AT&T 4.2.2 update rolling out now!

Search This thread

wannabegt4

Jul 1, 2008
Just checked for an update and it is downloading now. Let's see how badly I can mess up my phone doing an OTA while rooted with several xposed modules installed.

OTA update files can be downloaded here:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=11697

Use twistedddx's instructions below to flash:

You need:
1)Stock 3.18.502.6 install. eg 3.18.502.6 RUU
2)S-On and CWS__001 or S-Off and supercid. Must be S-Off
3)stock recovery, eg 3.18.502.6 RUU
4)Place 3.18.502.9 OTApkg.zip on phone storage (16mb)
5)boot into stock recovery
6)press volup + power repeatedly until menu appears
7)install from phone storage
8)select the OTAPkg.zip
9)boot rom
10)place 5.18.502.1 OTAPkg.zip on phone storage (527mb)
11)boot into stock recovery
12)press volup + power repeatedly until menu appears
13)install from phone storage
14)select the OTAPkg.zip
15)boot rom

Do not confuse your OTAPkg.zip files, you could rename them prior to placing them on your phone to something less confusing.
---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Updates must be flashed in order, none can be skipped.

Last edited:

wannabegt4

Jul 1, 2008
;) It needs the stock recovery. I wouldn't be able to install it even if I wanted to since I've got TWRP installed. I might go back to stock and then do an OTA later just for fun. That is unless an RUU shows up before then, but we know how that goes.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I was assuming you had flashed the stock recovery in order to install the OTA. Once you've downloaded it the file should be stored in /cache I believe. If you move it to your sd card you can manually install it through stock recovery, assuming you have the 3.18 stock ROM installed.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: wannabegt4

wannabegt4

Jul 1, 2008
It was a really small update for such a large change; just 16MB. I'd think with a version bump and Sense 5 update it should have been larger.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
It was a really small update for such a large change; just 16MB. I'd think with a version bump and Sense 5 update it should have been larger.

There is no way that is the full Sense 5 Android 4.2.2 update. Might just be an intermediate update that is needed before the "big one" can be installed. Maybe a new hboot (not sure if they have every deployed those by themselves)?

wannabegt4

Jul 1, 2008
This was in android-info.txt from the firmware.zip that I pulled out of the OTApkg.zip:

modelid: PJ8310000
cidnum: CWS__001
mainver: 3.18.502.9
btype:1
aareport:1
hbootpreupdate:3

It also had these files in it:
boot.img
hboot_2.14.0000_signedbyaa.nb0
rcdata.img
recovery.img

xxnatanxx

Mar 25, 2013
Did this change anything? I just downloaded the 16 mb update
Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

hari04415

Jul 2, 2012
After downloading the small update, disable the automatic time and date update. Then set the date to tomorrow and then check for update. You should a 537MB update.

sarianrogue

Jan 29, 2014
I got the 16MB update and now my htcdm keeps crashing every time I restart my phone. And when I set the date forward "Check for Updates" doesn't do anything at all. 100% Stock. Of course this couldn't just go smoothly.

wannabegt4

Jul 1, 2008
I got the 16MB update and now my htcdm keeps crashing every time I restart my phone. And when I set the date forward "Check for Updates" doesn't do anything at all. 100% Stock. Of course this couldn't just go smoothly.
Figures. I was hoping for some Sense 5 goodness and still be able to use Isis payments. So far no other ROM with Sense 5 can do NFC payments as far as I know.

sarianrogue

Jan 29, 2014
Guess I'll just wait until HTC puts the rom up on their site (or until someone here uploads it....pretty please)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys I just posted on the HOX group on my Google+ and want to share with all of you
    (https://plus.google.com/108770751699893281507/posts/FPaErCW2JAH)

Great news... RUU has been released. Download at:
    http://dl3.htc.com/application/HTC_One_X_RUU_5.18.502.1.exe
    Just checked for an update and it is downloading now. Let's see how badly I can mess up my phone doing an OTA while rooted with several xposed modules installed.

OTA update files can be downloaded here:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=11697

Use twistedddx's instructions below to flash:

You need:
    2)S-On and CWS__001 or S-Off and supercid. Must be S-Off
    8)select the OTAPkg.zip
    9)boot rom
    14)select the OTAPkg.zip
    15)boot rom

Do not confuse your OTAPkg.zip files, you could rename them prior to placing them on your phone to something less confusing.
    ---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

I was unsuccessful in getting it installed. With the stock recovery, the SD card wouldn't mound. I tried CWM and couldn't get it to go. Im out of ideas.

You need:
    2)S-On and CWS__001 or S-Off and supercid, but NOT S-On and supercid.
    8)select the OTAPkg.zip
    9)boot rom
    14)select the OTAPkg.zip
    15)boot rom

Is it ok to update the phone directly by using bigger update (573mb) or 16mb pre update is really required. What if I tried to update the phone by RUU (manually, from HTC support page) without 16mb pre update.

It's a stock firmware update so if you are s off I don't think it will work. Could potentially brick your phone

This is most likely false. AFAIK s-off in itself will not prevent you from getting an update or installing it. Custom recovery will force the update to fail, as OTAs require stock recovery to be present. This is the main reason folks with modded phones have trouble installing OTAs.

In fact, if you are modded or want to, s-off is probably the safest state to be in if you want to try to install the OTA. S-off virtually guarantees that any increased safety measures (which have been implemented with every new official AT&T firmware) do not close the loopholes needed for root, installing custom ROMs, etc.