[KERNEL][SENSE]intersectRaven's Kernel - 20130625_10XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Jan 13, 2011
You can tell your saving battery that quick? wow. must be good. It normally takes days to find out if battery is effected...

No, i flashed this kernel since day 1 released

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

i found another problem, actually it happen since day 1 , the back and home button not responsive sometime . i have to turn off the screen and on.

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
No, i flashed this kernel since day 1 released

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

i found another problem, actually it happen since day 1 , the back and home button not responsive sometime . i have to turn off the screen and on.

Are you on stock Sense or some custom Sense ROM? I've been on stock Sense since day 1 together with my first kernel and I haven't experienced the button sensitivity problem. :confused:

*come to think of it, there's been so many editions of this device that there might be some discrepancy between them... :/

Last edited:

Jan 13, 2011
Are you on stock Sense or some custom Sense ROM? I've been on stock Sense since day 1 together with my first kernel and I haven't experienced the button sensitivity problem. :confused:

*come to think of it, there's been so many editions of this device that there might be some discrepancy between them... :/

i am on the ARHD Sense Rom, according to some expert said , there is known issue for the custom kernel,
it is because HTC did not release the updated source code to the public,

MrKudinGTO

May 17, 2012
If somebody have problems with the camera, use the camera Fix from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41712563

The bug is due to the old source code, released by HTC

If you are using a ROM based in 1.29.xxx.16 like the most of the new custom Roms flash just after the kernel.

Are the old camera libraries, that works with the Custom kernels.

Not working for 1.29.707.16 base. Still stuck on black canvas and close by itself after a while. After a couple of time starting the camera, got a message "unable to start camera".

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
Not working for 1.29.707.16 base. Still stuck on black canvas and close by itself after a while. After a couple of time starting the camera, got a message "unable to start camera".

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

That's unfortunate. I'm not pretty good at debugging the camera and I don't want to go off my stock Sense so I can't debug this problem. :(

yew123

Dec 29, 2010
Brisbane
Hey, I'm really liking this Kernel :) are you considering adding button remapping options into the kernel like logo2menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Development Goals:
    - stability
    - energy savings due to more efficient algorithms (whether theoretical or not is unimportant)
    - strictly no overclocking unless approved by the manufacturer or my source base integrates it (also, even if my source base integrates it, expect no support for it)
    - no undervolting as well unless the manufacturer approves it since it's relatively pointless IMHO...
    - all improvements should require MINIMAL user interaction (e.g. you don't need to do anything except flash the kernel or at the very least use SetCPU or the like to set fixed options)
    - stability

Latest Kernel Here

20130625_10XX:
    - updated with fix for more recent 4.1.2 Sense ROMs (should fix camera issue)
    *unsure if this becomes incompatible with older 4.1.2 Sense ROMs though

20130602_07XX:
    - NTFS support
    - compiled using 4.8 linaro compiler
    - improved workqueue queueing
    - sleeper improvements
    - responsiveness patches to the frequency controllers

20130531_09XX:
    - fixed earpiece volume during calls

20130528_17XX:
    - more optimizations (see GitHub)

20130527_18XX:
    - more ARM implementations (see GitHub)

20130527_10XX:
    - ARM implementations of kernel algorithms (see GitHub)

20130527_09XX:
    - compiler optimization flags

20130526_22XX:
    - initial version
    - uses Linaro compiler

You can find my kernels at:
    intersectRaven's Kernels

GitHub is at:
    intersectRaven's GitHub
    Could you please expound on your statement that undervolting is relatively pointless?

From my experience, undervolting
    1. Improves battery life because of lower wattage (Voltage * Amperage = Wattage). Even with a really bad binned CPU, it can still make a difference.
    2. Cooler operation. This means longer component life - especially important as this phone is very difficult to repair. Battery is sandwiched so the cooler we can keep the device, the longer the battery will last. (Battery longevity practices could be a topic of it's own)
    3. It's Fun! Haha. But seriously. I love to tinker. How low can you go??? It's fun seeing a 25% decrease in voltage and it still run stable

I really like your approach with the rest of your points though. We should have a stable kernel that doesn't have to be tuned or tweaked at all. This however, only suites the majority. The minority may want more. I'm currently in the process of making a kernel with as few restrictions as possible. Except that I will put a ceiling on the maximum voltage (1.25v for the cpu)) because I discourage overvolting beyond spec.

Anyway, thanks for the work. The One is Awesome!

Should have put a qualifier there huh? Anyways, it's pointless from a no tweaking perspective since undervolting may not work for some chips and could cause more trouble (random restarts and the like) than it's worth. It's fun for a tweaker (like when I did something like that for the N1) but not for someone who's the flash and forget type. :fingers-crossed:
    The latest kernel I uploaded is available. However, I think it causes an increase in heating up. Please report your observations if this is true with you as well. :)
    FAQ or something like that:

1.) Camera doesn't work!
    - Try this fix from Golv here. This usually occurs on older ROMs.
    *Latest 20130625_10XX version should solve this without flashing older camera libs.