[ROM] Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4 {UNOFFICAL p930} (07/17/14)

Search This thread

notzippy

Aug 3, 2010
Wandering
Feeling dirty ?

a0VQECm.png

Dirty Unicorns (DU) is a custom ROM originally based off AOKP, but now based from OmniROM. DU brings you a great mix of stability and customization. The idea to start a ROM like this was purely out of boredom, but later turned into a form of an addiction, a good one. We began to have fun while still doing things the right way. By doing so, we received high praise from not only our users but by fellow developers of other ROMs that also enjoy seeing things done the right way. This ROM will always be free of charge without any strings attached or any of it's developers luring you into donating, or any form of "pay to flash".

Features

-- Built-in ad blocker (able to update hosts on the fly)
-- Ability to disable FC notifications
-- Enable pointer/user microphone options (screen record)
-- Download Center (Gapps, Xposed, etc)
-- Ability to force Expanded Notifications
-- Over 100 cloud based wallpapers
-- Facebook Sync Hack
-- Immersive mode
-- Hot Reboot In Power Menu
-- Appbar (app sidebar)
-- Customizable Quick Settings
-- Customizable power menu
-- Customizable lockscreen shortcuts
-- App Ops access in Settings
-- TRDS (built in theme in settings)
-- Statusbar Clock options
-- NavBar Options
-- Halo (multi-tasking tool)
-- Halo size/color changer
-- Hardware key remap mod (only for HW button devices)
-- Battery Bar / Circle batteries
-- Network speed indicators in statusbar
-- SuperSU (chainfire)
-- Build.prop mods
-- Init.d Tweaks
-- Active Display (Moto X notifications)
-- ListView Animations
-- Custom System Animations
-- Toast Animations
-- Custom BusyDialog
-- Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
-- ScreenShot QuickTrash
-- Color Changing PhaseBeam
-- Gesture Anywhere
-- Button Light Notification
-- Statusbar Color options
-- OmniSwitch (multi-tasking tool)
-- Driving Mode
-- Lockscreen theme options
-- Lockscreen notifications / options
-- System App Remover
-- Identicons
-- Suspend Actions
-- Wakelock Actions
-- SlimROM based recents
-- Contextual notification panel headers
-- SlimROMs privacy guard
-- Blacklist calls/sms

-- And much much more, just take a peek in Dirty Tweaks for yourself and ENJOY!!!

Installation

- Make sure you have a custom recovery
- Wipe everything but your external/internal storage
- Move the ROM zip to your device
- Flash it and reboot
- Once the ROM boots, reboot back into recovery
- Flash the recommend GAPPS and ENJOY!!

Download
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567714220

Issues
- Enabling some of the multitasking features will cause the camera to fail and the rom to become unstable.
- Note enabling ART is not supported and will simply cause the ROM to continually reboot. That is because ART is not supported by the xposed framework used by this rom..
- Still is some BSOD..

Changes
[07/17/14]
Changed kernel to use miroslav 3.4
Added OC of 1566 MHz
Added 2 new governors - lulxactive, smartassv2

Have fun, stay dirty.

Last edited:

Swetnes

Aug 2, 2012
OnePlus 8
Any GPS lock issue or BSODs like I have experienced other KitKat Roms after 2/7?

Downloading now.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

notzippy

Aug 3, 2010
Wandering
Any GPS lock issue or BSODs like I have experienced other KitKat Roms after 2/7?

Downloading now.

Yes there are still occasional memory allocation issues (aka BSOD), I am trying to upgrade the wind kernel to run CM11, I have it compiling but it did not boot - more investigating required

Nz

Reactions: Swetnes

Butch1326

Nov 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
I've been running Dirty Unicorns for about a day. The rom seems smoother and more responsive vs. the Mokee rom. The one annoying issue (for me) is that the hardware menu lights are not illuminated. Is there a way to enable them? I found the option to enable the software menu keys, but I prefer not to give up the real estate on the screen. I'm using the Capacitive app but it doesn't respond very well (e.g. turns the lights on/off haphazardly).

