How to: Root 4.3 & Install CWM SGH-T889

Search This thread

youStolemylaptop

Mar 21, 2012
On a side not Vroot and kingo will root without messing up the Knox. Just Google them. They were removed from xda because some suspicion of virus, but I didn't have s problem

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

may I ask, since it trips the warranty & I don't have warranty / insurance. would tripping that matter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

dilwaladoctor

Nov 20, 2010
Midwest
Stupid question but have to ask it just to be 100% sure:
After flashing CWM, can I flash a deodexed 4.1.2 firmware? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sValtman17

Apr 26, 2012
Modem works great!

I thank the OP for updating the post to reflect the Knox issue... but I think anyone with a Note 2 should have already been aware of such issues when rooting. Even if they weren't around for the "modified/binary count/triangle away" disscussions... those that did root, still had to deal with those issue and heard all about them... and now that we've headed towards that next phase of OTA's... it's hard to think anyone has not seen/heard/read something on Knox itself... I can hardly go 5 topics without seeing something related to Knox posted within the first 2 pages... I commend the OP for updating... but how can people be so careless with a phone that cost $400-700. Especially when the first rule of xda is "read first" followed by rule two "at your own risk"

Ultimately, I tripped out about the whole "modified status won't allow OTA's / void warranty" at first and in the end it was patched... I hope for everyone's sake, this gets the same solution... like Coug, I'm holding out for the moment, but I do have faith

Yeah, I'm holding out too. However, definitely try out the T889UVUCMK7 modem, significantly improved my reception and battery.

purpstar

Sep 14, 2009
Would tripping knox make the allshare dongle not work..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cr2069

Apr 9, 2010
Didn't work on my T889v, updated to latest SuperSU, it still displays warning, no rooting.....

cr2069

Apr 9, 2010
At last worked!

Didn't work on my T889v, updated to latest SuperSU, it still displays warning, no rooting.....

Well, I re-flashed with another official version of CF-AUTO-ROOT, then opened the Play Store and tried to update SuperSU. However, SuperSU was not installed so It asked me to install the binary, I chose "Normal" installation. Then it asked "Seems like you updated to Samsung Knox, do you want to disable it?" or something like that. And of course, I clicked "yes", and it went through and I now have a rooted Note 2! Thanks OP!

Last edited:

vinterchaos

May 7, 2008
South of Boston
Thanks for this, I'll be doing it later. My non rooted Note 2 is lagging pretty bad and the amount of bloat is absurd and I can no longer ignore it.

Just wish I didn't need wifi calling so much :(

youStolemylaptop

Mar 21, 2012
Thanks for this, I'll be doing it later. My non rooted Note 2 is lagging pretty bad and the amount of bloat is absurd and I can no longer ignore it.

Just wish I didn't need wifi calling so much :(

you can root it and install JediX. it had the WiFi calling feature on it.

xethcore

Oct 7, 2009
Thanks can't wait to try it, I don't ever downgrade so not worried about that. For the warranty I just say I lost the phone grab a new one and root away lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Keep in mind that if you follow this method, you are tripping the knox flag to a 0x1. This completed voids your warranty and until this moment there's no possible way to research back to a 0x0.

I used Oden to apply the Chainfire root. After rebooting, Knox told me it prevented an unauthorized app from accessing secure area of the phone. Then SuperSU FC'ed. I went to play, updated it SuperSU, and opened it. After a brief pause, it asked "Do you want to disable Knox?". I pondered that question intently, and in about 10ms, answered OF COURSE! It the successfully disabled knox.

After, go into the play store, and download "Rom Manager". Open it up, and click on the first tab. "Recovery Setup" (Even if it says that you already have CWM recovery installed, still do these steps) After clicking on that tab, on the list "Install or Update recovery" Click on ClockwordMod Recovery. Then click on our device name. A box will pop up suggesting you have Wi-Fi (If you're not already on it), just click OK. And then it'll automatically download it and flash it. There you go.

Sorry if this has already been posted. People might think that there is a different way to root 4.3, just here to help.

Took part of this from erkme73​
    Would you mind giving me a link to this, and how you are updating to it? did it work for you?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975560

My first download attempt failed. Back to waiting. I'm still noob at this though, so maybe my plan isn't a very good one....lol

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

UPDATE: Flashed the root injected 4.3 on my SGH-T889 and everything is working great. Confirmed root :D
    I thank the OP for updating the post to reflect the Knox issue... but I think anyone with a Note 2 should have already been aware of such issues when rooting. Even if they weren't around for the "modified/binary count/triangle away" disscussions... those that did root, still had to deal with those issue and heard all about them... and now that we've headed towards that next phase of OTA's... it's hard to think anyone has not seen/heard/read something on Knox itself... I can hardly go 5 topics without seeing something related to Knox posted within the first 2 pages... I commend the OP for updating... but how can people be so careless with a phone that cost $400-700. Especially when the first rule of xda is "read first" followed by rule two "at your own risk"

Ultimately, I tripped out about the whole "modified status won't allow OTA's / void warranty" at first and in the end it was patched... I hope for everyone's sake, this gets the same solution... like Coug, I'm holding out for the moment, but I do have faith

Thanks .. worked like a charm
    NO LONGER WORKING- t889 4.3

got thru everything, but knox will not allow the supersu to update. play store wont update because of latest version of SU. SU keeps saying "UNFORTUNATELY, SUPERSU HAS STOPPED":crying::crying: