Gmail update

Search This thread

JAPC0

Feb 21, 2013
Who likes/dislikes the gmail update?

Are you talking about the 4.5 Version? It seems a little "kid-ish" to me. Especially when I am not receiving emails from other gmail users. All I see are random colored blocks with the first letter of everyone's name before the email.

I am not sure if there are more tweaks/features.. but so far I'm not impressed.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Are you talking about the 4.5 Version? It seems a little "kid-ish" to me. Especially when I am not receiving emails from other gmail users. All I see are random colored blocks with the first letter of everyone's name before the email.

I am not sure if there are more tweaks/features.. but so far I'm not impressed.

Yea the blocks for the highlighted letter of the email is kind of stupid. I do however like the option to finally empty the trash

Sent from my ThunderBolt, soon to be S3

JWalker

Jul 24, 2012
Don't like the blocks.
Don't like when you change archive and delete options to show archive and delete it changes the swipe setting to archive) I was using it for delete.

+1 on being able to empty trash.

Reactions: arathorn4

viskey

Oct 19, 2011
im not impressed with it either. its harder to delete email for one, and still no option to delete individual emails instead of the whole "conversation". At least online, there is a setting to turn conversation view on or off. That needs to be in the app as well. and i agree that the colored blocks need to change. the contact pics are ok, but colors aren't. you can shut that off though in the settings....

yichen382

Aug 5, 2011
I use aquamail instead of gmail. It's a lot more customizable and the IMAP push works perfectly with gmail account.

hallstevenson

Feb 7, 2010
Germantown OH
im not impressed with it either. its harder to delete email for one, and still no option to delete individual emails instead of the whole "conversation". At least online, there is a setting to turn conversation view on or off.
Yeah, I dislike that as well. Have to long-press then get the delete option.

I quit using Gmail for my work mail because of the inability to delete individual messages. If someone responds ”thanks”, I have no interest in keeping those !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: arathorn4

viskey

Oct 19, 2011
Yeah, I dislike that as well. Have to long-press then get the delete option.

I quit using Gmail for my work mail because of the inability to delete individual messages. If someone responds ”thanks”, I have no interest in keeping those !

I agree, I delete them on the web version too, to keep it clean. But yet they still show up on the app...Lol...go figure

Hmong_Xiong

Mar 17, 2011
I feel like they went more towards a windows look now :\ but it's ok, just getting used to it

pwoz

Apr 11, 2013
I don't like the new look. I'm glad I can hide those stupid colored boxes, but the emails are still too big when scrolling through them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I went to general settings and selected "Archive & Delete Actions":

harT1Jd.png

Then chose "Show Delete Only" (as I don't archive very often):

oPdx7BY.png

And then when I swipe right on an email, it deletes it.

=)
    I'm running the 4.5 update and it looks real nice. Contact images show up on the emails.
    Don't like the blocks.
    Don't like when you change archive and delete options to show archive and delete it changes the swipe setting to archive) I was using it for delete.

+1 on being able to empty trash.
    You can remove the blocks and pics of other users if you wish. There is an option under settings. Since I removed the blocks..... I love it!

Sent from my PACmaned, ktoonzified SGS3!
    Ever since I got the update I can't get gmail to send notification to my phone. Other than that everything else seems ok, nothing to exciting.