Good job! I see a lot of promise with this rom.

Thanks!

MDGeist

Apr 16, 2007
alright then, i've been using DU for 4 days, i'll try to make it short ;)

The Good:
-Awesome customization options (center clock, network speed indicator etc, all the good stuff is there)
-Many features (Halo, PIE, Lockscreen notifications, Active Display... you name it, it's there)
-No sdcard bug when installing apps (no need to push to /data or unmount the sdcard)
-Stable (as in doesn't crash and didn't have a single BSOD, but read on...)

The Bad:
-Tiny omissions that get on your nerves (no network mode toggle in the quick settings panel? really?)
-Browser crashes from time to time (just install chrome)
-Torch takes about 8-10 seconds to turn on (just annoying, no dealbreaker)

The Ugly:
-Phone slows to a crawl every 12 hours or so. It won't crash, but it will be slow as molasses, not really respond to your touch input, eat your battery alive and restarting from that state takes about 5 minutes
-Network connection will crap itself sometimes, it doesn't lose connection, but there's nothing above 200b/s (bytes, not kilobytes!), phone calls are hit and miss and you can't send or receive sms...

all in all a nice rom, but don't use it if you HAVE to be reachable for friends/coworkers/family ^^''

MDGeist

Apr 16, 2007
Thanks for the review, this weeks build was not stable as well. I am working on tuning the kernel to match the ROM, stay tuned.

Nz

no problem, you're the one doing the actual work, so i think writing a few lines for a review should be par for the course ;)

yeah, some kernel tuning would be nice, the standard CM-Kernel is pretty basic. i dont really care for OC, but UV and a smartass governor would definitely be nice to have, since our device's favorite food seems to be batteries.

thanks for supporting our ol' heap o junk ^^

xxAirwickxx

Jun 13, 2013
We'll I'm unable to play Clash of Clans :( it loads about halfway then closes. It's the only game I play so i have to have it work lol. The CM by miroslav_mm is the only one able to play this game for some reason. Other than that I really like this ROM :) it's seems to b good so far. I hope you can fix the gaming issue. Thanks for your efforts !!

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

notzippy

Aug 3, 2010
Wandering
We'll I'm unable to play Clash of Clans :( it loads about halfway then closes. It's the only game I play so i have to have it work lol. The CM by miroslav_mm is the only one able to play this game for some reason. Other than that I really like this ROM :) it's seems to b good so far. I hope you can fix the gaming issue. Thanks for your efforts !!

The secret ingredient is not in the soup. I was able to compile a KK version using the adreno libs from miroslav cm10.1 version - plus all the patches he made as well, and still got an out of memory issue when loading clash of the clans...

Nz

xxAirwickxx

Jun 13, 2013
So it some sort of memory issue. I've read places that say its either CPU/memory management but they've argued over it basically so I was a lil iffy on which one. So memory it seems. I was able to open that game a few times here & there but not frequently enough. I would clear recent apps & sometimes let me in

xxAirwickxx

Jun 13, 2013
OK so I installed android tweaker 2 and this memory setting has let me into games several times & works better on gaming so far at least

Attachments

• 1404916507322.jpg
    1404916507322.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 153

notzippy

Aug 3, 2010
Wandering
OK so I installed android tweaker 2 and this memory setting has let me into games several times & works better on gaming so far at least

Got miroslav kernel to compile with du .. Clash of clans now works. Issue with hw buttons yet..

Sent from my LG-P930

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404927641997.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404927641997.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 189

xxAirwickxx

Jun 13, 2013
I'm still using this ROM and is good. Hasn't restarted on me so far. Can't wait for the next update to try hope it's not to difficult to get those keys to work.

xxAirwickxx

Jun 13, 2013
Got miroslav kernel to compile with du .. Clash of clans now works. Issue with hw buttons yet..

