Take a look at these battery stats: all of a sudden, my battery life is crap!

Search This thread

ijoshv2

Apr 22, 2010
Reno, NV
So, I've been using CleanGB 1.1.2 for a few weeks, and I tried flashing a cm7 rom. Didn't like how much issues I was having, so I restored my old CleanGB rom. Ever since, my battery life is pathetic. I have an extended battery, usually charge it from 40% to 100% while I sleep. Now, its always charging because it dies so fast.
Take a look at the links, anyone have any answers? Thank you!

http://t.co/L0aSUgp
http://t.co/faqmazL
http://t.co/2Db8fRn

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Percentages don't tell us anything. What is your display on time? What is listed in running services? How much deep sleep is your phone getting? These are all that matter, not the battery screenies.
If you have 30 minutes screen on time with high intensity and are syncing something in a poor signal area that percentage is typical. If your phone is just sitting there and it drops that much an hour later then there is an errant app not closing.

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Wiping battery stats does nothing... id recommend follow kenny's advice here, we can't really help you if you don't help us help you =].

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

ijoshv2

Apr 22, 2010
Reno, NV
How can I prevent apps from opening in the background? Like, games for some reason are in my backgrounded apps. I never opened that game, so why is it starting?
Any advice on making sure these apps don't start unless I make it start myself?

ijoshv2

Apr 22, 2010
Reno, NV
My phone also restarts itself at 8% battery. Annoying. I'm about to just change phones.

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
My phone also restarts itself at 8% battery. Annoying. I'm about to just change phones.

Hmm you might have a bad phone or there's something wrong. Id try going back to stock. Then re root and try a solid ROM. Like kennys's people rom or something else... see if that helps at all...

GGLDN

Apr 14, 2012
London
Problem is clear, all stats are fine except android system and display,no way is display that low it should be at least 60% the higher the better as it uses the most battery out of the lost batt, android system is way to high and I don't think there is a way to check what exactly it is, I would say flash a new rom.I had abnormally high cell standby and the other cell think I forgot the name haha, flashed a new rom (reaper 2.2.2) and I've had normal stats with display using the most. Get cpuspy battery monitor widget and spareparts and analyse your batt

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Problem is clear, all stats are fine except android system and display,no way is display that low it should be at least 60% the higher the better as it uses the most battery out of the lost batt, android system is way to high and I don't think there is a way to check what exactly it is, I would say flash a new rom.I had abnormally high cell standby and the other cell think I forgot the name haha, flashed a new rom (reaper 2.2.2) and I've had normal stats with display using the most. Get cpuspy battery monitor widget and spareparts and analyse your batt

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA

Nope that's how touchwiz is on this phone the android system is and has always been the highest.... its the opposite on aosp.

ijoshv2

Apr 22, 2010
Reno, NV
Can someone tell me why exactly that apps i do not initiate are starting up and running in the background? Like voicemail. It shouldn't run unless I access it. Or games. Or the stock messaging app, when I'm using go SMS. Wtf is going on?

GGLDN

Apr 14, 2012
London
Nope that's how touchwiz is on this phone the android system is and has always been the highest.... its the opposite on aosp.

ohhh i see, still why not try another? android system being so high just doesnt sound good, whats the maximum batt life you get?

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Can someone tell me why exactly that apps i do not initiate are starting up and running in the background? Like voicemail. It shouldn't run unless I access it. Or games. Or the stock messaging app, when I'm using go SMS. Wtf is going on?

They preload part of their code so that they open quicker when you want them. You can either use Autostarts to stop them or get paid version of Titanium Backup and freeze them until you want to use them or uninstall them.

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
ohhh i see, still why not try another? android system being so high just doesnt sound good, whats the maximum batt life you get?

On touchwiz? I don't know I've not been on it since cm9 released. But on cm9/aokp I get around 16hours with 4 being display. Or with my 3500 I get about 1day6hrs 5 or 6 being display.

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

That is just a misreport. It groups everything the phone does (basically being on except deep sleep) into Android System. The important stat is Display time.