(No Longer Available Been Contacted By Swype)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Jul 9, 2011
Wisconsin
Awesome, AproSamurai!...I'm hooked on Swype, and I'm really glad to see you got this working.

The shortcuts are like ninja keyboarding.

Touched your thanks button. :)

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
I didn't think Swype was this popular. Lol. I use swiftkey X, but Swype is a close second.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App

AproSamurai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
Awesome, AproSamurai!...I'm hooked on Swype, and I'm really glad to see you got this working.

The shortcuts are like ninja keyboarding.

Touched your thanks button. :)

Always.:) Thanks it's beyond appreciated. xD

I didn't think Swype was this popular. Lol. I use swiftkey X, but Swype is a close second.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App

Yeah, lol it just depends on the person I suppose. Swiftkey's system for autocorrection is extremely beautiful, I tend to go back and forth between them.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Last edited:

mixedlemon

Jun 27, 2009
This worked flawlessly on my HTC Incredible on Verizon.

Thanks man, I've been looking everywhere for a way to get this working ever since I saw the video of it!

Nov 20, 2010
I didn't have to change permissions or uninstall the original swype. I just downloaded the zip and extracted it. Then used apk manager to install the update and it works perfect. THANKS

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

webmastir

Oct 28, 2009
cool. works pretty good so far on my Droid X running CM7.

it does, however, FC if you switch themes (at least it did for me), but who cares...nice to check out the latest version. i too like the sprint skin on this.

thx
thumbsup.gif

00McD00

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2010
Iowa
www.alwaysandroid.org
I can also confirm it works great on my Incredible, running the GB update leak. Switches themes just fine too. Would love to see someone be able to skin this with the Motorola swype theme. How it's kind of light greyish, I love that look. Thanks so much this though.

ivlis

Jul 4, 2010
Works great on Nexus S with cm7.1.

Any plans to add other languages from English and Spanish?

Sn0opy

Aug 10, 2010
Works great with my ZTE Blade and CM7.

Unfortunately keyboard layout is only in english and spanish :(

m7mkesys

Feb 16, 2008
Cologne
works greate on sgs1 with 2.3.4 JVR juwes rom. But only english and espanol dictionary, not german one or others :(:(
thx for your work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry guys, but I've been contacted by Swype and they've asked me to take it down, which I can wholeheartedly respect. They've said that they would release a beta version of it later this week to the registered testers. So I formally am going to take it down and request for the thread to be closed. I hope I was of some help. :)
    Ok, I downloaded the file before takedown and works on desire hd / inspire 4g with Cyanogenmod. Does anybody know how to put some more languages support? It supposedly offers english AND spanish, but choosing spanish reverts back to english immediately.

Thx
    Won't this not work if you have a rom with 8-lock (or ACS, or anything that changes th carrier pulldown)? And what's so special about Nexus S's swype?

No? I'm running unnamed 1.4 and Sculpted v2 with custom carrier and not a problem at all. 2 hours for me so far.

It allows gestures to open Twitter Facebook Google Maps, as well as copy, paste, cut, select all. It's just unique.
    Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
    I installed the apk with out doing anything.... not even uninstalling the previous version??? I'm on Decad3nce's stock EH06 rom with my VIPERtheme port.... I'm not a swype person but I'm gonna use this in the port and have it themed

Thank you so much for posting this up here =D
    The Galaxy Ace might be an MDPI device, which means the keyboard is too large for it. Before changing ANY files to your device, you should always create a backup.