Sent from my LG-P930

Miroslav_mm just updated his CM. Maybe try compile with update n see what happens I suppose. I'm not a dev just experienced a lot with flashing & reading these forms :) haha interested in trying tho.

notzippy

Aug 3, 2010
Wandering
Is it possible to install the kernel seperatly as a zip file like the wind kernels ? And if yes where can I get the kernel zip file ? Or do you make a update the kernel within ?
New version is up, with 3.4 kernel. I dont have the time to make a build to upgrade the kernel directly, plus i am not sure if it would even work.
Clash of clans runs with no special tweaks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Feeling dirty ?

a0VQECm.png

Dirty Unicorns (DU) is a custom ROM originally based off AOKP, but now based from OmniROM. DU brings you a great mix of stability and customization. The idea to start a ROM like this was purely out of boredom, but later turned into a form of an addiction, a good one. We began to have fun while still doing things the right way. By doing so, we received high praise from not only our users but by fellow developers of other ROMs that also enjoy seeing things done the right way. This ROM will always be free of charge without any strings attached or any of it's developers luring you into donating, or any form of "pay to flash".

Features

-- Built-in ad blocker (able to update hosts on the fly)
    -- Ability to disable FC notifications
    -- Enable pointer/user microphone options (screen record)
    -- Download Center (Gapps, Xposed, etc)
    -- Ability to force Expanded Notifications
    -- Over 100 cloud based wallpapers
    -- Facebook Sync Hack
    -- Immersive mode
    -- Hot Reboot In Power Menu
    -- Appbar (app sidebar)
    -- Customizable Quick Settings
    -- Customizable power menu
    -- Customizable lockscreen shortcuts
    -- App Ops access in Settings
    -- TRDS (built in theme in settings)
    -- Statusbar Clock options
    -- NavBar Options
    -- Halo (multi-tasking tool)
    -- Halo size/color changer
    -- Hardware key remap mod (only for HW button devices)
    -- Battery Bar / Circle batteries
    -- Network speed indicators in statusbar
    -- SuperSU (chainfire)
    -- Build.prop mods
    -- Init.d Tweaks
    -- Active Display (Moto X notifications)
    -- ListView Animations
    -- Custom System Animations
    -- Toast Animations
    -- Custom BusyDialog
    -- Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
    -- ScreenShot QuickTrash
    -- Color Changing PhaseBeam
    -- Gesture Anywhere
    -- Button Light Notification
    -- Statusbar Color options
    -- OmniSwitch (multi-tasking tool)
    -- Driving Mode
    -- Lockscreen theme options
    -- Lockscreen notifications / options
    -- System App Remover
    -- Identicons
    -- Suspend Actions
    -- Wakelock Actions
    -- SlimROM based recents
    -- Contextual notification panel headers
    -- SlimROMs privacy guard
    -- Blacklist calls/sms

-- And much much more, just take a peek in Dirty Tweaks for yourself and ENJOY!!!

Installation

- Make sure you have a custom recovery
    - Wipe everything but your external/internal storage
    - Move the ROM zip to your device
    - Flash it and reboot
    - Once the ROM boots, reboot back into recovery
    - Flash the recommend GAPPS and ENJOY!!

Download
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567714220

Issues
    - Enabling some of the multitasking features will cause the camera to fail and the rom to become unstable.
    - Note enabling ART is not supported and will simply cause the ROM to continually reboot. That is because ART is not supported by the xposed framework used by this rom..
    - Still is some BSOD..

Changes
    [07/17/14]
    Changed kernel to use miroslav 3.4
    Added OC of 1566 MHz
    Added 2 new governors - lulxactive, smartassv2

Have fun, stay dirty.
    alright then, i've been using DU for 4 days, i'll try to make it short ;)

Thanks for the review, this weeks build was not stable as well. I am working on tuning the kernel to match the ROM, stay tuned.

Nz

Downloading now.

Yes there are still occasional memory allocation issues (aka BSOD), I am trying to upgrade the wind kernel to run CM11, I have it compiling but it did not boot - more investigating required

Nz