MX Player Pro seems laggy

Search This thread

Megalith

Oct 8, 2010
I have the 8.4" and have noticed that some of my videos (.mov 1080p movie trailers) seem to be a tad bit laggy, especially when they first start. Has anyone noticed the same? I have downloaded a custom codec but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have also tried both hardware and software playback.

carlitos66

Dec 19, 2010
yes, same here, I bought MX player Pro in hope that it will dissapear but unfortunately there is very very noticeable lag. Stock video player plays same video with no problems...

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
I have the 8.4" and have noticed that some of my videos (.mov 1080p movie trailers) seem to be a tad bit laggy, especially when they first start. Has anyone noticed the same? I have downloaded a custom codec but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have also tried both hardware and software playback.

Not sure what is up with your mx player, but check out Dice Player and also check THIS link on how to add the DTS capabilities.

I used to be a mx player user, even bought pro, but since using dice, I haven't looked back once. It does all mx does, plus you can pop the player out and multitask with ease, I even use it on my note 3!

Megalith

Oct 8, 2010
I'll check it out.

My videos seem to be smoother now when using software decoding for the video and hardware for the audio, but I know there is still something weird going on because the menus lag so much when you're scrolling up and down.