[Off Topic Lounge] A place for all things random [KEEP IT CLEAN]

Search This thread

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Since we don't have our own off topic thread, I figured it would be a good idea to start one. We all seem to get off on tangents in all the other threads so lets just make this thread one long tangent :)

Mods, I hope this is cool. Sticky perhaps?

Anyways, I don't know what kind of music you guys all listen to but I am a big metal fan (ya think?). I just got my hands on the new Gojira album and it is nothing short of AMAZING. For those don't know, Gojira is an environmentally conscious sludge metal outfit from France, who have yet to put out anything bad. They have a style that nobody else has, and they have the musical chops to back it up. I am very critical of new music and I am floored by this thing. The album gets a solid 9.5/10 from me. Check it out, it's called L'Enfant Sauvage. Here is the vid for the title track off their new record. Awesome song, awesome song and it only gets better from there. Enjoy \m/

Last edited:

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Yep, and it seems like we get a flood of new posters here daily. Maybe this will help keep threads nice and on point.

I like having our own OT thread here instead of General because some of us are building decent online relationships so it would be cool to be able to shoot the sh*t with each other in our own forum, know what I mean? :)

kleeman7

Nov 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
Lol, on topic. Have you ever listened to Nightwish? I love everything they put out.

They had on old lead singer Tarja Tarunen, she went solo (also good imo). The new singer is Anette, also a food signer took the band in a different direction.

If you wanna look them up I would suggest.

Tarja as lead signer: Dark Chest of Wonder, but there is so much more that is also amazing.

Anette as lead: anything from the album Imaginarium.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Lol, on topic. Have you ever listened to Nightwish? I love everything they put out.

They had on old lead singer Tarja Tarunen, she went solo (also good imo). The new singer is Anette, also a food signer took the band in a different direction.

If you wanna look them up I would suggest.

Tarja as lead signer: Dark Chest of Wonder, but there is so much more that is also amazing.

Anette as lead: anything from the album Imaginarium.

I never got into Nightwish. I used to be a solid Kamelot fan though and they are in the same vein...but now that Roy Khan is gone I think I'm done with them. Do you listen to Symphony X? They're in my top 5 right now, their newest album Iconoclast was ridiculously good.

kleeman7

Nov 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
I never got into Nightwish. I used to be a solid Kamelot fan though and they are in the same vein...but now that Roy Khan is gone I think I'm done with them. Do you listen to Symphony X? They're in my top 5 right now, their newest album Iconoclast was ridiculously good.

Haven't found many new artist lately. I will look them up, I listen to literally everything, well almost.

droidiac13

Jul 19, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Yep, and it seems like we get a flood of new posters here daily. Maybe this will help keep threads nice and on point.

I like having our own OT thread here instead of General because some of us are building decent online relationships so it would be cool to be able to shoot the sh*t with each other in our own forum, know what I mean? :)

Perfect way of putting it. Now if we can only keep the riff raff away. LOL We're all going to need boats to get around the in Minne if the rain keeps up. Some areas have seen 10" in the last couple of days. My girlfriend isn't one of them tho. LOL Hope that wasn't too unclean. If it was let me know and I'll edit it.

Reactions: _MetalHead_

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
I was just about to say that, it kinda reminds me of Crimson King by Demons and Wizards.

That's for sharing now I have a new band to obsess over.

Link to Crimson King.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV7BYSxsKhw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ah so you must like Iced Earth and Blind Guardian! Another couple of my favorite bands. Iced Earth especially. I'm sure you already know but Demons and Wizards is Jon Schaffer from IE and Hansi Kursch from BG.

I'm into all kinds of rock and metal. One of my favorite bands now is Volbeat. There not really metal. But I love their sound.

Devine Heresy is another. I can't get over their drummer. Dude is bad@$$

Sent from my HTC One™ X, an WCX Illuminati 4G LTE smartphone

Divine Heresy is pretty good, I just don't like their [old]vocalist. Tim Yeung is definitely a machine behind the kit. I saw Divine Heresy with Shadows Fall at the Vic in chicago a couple of years ago, great show. I met Dino afterwards and he was pretty douchey.

Perfect way of putting it. Now if we can only keep the riff raff away. LOL We're all going to need boats to get around the in Minne if the rain keeps up. Some areas have seen 10" in the last couple of days. My girlfriend isn't one of them tho. LOL Hope that wasn't too unclean. If it was let me know and I'll edit it.

I was like what is he talking about, and then I got it. I'm cracking up over here, one of those things that's even funnier because of the delay it took to get it ROFL :D

Last edited:
Reactions: droidiac13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since we don't have our own off topic thread, I figured it would be a good idea to start one. We all seem to get off on tangents in all the other threads so lets just make this thread one long tangent :)

Mods, I hope this is cool. Sticky perhaps?

Anyways, I don't know what kind of music you guys all listen to but I am a big metal fan (ya think?). I just got my hands on the new Gojira album and it is nothing short of AMAZING. For those don't know, Gojira is an environmentally conscious sludge metal outfit from France, who have yet to put out anything bad. They have a style that nobody else has, and they have the musical chops to back it up. I am very critical of new music and I am floored by this thing. The album gets a solid 9.5/10 from me. Check it out, it's called L'Enfant Sauvage. Here is the vid for the title track off their new record. Awesome song, awesome song and it only gets better from there. Enjoy \m/

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
    On another note, all my friends keep posting about how they have turn by turn GPS with iOS6 and that it's so modern... I don't even understand how stupid some people can be at times. iOS6 is barely playing catch up, and it's losing at that.

My iPhone owning friends know better, because I've been ridiculing them for years about how Android has built in navigation!
    You can order them from the U.K. no lte but we don't get lte here! Lol handtec I believe has them

Oh, well meh. We've got LTE all over the place here.

By the way, a contact I made with AT&T explained a good way to get one even if you're not eligible for an upgrade:

When it comes out, call retention directly: 877-710-9276, say you're thinking of cancelling because you can't upgrade. We can ship it to you (you'll get the best discount that way or possibly free depending on your account history) or you can get it at a corporate store for the regular 2-year price (store manager can override, if you're in the store and they hassle you, you can have them call retention and get authorization). But over the phone is best because we ship overnight for free, we can change the price of the phone, and we can waive the upgrade fee.

I'm calling as soon as they're available. :cool:
    Garage door busted yesterday! Damit now I have to wait till wed for the ONE.

Sent from my One X using xda premium
    That sucks!

I'm still waiting for the UPS guy to come... Supposedly the truck comes around 5pm. Still have an hour and a half wait before I can do anything. I've already downloaded TWRP, got a guide open for rooting, and have HTC dev open in another window to get this thing unlocked. I'm not 100% sure what ROM I'll go with, but whatever it is I can't download it until midnight.

I'll be sure to tell you how awesome it is. :cool::highfive: