Camera problems

Search This thread

danman7

Mar 13, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Anyone else having this problem? I'm running pretty much stock 4.4, although rooted and unlocked. Every time I start the camera, I get this weird distorted view, and then the camera crashes. Any idea what is going on?

2ejetuvu.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
I hate to say it but it may be a hardware failure. I would fxz and see if it is software related but if after the fxz you have the same you need a new phone.

Sent from my Chinese connection unlocked and can't be stopped Droid Maxx

danman7

Mar 13, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I hate to say it but it may be a hardware failure. I would fxz and see if it is software related but if after the fxz you have the same you need a new phone.

Ugh, I really hope that's not the case. I just paid to have this unlocked, I'd hate to have to replace it.

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
One other option if it is the camera and not software is get a broke maxx and swap out the camera. But I would guess it would be cheaper to get another phone and pay 40 bucks again.

danman7

Mar 13, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Okay, further data. I found that if I switch to the second camera (the one on the screen) and then flip back, the camera appears to work. That leads me to think it's some form of software, not hardware issue.

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
Have you done an fxz yet if it is a software issue it will fix it.

danman7

Mar 13, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
FXZ appears to have fixed the issue, whatever it was. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid whatever it was that caused it in the first place.