunch of stuff has already been re-written by Odin. (On other Android devices with unlocked bootloaders, it is easy: you just soft-boot a recovery using fastboot, and then talk to the in-memory-only recovery using ADB to do raw dumps of the various partitions).

If you could write something into a partition (e.g. dd seek=...) SAFELY skipping over important stuff at the front end, you could look for it after an Odin install. (Maybe the PAD or FOTA partitions would be a safe place to do this).

It might just re-partition only. Or, in the case of ext4 filesystem formatting, only the space used by the filesystem overhead (journal, superblocks, inode tables,etc) gets re-written and "trash" with your old data can still exist in unallocated space. (Seems like flash memory wear-leveling should make complete erasure desirable - but with a penalty of an annoying delay).

Any clues from the Odin erase times? The fastest I've been able to *read* from the N3's memory is about 110 MB/sec, and I would think erasures would take longer - at that kind of speed a full erase of 32 GB would take nearly 5 minutes just to perform the erase.

The EFS thing you mention is a little odd - unless you were flashing an Odin tarball file without an image file corresponding to the EFS partition, and the partitioning by the PIT stayed identical. In that case, /data would be wiped (or maybe more precisely the /data partition would have it's ext4 filesystem re-built), but since the /efs is a mount (ext4, rw) of a separate partition, it could survive with those conditions.