[UNLOCK] AT&T Bootloader Unlock Through HTC-Dev

Search This thread

flightsimmer

Oct 6, 2011
St. Louis, MO
This worked!!! HOLY CRAP IT WORKED!!!!! Now we can finally get some real dev work going on!

A BIG THANK YOU to the devs who worked non-stop on getting this done. This is fantastic news!

R

Red5

LOL thanks man! And yes this does wipe your phone ar at least the userdata. It starts as if you just pulled it out of the box. :(

Clockwork mod flashed with fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command and works perfectly!
So perhaps a backup caution is needed to alert people that they will lose all of their data.

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
LOL thanks man! And yes this does wipe your phone ar at least the userdata. It starts as if you just pulled it out of the box. :(

Clockwork mod flashed with fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command and works perfectly!

Out of curiosity, were these the partitions I sent you this morning? I did it from stock mmcblk0p4, as well, so it will obviously work. You beat me by two partitions, bastard...

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
So perhaps a backup caution is needed to alert people that they will lose all of their data.

The htcdev site says that as well...but I agree.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

This worked!!! HOLY CRAP IT WORKED!!!!! Now we can finally get some real dev work going on!

A BIG THANK YOU to the devs who worked non-stop on getting this done. This is fantastic news!

Real dev work? ;)

Minor723

Oct 5, 2010
Cleveland
I am stuck on the "adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p4" part, when I type that I just get an adb help thing with a lot of commands, it does not pull the file.

grankin01

Feb 9, 2008
Georgetown, KY
Out of curiosity, were these the partitions I sent you this morning? I did it from stock mmcblk0p4, as well, so it will obviously work. You beat me by two partitions, bastard...

LOL Sorry! ;) I actually started comparing the dumps you sent me and got bored and frustrated and just started sifting through the dumps from my phone one at a time until I found it. Then I figured I would just try and it probably wouldn't work as easy as it was. LOL

red5 I will add the backup alert now! Thanks for the idea. ;)

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
Before you guys unlock you could dd your data partition and then restore it back from custom recovery

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
LOL Sorry! ;) I actually started comparing the dumps you sent me and got bored and frustrated and just started sifting through the dumps from my phone one at a time until I found it. Then I figured I would just try and it probably wouldn't work as easy as it was. LOL

red5 I will add the backup alert now! Thanks for the idea. ;)

heh heh heh, I am just glad it's done. Looking at the diffs was driving me crazy too, and I was on 2, when, tada, nice, nice work. To be honest, I probably would have thought, this won't work, too easy...

Steve

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

LOL, I meant flashable ROMs. Not that the modifications earlier weren't "real dev work". I'm totally grateful for all of the work done so far :D

Still need working recovery. on that now...

Reactions: fuybjeans

grankin01

Feb 9, 2008
Georgetown, KY
I am stuck on the "adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p4" part, when I type that I just get an adb help thing with a lot of commands, it does not pull the file.

Make sure you didn't accidentily name it something else and that it is actually on the sdcard. That command should pull the file to the directory with adb in it.

hey grankin01, have you try if you can flash the rogers's ruu...see if you can get rid of the tampered line

I will have to do that later. I'm going to need to be away from the computer for a while but I will start downloading it now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You do this at your own risk!!! This could turn your new phone into a very expensive paperweight!!! If you don't know how to do it or are uncomfortable DON'T DO IT!!!

You need ADB and an understanding of how to use it and have a rooted device (although I didn't test this). You will also need a hex editor like HxD.

BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE DOING THIS!!!! WHEN HTCDEV UNLOCKS YOUR DEVICE YOU MUST START FROM SCRATCH!!!

1. Fire up your command prompt and go to the directory that you have ADB installed to. Type "adb shell" and hit enter.

2. Type "su" and hit enter. You now have root privileges.

3. Next type "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. This will dump the partition to your sdcard.

4. Next type "exit", hit enter, type "exit", and hit enter again. This should take you back to a command prompt for your computer.

5. type "adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. NOTE THE SIZE OF THE FILE BEFORE THE NEXT STEP!

6. Open the file (mmcblk0p4) with your hex editor.

7. Look for offset 00000210 (if your on RUU version 1.82 the offset may be 00000214) and you should see CWS__001 with your IMEI number attached to it.

8. Change CWS__001 to 11111111 and save the file as mmcblk0p4MOD. This will give you SuperCID as well. :D MAKE SURE AT THIS POINT THAT THE FILE IS THE EXACT SIZE IT WAS BEFORE YOU HEX EDITED IT!

9. Now go back to your command prompt and type "adb push mmcblk0p4MOD /sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD" and hit enter.

10. Type "adb shell" and hit enter then type "su" and hit enter again. This will put you back into the android shell and give you root privileges.

11. Type "dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. To test if it worked restart the phone into fastboot (type "adb reboot bootloader" and hit enter) and once the bootloader screen comes up type "fastboot oem readcid" and hit enter. It should read "11111111".

12. Next type "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" and hit enter. Leave that up on your screen and go to HTCdev.com. Follow the instructions from there. Choose "All other supported models" from the dropdown menu.

For those having trouble with the hex editor portion of this I have posted a picture from Squeak22 showing exactly what it should look like. Thanks Squeak22!

Enjoy all!

Guy
    Worked for me with CID 11111111.

Thanks, my friend, now I can stop that f'ing thread...

IMG_0502.jpg
    Ya, a complete write up with step-by-step pictures would be nice... since this is sort of dangerous with a potential to get a brick.

probably need to make a script that can do all dd and hexing, that would make it much safer.
    All those involved in the argument should stop now. I'll be visiting this page in the next few hours. If I see another response, infractions will be handed out.

Follow the steps carefully, use caution, don't blame others, and don't ***** each other out. If you have a problem, private message me.

you-were-saying_o_187166.gif
    Now all we need is SK to finish CWM Recovery! :)

Thanks, Will try when I get home

Now I can actually test the f-ing thing, should be a gimme...I am so relieved this is done. Now its working recovery and s-off time...;). Again, thanks grankin...