[Q] Galaxy R Touch Not Working

Search This thread

shankarcps

Jan 15, 2012
INDIA
Guys ,

I have my Galaxy R which is 2.5 yr old. Few days back my BACK and OPTIONS buttons were not working. As i am rooted i edited the files and disabled them and now using Button Savior.

Now the entire touchpad is not working. Screen is perfect , no scartches , no crack , but TOUCH is UNREPONSIVE . Reached out to Samung Service Center , they tested with *#0*# and said my touch is problem and they said it would cost Rs.7000.

Is there any inexpensive way of making this working ? I have seen some kind of Digitizer in some websites , would that be of help ? Or shall i reach out to some local shops to see ?

I live in Chennai, India. Please let me know if you have any reliable service contacts and suggestions for my issue.

Seen some similar older posts but those were related to screen broken issue.

Update: I tried connecting an OTG cable with mouse and everything works perfectly with it.

Last edited:

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Guys ,

I have my Galaxy R which is 2.5 yr old. Few days back my BACK and OPTIONS buttons were not working. As i am rooted i edited the files and disabled them and now using Button Savior.

Now the entire touchpad is not working. Screen is perfect , no scartches , no crack , but TOUCH is UNREPONSIVE . Reached out to Samung Service Center , they tested with *#0*# and said my touch is problem and they said it would cost Rs.7000.

Is there any inexpensive way of making this working ? I have seen some kind of Digitizer in some websites , would that be of help ? Or shall i reach out to some local shops to see ?

I live in Chennai, India. Please let me know if you have any reliable service contacts and suggestions for my issue.

Seen some similar older posts but those were related to screen broken issue.

Update: I tried connecting an OTG cable with mouse and everything works perfectly with it.

Hmm... weird issue. Try flashing another ROM (or stock ROM if u prefer it) and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't work, might be a hardware issue.

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Sent from the "China who bans Google"
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!