Upgrading to Kitkat

Search This thread

RomanHelmet

May 17, 2011
I'm a samsung noob. Been an HTC guy for a few years and moved over here last month. At this point I just rooted the stock rom so I could keep my Knox flag untripped. I want to upgrade to kitkat but I am unsure of my options. Things are a bit different on Samsungs than I'm used to. Is it possible to upgrade to one of the kitkat releases and not trip Knox?

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
I'm a samsung noob. Been an HTC guy for a few years and moved over here last month. At this point I just rooted the stock rom so I could keep my Knox flag untripped. I want to upgrade to kitkat but I am unsure of my options. Things are a bit different on Samsungs than I'm used to. Is it possible to upgrade to one of the kitkat releases and not trip Knox?

No you would have to wait for the official release.

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V2.0 NOTE 3

jcannon318

Oct 6, 2012

I wouldn't worry too much about tripping Knox. I did, and I sent mine back to Samsung for a home button issue and they replaced it for me. Besides, tmobile doesn't give a crap about it at all.

Sent from my ZeroLemon Powered Galaxy Note 3

RomanHelmet

May 17, 2011
So if I gave up on keeping knox intact would it be as simple as flashing twrp through Odin then flashing a kitkat rom? Would I need to flash kitkat firmware bits?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
So if I gave up on keeping knox intact would it be as simple as flashing twrp through Odin then flashing a kitkat rom? Would I need to flash kitkat firmware bits?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

If your already rooted download goomanager. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.s0up.goomanager

Open ( grant su if it prompts.. )

Menu_>>. Install open recovery script>>. Yes. Bam ..

Profit☺☺

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk