[APP] Quadrant Booster! [Rel: v1.0.0][Dt: 30/Aug/2011]

Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
[ info ]

Quadrant is a popular benchmark app used on Android devices...

Quadrant Booster is a simple app which boosts quadrant score... (using the i/o hack posted by zdzihu)

both quadrant standard & advanced are supported

u can click on the BOOST button to activate hack, and click on the DEACTIVATE button to deactivate hack...

the hack gets deactivated on each boot

[ requirements ]

1. Device running Andorid 2.1+
  2. Rooted
  3. Busybox
  4. Quadrant app (obviously :p)

[ tested on ]

• Xperia X10
  • Xperia X10 mini
  • Xperia Arc
  • Xperia Play

[ how to use ]

1. install app
  2. start app
  3. accept SU permission
  4. click on BOOST
  5. start quadrant
  6. run benchmark
  7. ENJOY the boost in score :p

[ Donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)
DONATE TO ME

DONATE TO zdzihu (app is based on the i/o hack he posted)

[ download link ]

Quadrant Booster v1.0.0

[ Google Play Link ]

[ troubleshooting ]

• try rebooting the device if the app doesnt start
  • make sure that Quadrant app is closed (not even running in background) before clicking on BOOST/DEACTIVATE (use task killer/system panel)
  • if it still doesnt work post the logcat

Attachments

• QuadrantBooster_v1.0.0.apk
    22 KB · Views: 4,189
Last edited:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
you are bored....:)

No more secrets, my friends will now find out I am full of crap when they use this app and get the same scores as me...

Please spend some time putting timescape onto non-stock launchers!

that will make me smile again:)

EDIT: I know you ca beat this on sgs2, but this from x10i....

EDIT

Hehehehehehheheheeheh
10 chars

for "Z" and the lulz

Not bad for an x10

Attachments

• device02.jpg
    device02.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,738
  • device03.jpg
    device03.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2,658
Last edited:

easye420

Sep 28, 2010
dude you made my day. :) :) :) now i beat all the xt720 users by alot 2800s my best when 1500s was all i was getting before. hopefully they dont find this so i can glote for a lil bit. lol thanks a million.

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Didn't help that much on my DHD. Running MIUI 1.8.26 with LordMod's 6.9.2 @ 2GHz

But i can't complain on the result.

uploadfromtaptalk1314668126779.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

DRTMI

Aug 16, 2010
Helped a little. DroidX running MIUI 1.7.22 at 1.45. The last one is without the app and I think the first one was a fluke. But then they all are.

Attachments

• 20110830_022938.jpg
    20110830_022938.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,172
  • 20110830_022747.jpg
    20110830_022747.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,124
  • 20110828_222413.jpg
    20110828_222413.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,164

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
And the point of this app is?
I mean, you could just photoshop the image and you'd get w/e score you wanted. :O

zimphishmonger

Jun 4, 2009
I cant believe you are actually asking for donations for this, you just put together an app from a hack people were working with a year an a half ago. This is NO different than the EXT hacks (remount) that we were using on the Galaxy S over a year ago. Its simply remounting the "data" portion of the Quadrant app to a temporary filesystem, tricking it into thinking it has significantly higher I/O (no actual performance gain). These hacks were quickly abandoned when Voodoo (native EXT4) was released by SuperCurio.

If all you care about is "higher" benchmarks based off something hacky, thats fine. Just dont think about comparing it to any other benchmark or quadrant score. Its not accurate in the least bit, all its showing is that you can hack you filesystems.

Article discussing this style of IO Hack

laneyofdeath

Jun 11, 2011
Manchester
I cant believe you are actually asking for donations for this, you just put together an app from a hack people were working with a year an a half ago. This is NO different than the EXT hacks (remount) that we were using on the Galaxy S over a year ago. Its simply remounting the "data" portion of the Quadrant app to a temporary filesystem, tricking it into thinking it has significantly higher I/O (no actual performance gain). These hacks were quickly abandoned when Voodoo (native EXT4) was released by SuperCurio.

If all you care about is "higher" benchmarks based off something hacky, thats fine. Just dont think about comparing it to any other benchmark or quadrant score. Its not accurate in the least bit, all its showing is that you can hack you filesystems.

Doom lord is an Xperia x10 legend. I think he stated it just for fun/showing off somewhere. if people were going to donate it would prob be for his kernel, doomkernel. :)

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
pretty sure it just does this:

mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /data/data/com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standard

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
How does it works ? Whats exactly the file that get changed or created/deleted to get high score ?

well it basically mounts the data folders of Quadrant in a temporary file system...

Yeah good question. Someone can post zdzihu patch?
Thanks

Inviato dal mio GT-S5570 usando Tapatalk

i am sorry but i currently cant find that specific link...

zdzihu had posted this "hack" ages ago :p (some time in June-July 2011) in the Xperia X10 forums...

thanks for that link... had not come across it before...

i had/have no idea about the Voodoo part by SuperCurio... this was posted way back when i was mostly using Xperia X10 & Xperia ARC, both of these devices are NAND based and give an EXTREMELY huge bump in quadrant after using the tmpfs hack...

also i dont expect anyone will donate for this... there are no banners/timeout in app to stop users and beg for "buying premium version/donate" :p btw if u have noticed i had already posted the donation link of the dev who posted that hack in our (Xperia X10) section...

btw this was just ment for some fun... some ROM modder use init.d scripts to add this kind of a "GOD MODE" in their roms... and anyways, most ppl know that quadrant sucks and cant really be used to compare device performance...

LOL! 6 months old thread featured now? wait let me check some of my old more useful dev threads ;)

Doom lord is an Xperia x10 legend. I think he stated it just for fun/showing off somewhere. if people were going to donate it would prob be for his kernel, doomkernel. :)

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

hehe yups... sadly i no longer have the X10 :(

pretty sure it just does this:

mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /data/data/com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standard

yes precisely! that and:
mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /data/data/com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.advanced

;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ info ]

Quadrant is a popular benchmark app used on Android devices...

Quadrant Booster is a simple app which boosts quadrant score... (using the i/o hack posted by zdzihu)

both quadrant standard & advanced are supported

u can click on the BOOST button to activate hack, and click on the DEACTIVATE button to deactivate hack...

the hack gets deactivated on each boot

[ requirements ]

1. Device running Andorid 2.1+
    2. Rooted
    3. Busybox
    4. Quadrant app (obviously :p)

[ tested on ]

• Xperia X10
    • Xperia X10 mini
    • Xperia Arc
    • Xperia Play

[ how to use ]

1. install app
    2. start app
    3. accept SU permission
    4. click on BOOST
    5. start quadrant
    6. run benchmark
    7. ENJOY the boost in score :p

[ Donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)
    DONATE TO ME

DONATE TO zdzihu (app is based on the i/o hack he posted)

[ download link ]

Quadrant Booster v1.0.0

[ Google Play Link ]

[ troubleshooting ]

• try rebooting the device if the app doesnt start
    • make sure that Quadrant app is closed (not even running in background) before clicking on BOOST/DEACTIVATE (use task killer/system panel)
    • if it still doesnt work post the logcat
    Would this work on an evo 4G?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

yes it should... please test it out and let me know...

And the point of this app is?
    I mean, you could just photoshop the image and you'd get w/e score you wanted. :O

what is the point of getting high benchmark scores?
    How does it works ? Whats exactly the file that get changed or created/deleted to get high score ?