[UNLOCK] AT&T Bootloader Unlock Through HTC-Dev

Search This thread

Justjusten

Jan 2, 2010
I wish we could hide this thread so you had to be a member to see it so it would take longer to get patched... hahaha

Reactions: Zarboz

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
I made a mistake a colossal one it seems. I edited the file with a mac hex editor pushed it back rebooted to bootloader and now I have a brick.
won't power up and won't show charging when plugged into power. :(
Is the bricking reversable?

Minor723

Oct 5, 2010
Cleveland
This is what happens to me.

shell@android:/ # dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
/sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD: cannot open for read: No such file or directory
1|shell@android:/ #

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
Just a heads up, the ported cmw recovery does work once you unlock the phone.

148901_3673184920754_1608862311_2861575_1705566193_n.jpg

niceppl

May 2, 2012
San Jose
adorabledev.com
I made a mistake a colossal one it seems. I edited the file with a mac hex editor pushed it back rebooted to bootloader and now I have a brick.

oh man... what's the name of the editor...

this process is dangerous (brick)on some point.....some one should make a mac/linux/windows picture or video guide for people who are new...

blacklistedcard

Dec 30, 2010
I used the CWM recovery on my Rogers rooted and unlocked phone successfully. Just the backup and restore. Not flashing any zipfiles though. There has not been any zipfiles to test that functionality.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

IXIKelsonIXI

Oct 20, 2010

Hmm. I've never done hex editing before, but it seemed simple enough and I edited the file. Was about to push when I saw this post, so I'm hesitant.

What exactly is it you did wrong? If you have any idea, that is.

grankin01

Feb 9, 2008
Georgetown, KY

Have you tried holding the power button down for a while? The lights at the bottom should flash six times and then it will shut off. Give it a few seconds and hold volume up and power and see if it goes back into hboot.

And yes you would just replace ROGER001 with 11111111 for superCID. :)

idealz

Feb 24, 2011
Sorry for the noob question, but which hex editor did you guys use or recommend?

stnguyen09

Oct 26, 2010
New Holland, Pennsylvania

Do you actually know the specific mistake you made? I'm not understanding what you did wrong...unless it's the whole "for some reason it didn't work on a mac" deal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You do this at your own risk!!! This could turn your new phone into a very expensive paperweight!!! If you don't know how to do it or are uncomfortable DON'T DO IT!!!

You need ADB and an understanding of how to use it and have a rooted device (although I didn't test this). You will also need a hex editor like HxD.

BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE DOING THIS!!!! WHEN HTCDEV UNLOCKS YOUR DEVICE YOU MUST START FROM SCRATCH!!!

1. Fire up your command prompt and go to the directory that you have ADB installed to. Type "adb shell" and hit enter.

2. Type "su" and hit enter. You now have root privileges.

3. Next type "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. This will dump the partition to your sdcard.

4. Next type "exit", hit enter, type "exit", and hit enter again. This should take you back to a command prompt for your computer.

5. type "adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. NOTE THE SIZE OF THE FILE BEFORE THE NEXT STEP!

6. Open the file (mmcblk0p4) with your hex editor.

7. Look for offset 00000210 (if your on RUU version 1.82 the offset may be 00000214) and you should see CWS__001 with your IMEI number attached to it.

8. Change CWS__001 to 11111111 and save the file as mmcblk0p4MOD. This will give you SuperCID as well. :D MAKE SURE AT THIS POINT THAT THE FILE IS THE EXACT SIZE IT WAS BEFORE YOU HEX EDITED IT!

9. Now go back to your command prompt and type "adb push mmcblk0p4MOD /sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD" and hit enter.

10. Type "adb shell" and hit enter then type "su" and hit enter again. This will put you back into the android shell and give you root privileges.

11. Type "dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. To test if it worked restart the phone into fastboot (type "adb reboot bootloader" and hit enter) and once the bootloader screen comes up type "fastboot oem readcid" and hit enter. It should read "11111111".

12. Next type "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" and hit enter. Leave that up on your screen and go to HTCdev.com. Follow the instructions from there. Choose "All other supported models" from the dropdown menu.

For those having trouble with the hex editor portion of this I have posted a picture from Squeak22 showing exactly what it should look like. Thanks Squeak22!

Enjoy all!

Guy
    Worked for me with CID 11111111.

Thanks, my friend, now I can stop that f'ing thread...

IMG_0502.jpg
    Ya, a complete write up with step-by-step pictures would be nice... since this is sort of dangerous with a potential to get a brick.

probably need to make a script that can do all dd and hexing, that would make it much safer.
    All those involved in the argument should stop now. I'll be visiting this page in the next few hours. If I see another response, infractions will be handed out.

Follow the steps carefully, use caution, don't blame others, and don't ***** each other out. If you have a problem, private message me.

you-were-saying_o_187166.gif
    Now all we need is SK to finish CWM Recovery! :)

Thanks, Will try when I get home

Now I can actually test the f-ing thing, should be a gimme...I am so relieved this is done. Now its working recovery and s-off time...;). Again, thanks grankin...