i535 shows up as i605

Search This thread

blackdeath159

Mar 23, 2013
Hello. I've tried searching for help on this but came up empty handed. I recently installed hyperdrive rls8 for my gs3 and after the install some of my apps didn't install. I looked under phone settings an noticed my model number was sch-i605 instead of i535. Anyone know how I can fix this?

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Hello. I've tried searching for help on this but came up empty handed. I recently installed hyperdrive rls8 for my gs3 and after the install some of my apps didn't install. I looked under phone settings an noticed my model number was sch-i605 instead of i535. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Open up your build.prop in settings and Check what device name and provider look like.

Rls 8 doesn't sound right, are you sure you flashed the correct rom?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

blackdeath159

Mar 23, 2013
Open up your build.prop in settings and Check what device name and provider look like.

Rls 8 doesn't sound right, are you sure you flashed the correct rom?

My wife has the exact same rom on her s3 and her phone shows up as an i535. I'm fairly new at this. Where exactly is the build.prop?

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
I found the file build.Prop and the build shows as i535 but the model still shows up as i560. I tried a system reset but stii shows up as i560

If everything is acting normally you can keep it the same, otherwise you could try reflashing the rom or a different one.