[Q] How to make sd card default storage?

Search This thread

junkmail9

I s-offed my HTC evo 3d. It was really easy to do lol, I did it with the jb wire trick. With the fastboot command you mean fastboot/flash.. Etc?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yep. If you can get comfortable enough with Linux, DirtyRacun s-off is easy, too. Just be sure to read up on the temp root process here on xda, and follow the directions exactly from the unlimited site.

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk MegaSuperb Pro

Reactions: TeChNoC4AzY

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Yep. If you can get comfortable enough with Linux, DirtyRacun s-off is easy, too. Just be sure to read up on the temp root process here on xda, and follow the directions exactly from the unlimited site.

I just hit a roadblock >temp root access< Won't my phone be rooted when I get a rom? Like permanent root? Usually roms are pre rooted.

Last edited:

junkmail9

I just hit a roadblock >temp root access< Won't my phone be rooted when I get a rom? Like permanent root? Usually roms are pre rooted.

Yes and No. You must first unlock the bootloader before you can install another ROM. To do that for this phone, you'll need temp root access to get into the needed/presently locked areas the phone to make the changes required to unlock it.

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Yes and No. You must first unlock the bootloader before you can install another ROM. To do that for this phone, you'll need temp root access to get into the needed/presently locked areas the phone to make the changes required to unlock it.

Hmm. On my HTC evo 3d I just went to htc dev and it was a simple process that didn't require any pre rooting at all. Unless this droid is different?

junkmail9

Hmm. On my HTC evo 3d I just went to htc dev and it was a simple process that didn't require any pre rooting at all. Unless this droid is different?

Oh, yeah. When it comes to unlocking the bootloader, yes, this phone is different. It is not supported for dev unlock on the HTC site. Thanks, Verizon. I deleted my rant above.... Don't get me started.

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Oh, yeah. When it comes to unlocking the bootloader, yes, this phone is different. It is not supported for dev unlock on the HTC site. Thanks, Verizon. I deleted my rant above.... Don't get me started.

Lol. When it comes to rooting and all I think samsung phones win. I have the Galaxy note 1 as well, all I had to do was put a recovery on it, and I could flash away lol. But this droid is still faster, except for the cpu but that will be fixed soon:D I thought I saw afew kitkat roms for this droid and if so!!! Omg it will run so smooth - thank you adreno 225!!!! This was worth the money. Big time. The pawnshop even gave me 10$ off it was 80$ but I got 70$ a much more fair price! And if htc designed this phone how can Verizon take control of it? As far as bootloader unlocking?

Last edited:

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Omg I just remembered this. Will I be able to unlock the bootloader with Windows or will I need to use Linux for everything? :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    62 people looked at this thread. No one knows? Please reply.

Wow. Patience is a virtue. Yes, you will need to be rooted. If you just got the phone yesterday, hopefully you are still on build 2.17.605.2 or earlier.

I suggest that you look at the Droid Incredible 4G LTE Resource Index in the General area. That will point you to rooting methods, and there is also a link to Jose's SD Card Swap Mod that does exactly what you are looking for.
    Root it now and get on a ROM that isn't subject to the OTA before the OTA finds its way into your phone before it's too late!

I do recommend s,-off, as it makes like much easier. Try making an Ububtu Live CD and play around with it to see if you can get comfortable with it before trying DirtyRacun. You can also look at face palm method.

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk2
    (now and get on a ROM that isn't subject to the OTA before the OTA finds its way into your phone before it's too late!) < I'm a little confused with what that means?

If you root and stay "rooted stock", you'll get the OTA. No bueño.

The 2.1.1 release of ViperLTE also gets the Verizon OTA notice. No bueño. If like Sense-based ROMs, I highly recommend the latest ViperLTE version 2.2.0, as it has setting to turn off OTA checks. I have not received an OTA notification since installing 2.2.0 and ticking that setting. I was getting them on 2.1.1.

I would fully expect that CyanogenMod to not get an OTA notice, either. However, I cannot confirm.
    See here's the thing. I do not have this phone activated, I just use it on wifi. I tried updating the firmware but the checking for New update is there for a split second and goes away. Nothing else happens. So I guess this phone can't be updated. But i will unlock and install a rom asap.
    Can you recommend a rom I use? Like jelly bean or Kitkat? Hopefully one rom here has sense 5 :sly:

I suggest poking around the development section here for various ROMs. Unfortunately, Verizion has (had?) no love for this phone, and they have been blocking bootloader unlocking via HTC. ...[long story and rant omitted]... As a result, there are not a lot of custom ROMs for this phone.
    Wait so how can I unlock my bootloader if they are locking it? Unless it's because I am on hboot 1.15?

Only build version 2.17.605.2 appears unlockable... The original, "first shipped" build was not. First OTA (2.17.605.2) is unlockable. The latest build version appears (so far) to not be unlockable...