How to install AOSP Browser on the N7 Now with an updated flashable method

Search This thread

caanda45

Sep 10, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I am being an idiot here can someone if possible kindly take a screen shot of the permissions, so simple but for some reason this is not working for me. Just won`t play flash...ughhhh...

platinumandroid

Apr 5, 2010
Orange County
I am being an idiot here can someone if possible kindly take a screen shot of the permissions, so simple but for some reason this is not working for me. Just won`t play flash...ughhhh...

4404967d-36b4-fc45.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: caanda45

Censura_Umbra

Apr 10, 2011
Boston, MA
Also try wiping cache and dalvik. Rebooting and make sure your flash apk is good. Someone posted one earlier in this thread

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

caanda45

Sep 10, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thanks for all the help did everything and it still will not play flash. I am going to flash a custom rom that has flash.....seems the easiest thing to do....

egomezmorales

Oct 3, 2007
Carolina
Aosp browser is just like ICS Browser + on the play store? Side loaded flash apk, downloaded the ICS browser and it works perfect

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

1jklange

Dec 14, 2010
Browser Apk cannt be moved

Can anyone help me figure out why the apk wont move? I rooted and am using root explorer with, I believe, root permissions..

Censura_Umbra

Apr 10, 2011
Boston, MA
Not sure, I use es explorer in that app, you need to check:
-up to root
root explorer
Mount as writable
Etc

You probably need to mount the folder as writable

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

1jklange

Dec 14, 2010
Okay thank you. I got the file to move but now when I go to install it in the system/app folder it says there was a problem parsing the package.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Censura_Umbra

Apr 10, 2011
Boston, MA
Did you change the permissions yet? If so just restart the tablet and the browser should be in your app drawer, if not the permissions are rw-r--r--

Or
R. R. R
W - -
- - -

Depends on if your explorer places the words in columns or rows

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

nickles96

Mar 14, 2008
Okay thank you. I got the file to move but now when I go to install it in the system/app folder it says there was a problem parsing the package.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

You don't actually install it. By placing it in your system\app folder, it will initialize when you boot up.
Read the OP again word for word.
This works like a champ!! Very very happy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Censura_Umbra

Apr 10, 2011
Boston, MA
Bookmarks sync is what caused the complication initially. That is why we remove browserproxys to remove bookmark sync. If you want book mark sync you should use chrome.

I use chrome for everything then use the app called flashify to easily open any flash page in the browser just by sharing it from chrome.

Plus the nexus asks very nicely with almost every link whether you want chrome or browser. If you know it is flash choose browser.

However if you want to fix the bookmark sync I imagine the issue is with an interference from the chrome bookmark sync. (Not sure why as they both sync fine on cm9 for my phone)

But to fix that you would probably have to data wipe the nexus to remove accounts and such, then remove all chrome related things from system/app. Then install the browser without removing browser proxy

I'm not sure if this will work 100%
And I have no desire to test it because
A) I don't want to wipe my tablet again
B) I like chrome

But if anyone decides to try it, please let us know how it went and I will update the op

Ray1

Aug 13, 2011
Bookmarks sync is what caused the complication initially. That is why we remove browserproxys to remove bookmark sync. If you want book mark sync you should use chrome.

I use chrome for everything then use the app called flashify to easily open any flash page in the browser just by sharing it from chrome.

Plus the nexus asks very nicely with almost every link whether you want chrome or browser. If you know it is flash choose browser.

However if you want to fix the bookmark sync I imagine the issue is with an interference from the chrome bookmark sync. (Not sure why as they both sync fine on cm9 for my phone)

But to fix that you would probably have to data wipe the nexus to remove accounts and such, then remove all chrome related things from system/app. Then install the browser without removing browser proxy

I'm not sure if this will work 100%
And I have no desire to test it because
A) I don't want to wipe my tablet again
B) I like chrome

But if anyone decides to try it, please let us know how it went and I will update the op

I like chrome too. Thanks.

pilayo

May 29, 2009
The paranoid ROM has the aosp browser with bookmark sync also you can install chrome and have both browsers with bookmark sync

Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tired of 3rd party browsers? Need flash?

Here you go :D

Before going on, this flashable ZIP is the easiest way:
    4.2.0:
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1527845&d=1354392717
    4.2.1:
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1527847&d=1354392850
    Credit and thanks go to Sikagoon7

Here is the link to the apk I used, it is from a Nexus S JB ROM, but ICS may work too. IDK:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11759879/Browser.apk

I used ES file explorer with root permissions to do this.

Just place this app in your /system/app folder, change the permissions from rw------- to rw-r--r--

NOW this is important, If you see a browser browserproxyprovider.odex You should rename them! I just threw a 1 after the file extensions.
    If you don't do this step the browser will just forceclose.

Now reboot and you are all set :D

I haven't tested everything yet. But it loads webpages and the settings menu. I will check flash and make sure everything is fine with chrome when I'm no longer in class.

Flash work perfectly. Better than it did on ics
    Whoo!

Note: If you have any issues, please try wiping cache and dalvik
    Okay, since it looks like no one got the sync thing down, I'll spill.

1. Download ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
    2. Push it to /system/app/
    3. Change permissions to rw-r--r-- (not sure if necessary, but do it anyway)
    4. Restart
    5. Go into Settings -> Google Account
    6. Select the account you want to sync
    7. Check browser to turn bookmarks sync on
    8. Fire up Browser. Tada!
    You want an amazing browswer WITH flash on the Nexus 7
    sideload the latest Firefox
    Hi guys,
    I just make an archive for JZO54K ROM :
    - AOSPBrowser_4.1.2-34.apk
    - install_flash_player_ics_11.1.115.20.apk
    Link : db.tt/tXystla3
    That's could help someone ;)
    I think you'll need the JB version, am fairly sure you could extract the one from the new AOSP ROM.

Is there an AOSP Rom for the Nexus7?? I searched the Dev thread and saw none.
    link?

I did pull the browser from a AOSP JB rom for the Nexus S. It force closed again when it tried to sign in.

Here is the apk:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11759879/Browser.apk