ASUS (Gary Key) UNKNOWN Serial Fix - Post Results

Search This thread

_Gir_

Dec 18, 2011
On January 8th I spent 3 hours with Asus on the phone. I talked to a few different people. was put on hold various times. Here are the replies I got from each before I was put on hold for a long time, and the what I said after it.

1)
ASUS: It's not suppose to have a serial number on the device
ME: I have 3 other android devices, all show the serial #, also my nieghbors TP shows a serial number, so is his device defective?

2)
ASUS: Wipe the data, and you should be able to update after that.
ME: Please wait on the line while I do this...(10 min later) No it's still not getting the update

3)
ASUS: Let me walk you thru how to install the update manually
ME: I just spent 500+ on a device, unless doing the update manually is going to fix the issue of it now updating automatically, I'm not going to start putting work-a-rounds into my routine for this device.

4)
ASUS: There are no updates currently avialble for that device.
ME: I got angry here. I'm on 2.7, there was a release 2.9, and current is 3.3. Do I need to send you the link to your own product support site? Please Connect me to a supervisor or someone who can fix this issue.

5)
ASUS: You've reached the desk of supervisor _________ I'm currently not able to take your call Please leave a name and # and I'll get back to you.
ME: WTF Is this a joke? I've been on the phone for 3 hours dealing with the issue and you end up sending me to a voicemail to end my call. I'm done with you guys and am reporting you to the BBB and will deal directly with my distributor to get a new device.

Thanks for being no help.

On the 13th of January I returned the device.

Why not do an exchange?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just tried it twice. Did nothing except delete all my apps, settings, music, and books. Serial number still unknown, still can't get ICS. I wish Asus would just post the friggin update on their site so I can manually update for now until they get this sorted out.