Interest in Inspire AOSP?

Search This thread

DOAlaboratories

Jul 31, 2010
Simi Valley
I was wondering if any of you guys were interested in full AOSP build or if CM7 was good enough for all you. If so, would you guys like optimized or pure vanilla, or both? I have some time soon, so if there's enough interest I'll compile a build for all y'all.

So who wants it? :)
Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Reactions: bpodz34

PATWRIK

Jul 18, 2007
I, for one, would be interested in a AOSP rom for our Inspires. There are somethings in CM7 that I could careless for, although I found ways around them. ex: Removing ADW launcher and replacing with stock GB launcher.

TheBassman369

Dec 2, 2010
That would be great. CM7 is awesome but AOSP would be cool. I take it this was said blank canvas?

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

DOAlaboratories

Jul 31, 2010
Simi Valley
That would be great. CM7 is awesome but AOSP would be cool. I take it this was said blank canvas?

Exactly :) I love getting into new things, and AOSP was next on my list. Unfortunately, high school and a tattooing apprenticeship take up a lot of my time, so the kernel went unsupported for a bit. It's going on the backburner, but it'll be re-cooked after I finish porting AOSP. I'm shooting for a fully working MIUI kernel too now that we have gingerbread 1.3.18, but AOSP takes precedence. plus cattleprod should probably be able to beat me to it. :) so I should be able to get started tomorrow night, or Monday morning at latest.

TheBassman369

Dec 2, 2010
Exactly :) I love getting into new things, and AOSP was next on my list. Unfortunately, high school and a tattooing apprenticeship take up a lot of my time, so the kernel went unsupported for a bit. It's going on the backburner, but it'll be re-cooked after I finish porting AOSP. I'm shooting for a fully working MIUI kernel too now that we have gingerbread 1.3.18, but AOSP takes precedence. plus cattleprod should probably be able to beat me to it. :) so I should be able to get started tomorrow night, or Monday morning at latest.

That's great. Can't wait until it's done.

Feb 28, 2011
Chicago, IL
I've been waiting for a stock build of Gingerbread to be written for a while now! I hope this is made specifically for the Inspire 4G too... I'm tired of everything thinking I have a Desire HD. That noice-canceling mic means so much to me :p

Utilizing the source coding released by HTC, I assume?

DOAlaboratories

Jul 31, 2010
Simi Valley
Just an update: i started working on sunday. I made some progress but wubi dicked up my bootloader on my comp so i have to get back into it. I made a lot of headway though, so i'll let you guys know what's up later tonight :)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA App

Reactions: Anthonok

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what i found was that the proprietary files in cyanogenmod's github were incorrect. Someone uploaded files from the HTC speedy into the ace folder, so I'm pretty sure that's what was borking my builds. I edited my extract-files.sh to reflect it correctly, then used Kali-'s updated gingerbread drivers to get it correct. It's compiling now.
    I was wondering if any of you guys were interested in full AOSP build or if CM7 was good enough for all you. If so, would you guys like optimized or pure vanilla, or both? I have some time soon, so if there's enough interest I'll compile a build for all y'all.

So who wants it? :)
    Just an update: i started working on sunday. I made some progress but wubi dicked up my bootloader on my comp so i have to get back into it. I made a lot of headway though, so i'll let you guys know what's up later tonight :)

As soon as i get off (around 5:00 pacific) i'll work till about 3 in the morning on this. No giving up now :) i can't give an ETA yet as there's much to do and to work around, but i do promise that it'll be worked on nightly and i'll keep you guys updated.

still trying guys... working on this right now. I'm trying to use the "BOARD_NO_RGBX_8888 := true" fix for the drivers to see if it'll work